Don't blame me, I voted for the other guy. (Politics General)

YourPalContrail
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Wallet After Summer Sale -

high altitude cloud pone
Now that row is overturned some things I as a pro lifer really want to see now that life is more likely to be protected.
  1. Contraceptives need to be more available to the public to help further prevent unwanted pregnancies
  2. More for child tax credits
  3. better funding for foster care
  4. Public day care for low income families
  5. Maternity leave is an expected benefit
Background Pony #1F81
@Dustcan
Neither side should have to resort to this tbh
Even more so if their family members end up getting caught in this.
By all means you can hate the SCOTUS, but leave their families out of this
YourPalContrail
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).

high altitude cloud pone
For sure. if pro-choice people are just holding signs and chanting leave them be. But if you’re out firebombing CPCs and Planned Parenthoods I hope you get fucked by the long dick of the law.
For sure. We need to come together as Americans and be able to disagree constructively and not attack eachother. these loonytoons on the outside wanting these facilities attack need to be driven out. We are all of us Americans, we shouldn’t see eachother as an enemy.
Princess Luna
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Thread Starter - Started a thread with over 100 pages
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Notoriously Divine Tagger - Consistently uploads images above and beyond the minimum tag requirements. And/or additionally, bringing over the original description from the source if the image has one. Does NOT apply to the uploader adding several to a dozen tags after originally uploading with minimum to bare tagging.
Cool Crow - "Caw!" An awesome tagger
Economist -
A Perfectly Normal Pony - <%Nebulon> Yeah, just fetch me a smaller anus, sweetie.
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
From the Night -

Senior Moderator
Site Developer
Tag Czar
@Dustcan
As much as I’d love to see Biden storming angrily in to congress to push thru a court expansion bill that makes it 15 justices with a random 9 hearing each case, the simple reality is that trying to do so now will fail and just worsen Democrats’ chances. They need people mad for the midterms to vote against Republicans to then be able to do things afterwards.
@YourPalContrail
Wow, absolutely naive to even for a moment think any of this will come. For a start, many Republican states are absolutely going to not make any exceptions for rape or if trying to have the baby would kill the mother, and are instead going to double down and prosecute any “suspicious” miscarriages or stillbirths as murder (this already happens occasionally when a religious hospital gets in touch with a conservative prosecutor).
Remember, nowadays, there are completely-safe pills that are guaranteed to induce a miscarriage very early on that can be bought over the internet covertly for relatively cheap, so all state laws do is punish people who know less or have less ability to do anything (read: the poor).
I must single out public day care as a thing they specifically try to avoid because it inevitably leads to maternity leave and public healthcare as people realize how good it is to have the gov’t protect our ability to live and reproduce. Republicans absolutely despise a world where the gov’t makes sure every poor family is kept healthy and thus able to actually climb up to take some of the pie at the top. And the ones who don’t make it all the way to the top would vote Democrat by and large from their new perspectives in which they value multiculturalism and such.
Asking Republicans to provide for poor children in these common sense ways is like asking Superman to fund kryptonite mining.
The Smiling Pony
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Solar Hero - Went above and beyond for the Solar Deity, drawing from the power of the sun itself to bring balance to the fight against the Lunar Insurrection (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Tree of Harmony - Drew someone's OC for the 2022 Community Collab
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab

( ͠° ͟ʖ ͡° )
Now that row is overturned some things I as a pro lifer really want to see now that life is more likely to be protected.
  1. Contraceptives need to be more available to the public to help further prevent unwanted pregnancies
Practically every politician, campaigner, activist, etc. that’s “pro-life” not only doesn’t care about those things, but actively detests every item on that list and will do everything within their power to ensure they’re never implemented, denied where already present, and banned at the federal level if possible.
If you don’t realize that then you’re astoundingly delusional.
NitroFury
Lunar Guardian - Earned a place among the ranks of the most loyal New Lunar Republic soldiers (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Thread Starter - Horseplay
Artist -

Nitro Cat Bad!
I can only respond with this gif
Dustcan
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Condensed Milk - State-Approved Compensation

Dogs
I’ve heard a case made that since the number of Supreme Justices are usually tied to the number of circuit courts then Biden has a argument to increase the count to 13.
It’s doomed to fail even with that argument, but much like how Republicans are now planning on getting rid of the filibuster altogether after that prospect has been raised, there’s few doubts that the next Republican president will try to expand the court now that the idea has been put in their head.
Joy.
CaptainXtra

STOP KOSA!
So I hear that Trump assaulted a secret service agent on the day of the capitol riot.
I feel like this only turns on his voter base to commit more treasonous shit.
YourPalContrail

high altitude cloud pone
If you want me to just repeat republican talking points I’m sorry I’m just not going to do that. Those policies are some that I believe (emphasis on “I” not the republican party) would help people. If I have to argue about it with Republicans so be it. And if I was going to just say things that I don’t believe what would that achieve? I specifically wanted those because I think it would be a boon to impoverished americans which you mock me for. Who do you think cares about the well-being of Americans here?
if you think there is a problem policy wise tell me, I’m all ears; because I care about what would be best for all Americans
Dustcan
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Dogs
The Jan 6 committee also revealed that Trump knew his crowd had weapons. He told Mark Meadows “They aren’t gonna hurt me”, and demanded the removal of metal detectors.
Lock him up.
Zincy
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

In Vino Veritas
Turkey has dropped their opposition to Finland and Sweden joining NATO, effectively paving the way for the two nations ascents into the multinational defense bloc.
The two major economic and military powers would represent the single largest boost to NATOs defense capabilities since the blocs formation, dwarfing previous ascents. It would also open up one of the longest borders between “west and east” to defensive fortification.
This news comes less than a day after Russia officially defaulted on its foreign debt. While the default has little effect in the near term, it all but guarantees that even if sanctions were dropped today, it would take years for Russia to re-normalize its economic relations with the wider market.
The point of their comments is that your position is naive under the current backdrop.
Axing Roe right now without any of those aforementioned advances just adds layers and layers of suffering on women right now.
It’s like getting rid of the fire department while the neighborhood is on fire and then going “maybe if we set up a stronger community effort, we can put out these fires in the future”.
The department wasn’t perfect, and some people were for its removal, but they could have been there putting out the flames right now while we put the community bucket brigade together.
Never confuse the “ought” with the “is”.
Violet Rose in The Rain
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

I don’t care where you fall on abortion issues this shouldn’t be acceptable
Now that row is overturned some things I as a pro lifer
Pregnant people are going to die from seeking out less legal and safer forms of abortions and you think them retaliating against the politicians that are effectively sentencing them to death is going too far?
if you think there is a problem policy wise tell me, I’m all ears; because I care about what would be best for all Americans
It’s not about the policies. It’s about the fact that both parties aren’t going to do any of the steps you just outlined.
I don’t know how else I can say this. Democrats stood outside and sang God bless America while people’s rights are being taken away.
Dustcan
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Dogs
@YourPalContrail
I don’t know how else I can say this. Democrats stood outside and sang God bless America while people’s rights are being taken away.
That’s not an exaggeration by the way. Dems had 2 months warning that this was coming after the draft leak, and what did they do with all that time to prepare? Sing God Bless America on the SCOTUS steps right after the decision.
Instead of protecting a women’s rights (and by extension everyone’s right to privacy, you cannot forget that part of the ruling) they instead chose to sing a song about how God Blessed the country that just stripped a major right away from half the population is.
Goddamn Dems suck at optics.
The Smiling Pony
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Solar Hero - Went above and beyond for the Solar Deity, drawing from the power of the sun itself to bring balance to the fight against the Lunar Insurrection (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Tree of Harmony - Drew someone's OC for the 2022 Community Collab
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab

( ͠° ͟ʖ ͡° )
@Violet Rose in The Rain
@Dustcan
I mean, who at this point doesn’t realize that the last things the Dems want to do is anything at all? Their entire gameplan is “let the GOP fuck things up, complain about it, get elected on the promise of fixing it, do nothing but collect paycheques from lobbies, lose just as we were about to fix things, and repeat”.
If the Dems ever actually did anything, they’d end up with nothing to campaign on within a single cycle.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Ponies Online! - April 13-14

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide