Don't blame me, I voted for the other guy. (Politics General)

Zincy
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Wallet After Summer Sale -
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

In Vino Veritas
Yea this is one of those events that doesn’t just “blow over”.
I’m not sure some people fully grasp how much of a seismic shift this was. It’s going to be the centerfold of political campaigns for the foreseeable future.
I had a little chitchat with a colleague yesterday about here in VA. Virginia is one of a handful of states where women vote in much higher numbers than men, and particularly suburban women. There’s a reason that Youngkin, ever the pragmatist, is resistant to calls to outright ban abortion here, opting for the 15 week and calling for “spirited debate” with dems. This is because the GOP here in VA is on pins and needles. They absolutely need suburban women, and they managed to swing enough of them in their favor with the “think of the school kids” critical race theory spin.
Now, after the latest string of school shootings, polling in VA showed that women were growing less and less confident in the GOp and their stace on guns and schools, which was a small but notable red flag in a swing state where margins tend to be tight.
If they further erode their standing with SU women, they’ll lose critical enclaves around the Roanoke Valley and lower NOVA, and drop numbers in dem strongholds in NOVA where they managed to turn former 30+ dem victories into 20+ (which allowed Youngkin to win).
They’re very, very carefully tailoring their messages here.
Background Pony #15B5
Ruth Bader Ginsburg warned you lefties. Roe v. Wade, being illegal, would ultimately be overturned, and worse still, it being ‘law’ for so long would prevent an abortion amendment from ever being ratified.
Her warning is 30 years old.
Don’t blame SCOTUS.
Blame yourself.
The left’s most likely band-aid over this issue will be another Roe-like case to try to get another illegal ruling.
They could have been making better arguments, organizing, properly establishing abortion as a winnable issue for their side for 49 years.
Instead, they chose Roe.
None of this would be a concern if the Left had been making arguments and winning elections with them, instead of illegally pushing their agenda through courts that were intended to INTERPRET law, not INVENT it.
The only reason roe v wade lasted this long is because the supreme court has been dominated by the left for decades and even than they didn’t dare enshrine it.
You wanna do something about it? Neuter the supreme court, give them term limits, higher scrutiny, accountability and give the president the power to RECOMEND a judge be dismissed if they fail in their duties which is and always has been to interpret the constitutional law.
Dustcan
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Condensed Milk - State-Approved Compensation

Dogs
To no surprise, the SCOTUS building is locked up tight now. Armed security, fences, snipers on the roof, literally everything you wouldn’t see when a bunch of inbreds openly threaten to storm the Capitol building to prevent democracy.
And I’m just sitting here thinking “Oh, so the SCOTUS does believe in Right to Privacy now.”
Natry
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!
Fine Arts - Two hundred uploads with a score of over a hundred (Safe/Suggestive)
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

Constant Lurker
@Background Pony #23F7
They would lose the ability to campaign over it. It’s the same reason why they claim to care about the minimum wage losing to inflation every couple of election cycles but never bother to make a bill that makes the minimum wage automatically rise with inflation. If they solve the problem they’d have to come up with something else to capture people’s votes.
Vortaxonus

@Zincy
not to mention the economic impact this would have that i can be seen being felt in about 6 months time. According to this article, and this is a direct quote: “Texas, for instance, suffered $14.6 billion in economic losses even before it enacted a six-week abortion ban, IWPR found, while Missouri’s GDP would raise by 1.02% if it weren’t for abortion restrictions.”
BlitztheDragon
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Is there a chance that Biden’s unpopularity (which is now worse than Trump’s at the same point in his presidency) as well as the (artificially, I might add) high inflation and product shortages will prevent overturning Roe v Wade from making a difference?
Meanlucario
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Solar Guardian - Refused to surrender in the face of the Lunar rebellion and showed utmost loyalty to the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Kinship Through Differences - Celebrated the 11th anniversary of MLP:FIM!

Time to get spooky
The more I see of Amber vs Johnny, the more I realized we needed this, to show how abuse-able the system can be (especially when evidence is kept from the public) and how unreliable news outlets are.
Background Pony #462B
I think an abortion should absolutely be allowed in the case of rape, but I’d rather do something to reduce rape, so women don’t have to worry about being raped in the first place.
BlitztheDragon
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Exactly. There’s a viral tweet going around from an oncologist stating that certain types of cancer would require terminating the pregnancy in order to be treated.
Abortion is absolutely a part of healthcare, regardless of how anybody feels about it.
Background Pony #1D40
Well, if it’s mother’s life vs child’s life, it should be obvious to all pro-life people that it’s life vs life and the mother has full right to choose to preserve her own life in such circumstances.
At least where I live, anti-abortion people acknowledge that. I find it weird that someone would disagree with that.
Vivace
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Artist -

“ShimSham my GlimGlams”
From Redditor Karl Havoc
Do you know what’s violent? A life growing up as an unwanted, impoverished, marginalized child.
For all of you “moral” fucks on the right blowing your load over idiotic memes and how well you’ve “owned the Libs,” where are you gonna be when there’s millions more unwanted babies in need of public assistance so they have a fighting chance of anything resembling the type of childhood necessary to avoid becoming the type of adults you loathe? The type you say ruin society and relish punishing at every turn? Are you gonna step up and start funding the only programs that help such kids?
You don’t need to answer with any handwringing, intellectually indefensible bullshit because we already know the answer. Your slash and burn cruelty tour cutting public assistance for truly needy babies and children will continue unscathed. Your increasing extremism might even permit you to lash out even more and rip resources from the needy, you disgusting excuses for human beings. You disgusting excuses, in most cases, for Christians. “Love your neighbor like you’re punishing them for coming out of the wrong womb,” was your messiah’s heartless refrain, right?
You demanded millions of unwanted babies be brought into this world and all you’ll do is laugh at them at most when they can’t eat because the person taking care of them can’t take care of themselves. Then, one day, they’ll be 18 and truly off of your barely-existent “compassion” radar. Maybe the single school counselor for an entire districts which exist because you vote down every school levy will be enough to help all of these unwanted kids beat the odds?
It’s musical chairs and you assholes think more children and fewer chairs will be the answer to anything besides how to create more suffering. You make me sick. You aren’t pro-life, you’re pro-suffering. You despicable cowards. If you had any ounce of credibility you’d be out in the streets figuring out how to protect the existing children, not just condemning even more to poverty and starvation.
Background Pony #EC7E
It’s the same reason why they claim to care about the minimum wage losing to inflation every couple of election cycles but never bother to make a bill that makes the minimum wage automatically rise with inflation.
That’s not true. There is a bill. The Raise the Wage Act (which I’d like to think I don’t need to explain, given the name) has been introduced in each congressional session since 2017.
Additionally, the American Rescue Plan originally included a measure that would have increased the minimum wage until it reached $15 in 2025, after which it would have been indexed to median wage growth to help it keep up with inflation. It had to be removed because the Senate Parliamentarian ruled a wage hike could not be passed through reconciliation, but it was still there.
Dustcan
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Condensed Milk - State-Approved Compensation

Dogs
Clarence Thomas reportedly told his clerks back in the 90s that his main goal as a Supreme Justice was to “make liberals lives miserable”. So his first priority as one of the highest authorities in the land is solely to see how to cause the most suffering for an entire demographic.
So not only is he a traitor, he’s unfit for his position. Imagine that.
So basically all the conservative Justices on the SCOTUS illegitimate for one reason or another.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Techy Cutie Pony Collection!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide