Don't blame me, I voted for the other guy. (Politics General)

Background Pony #1D40
And getting rid of Roe V Wade and taking away freedom for people to not have babies isn’t already making the judges super unpopular?
Plenty of Americans want them out of their positions.
Exactly. And trying to kill the judges would let them regain popularity while making the protesters lose popularity.
people didn’t vote for Supreme judges
They voted for politicians who appointed them. Removing the judges would be a temporary solution. If similar politicians kept getting elected, they would over time appoint similar judges.
This is already authoritarian rule, and has been for years.
Authoritarianism is not the same as having a supreme court. Authoritarianism is not the same as taking steps towards authoritarianism (though the latter obviously must still be prevented). Don’t schools in your country teach even the basics of political systems?
WatermelonRat
Starlight Glimmer - For Patreon supporters
Sunset Shimmer - For Patreon supporters
Solar Hero - Went above and beyond for the Solar Deity, drawing from the power of the sun itself to bring balance to the fight against the Lunar Insurrection (April Fools 2023).
Verified Pegasus - Show us your gorgeous wings!
Ruby - For users who have donated to the site
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
The 1% - Uploaded 1% or more of the site's images
Derpibooru Premium - Learn about the benefits of subscribing to Derpibooru Premium membership at https://derpibo
Perfect Pony Plot Provider - 10+ uploads with over 350 upvotes or more (Questionable/Explicit)
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

Assistant
Upload King
Dems had 2 months warning that this was coming after the draft leak, and what did they do with all that time to prepare?
What exactly did you want them to do? Assassinate justices before they could make their ruling? The time prevent this ruling was in 2016. Now we can only mitigate the damage until we can secure a stable Democratic majority.
Dustcan
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Condensed Milk - State-Approved Compensation

Dogs
Kick Manchinema’s ass, in broad daylight and right there on the Senate floor, until they voted to get rid of the filibuster. Then immediately kick both their asses again, again right there in broad daylight and right there on the Senate floor, until they voted to codify Roe.
I’m only half kidding about that. The other half is determinant on if Republicans make good on their promise to kill the filibuster when they someday retake Congress. At that point, yes. Hindsight is 20/20, and this hypothetical future that hindsight says we could’ve done untold amounts of good - good that would prevent Republicans from gaining seats in the government by sheer virtue of people gaining faith in Democrats, thus causing compounding interest on that good - if only people kicked Manchinema’s obstructionist asses.
So yeah. Just because we can’t save the people the trolley has already ran over doesn’t mean we can’t kick the asses of the people stopping us from pulling the brake to save the people about to be ran over by the trolley.
WatermelonRat
Solar Hero - Went above and beyond for the Solar Deity, drawing from the power of the sun itself to bring balance to the fight against the Lunar Insurrection (April Fools 2023).
Derpibooru Premium - Learn about the benefits of subscribing to Derpibooru Premium membership at https://derpibo
Perfect Pony Plot Provider - 10+ uploads with over 350 upvotes or more (Questionable/Explicit)

Assistant
Upload King
@WatermelonRat
I’m not sure a stable Democratic majority’s possible at this rate.
It would be easily possible if left-leaning people consistently voted and campaigned for Democrats. The numbers are there if people could get over this reflex to bash Democrats whenever Republicans do something terrible.
@Dustcan
FDR and LBJ were some of the most effective leaders of the century, and even they had about a dozen Dems routinely voting against their bills. It frustrates me that modern Democrats are expected to get 100% compliance amongst their members or they’re considered worthless.
HeadlessHorselessHorseman

@WatermelonRat
Some of that I think is a problem with how people perceive politics and politicians in general, but there’s just no faith in “government” right now except maybe on the most immediate, personal levels.
The federal bureaucracy looks utterly sclerotic, so the populists (whether they’re “blue” anarchists or “red” militiamen) are gearing up to fight their battles themselves. This is going to hurt.
Anarchist/generally left street actors are likely to make moves long before Biden does, unfortunately. Anarchism can only accomplish so much on its own, but for the left it’s a very useful counterweight to state impotence and malice.
YourPalContrail
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).

high altitude cloud pone
Pregnant people are going to die from seeking out less legal and safer forms of abortions and you think them retaliating against the politicians that are effectively sentencing them to death is going too far?
Yes, I dont care how you frame it its still wrong. Pro-Lifers believe that it is a life and that roe allowed the killing of over 60 million children, Does that justify shooting up planned parenthood clinics? I argue no. It also doesn’t justify running them over in Iowa.
It’s not about the policies. It’s about the fact that both parties aren’t going to do any of the steps you just outlined.
And what better way of garnering support than by sharing it? If you think its good than we can join eachother in support. If i keep it to myself it would just be DOA.
Nittany Discord
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Dream Come True! - Participated in the MLP 9th Anniversary Event
Economist -

Assistant
Dress Fanatic
@WatermelonRat
But the Democratic party doesn’t want to represent the left. They’re mostly conservatives as well. They’re just not theocratic fascists. They’re still bought and paid for by big corporations, though, and that’s a counterpoint to the left. If Democrats want support from the left, they need to earn it. They need to stop pretending to care about the left when it’s election season and then throw progressives under the bus for the wants and needs of the rich few or when they don’t want to appear “mean” like the Republicans.
Dustcan
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Condensed Milk - State-Approved Compensation

Dogs
FDR is especially relevant to this topic.
The SCOTUS back in the day routinely struck down his New Deal, declaring it unconstitutional. So in response FDR calmly took his cigar out of his mouth, snuffed it out, unzipped his pants, and slapped his ABSOLUTELY PENDULOUS BRASS BALLS on the table in front of them and declared ‘Either you pass the New Deal, or I’ll keep expanding the Supreme Court until it eventually does pass.’
The SCOTUS, frightened both at the prospect of losing their individual power and of FDR’s prodigious manhood, passed the New Deal. So yeah, FDR having a spine and playing hardball is what got us the thing that (amongst other things) A) pulled us out of the Great Depression, B) ushered in the Golden Age of Economic Prosperity, and C) has been a boon for underprivileged or elderly folk up to today.
FDR then went on to win so many elections it took literally Death himself to stop, and he scared the Republicans so bad they invented term limits just to prevent another FDR.
So not only will the future not look kindly on the spinelessness of today’s Dems, history is also looking at them in disappointment.
WatermelonRat

Assistant
Upload King
@Dustcan
That’s the popularly remembered version of events. The part that you’re forgetting is that FDR’s court packing plan led to a major internal split amongst Democrats in Congress, significantly damaging his standing and forcing him to back off on the idea. It was also unpopular with the public, and contributed to catastrophic losses for Democrats in 1938 (worse than the losses in 2010). After that, a faction of southern Democrats joined Republicans in blocking most of FDR’s big domestic proposals for the rest of his presidency.
On top of that, historians now think that the Supreme Court had already changed their votes before he put forward the plan, so it might not have even changed anything.
Background Pony #1F81
I’m genuinely concerned by the amount of posts recently talking about murdering people
We are all better then this
The Smiling Pony
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Tree of Harmony - Drew someone's OC for the 2022 Community Collab
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab

( ͠° ͟ʖ ͡° )
@Background Pony #1F81
I mean, this is what the sacred 2nd Amendment is all about, right? Enabling the citizenry to “take care” of their rulers should they turn against the people (say, for example, by a voting minority abusing a flawed electoral system to slowly turn the country into a theocracy against the will of the majority)?
In Minecraft.
Violet Rose in The Rain
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

And trying to kill the judges would let them regain popularity while making the protesters lose popularity.
They voted for politicians who appointed them. Removing the judges would be a temporary solution. If similar politicians kept getting elected, they would over time appoint similar judges.
Get rid of them too.
It would be easily possible if left-leaning people consistently voted and campaigned for Democrats. The numbers are there if people could get over this reflex to bash Democrats whenever Republicans do something terrible.
The Democrats had two months worth of warning that the Republicans would try this shit and all they did was sang God Bless America when they finally went through with it.
If a kid was given a piece of homework and ignored it for two months without any good reason, we’d punish them for it.
Yes, I dont care how you frame it its still wrong.
I’ll be sure to remember that when pregnant people die from preventable ectopic pregnancies and couples go broke from unwanted children, who’ll grow up in a system with defunded public education and traumatising events like school shootings are the norm.
But hey, it should be right because they didn’t kill anybody according to you.
Background Pony #1F81
@Latecomer
I may have worded it wrong but yes I am talking about posts here on derpibooru (though this applies to posts from sites in general)
BlitztheDragon
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Oh yes. I’ve been refraining such calls myself. One because I’m pretty sure they break the rules of the forum, and two even if they don’t, they could be used against me by law enforcement if I did.
Exhibit A: That anarchist in Florida who faced a harsher sentence than any of the Jan 6 rioters simply for posting to social media that coup opponents needed to take up arms to surround and box in the rioters.
As such, I have no personal interest in inflicting severe bodily harm or death on the justices, or anyone else online or in person who is for all this shit. I will, however, read certain obituaries with great satisfaction.
Vivace
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Artist -

“ShimSham my GlimGlams”
@BlitztheDragon
Speaking of 1/6, do you think Hutchinson was being candid? Folks are calling her a liar and perjurer on account of reports from an anonymous source saying that Bobby Engel & Anthony Ornato will testify in denial of her claims.
Background Pony #EC7E
Turkey has dropped their opposition to Finland and Sweden joining NATO, effectively paving the way for the two nations ascents into the multinational defense bloc.
Apparently thanks in large part to President Biden, and the six month plan he engaged in to expand NATO.

@The Smiling Pony
I mean, who at this point doesn’t realize that the last things the Dems want to do is anything at all? Their entire gameplan is “let the GOP fuck things up, complain about it, get elected on the promise of fixing it, do nothing but collect paycheques from lobbies, lose just as we were about to fix things, and repeat”.
If the Dems ever actually did anything, they’d end up with nothing to campaign on within a single cycle.
Well, nothing aside from all the stuff they fixed and improved. Does that not win campaigns anymore?

Also, what about that whole $1.2 trillion Infrastructure bill they passed? Does that not count for anything? The American Rescue Plan that provided economic stimulus and a wide array of COVID assistance? That doesn’t count as them wanting to do something either? I mean, come on, the last major legislation the GOP passes was more or less the “make rich people richer act”. I’m having a hard time seeing where the Democrats aren’t at least trying to do something to help people who don’t own 6 yachts.

@Violet Rose in The Rain
The Democrats had two months worth of warning that the Republicans would try this shit and all they did was sang God Bless America when they finally went through with it.
I don’t think anyone is going to say that wasn’t incredibly ill timed. But I’d be remiss if I didn’t point out that they organized the event to celebrate passing the first significant gun safety bill in nearly 30 years. Their singing had nothing to do with the SCOTUS decision.

Also, for what it’s worth, Xavier Becerra (Secretary of the U.S. Department of Health & Human Services), said that HHS has been preparing for this decision for some time.

@WatermelonRat
@WatermelonRat
I’m not sure a stable Democratic majority’s possible at this rate.

Seriously, I’m not asking people to overlook flaws or mistakes or even like them, but constantly jumping on the Democrats every time the Republicans once again stab democracy in the back is not particularly helpful when it’s pretty obvious that they are outnumbered.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Champions of Equestria

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide