Don't blame me, I voted for the other guy. (Politics General)

Background Pony #988B
@AaronMk
It calls to mind Oswald Spengler, writer of The Decline of the West, when he said that democracy is the same as a plutocracy because democracy implies a successful penetration of Money throughout society.
Dustcan
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Condensed Milk - State-Approved Compensation

Dogs
Yeah, uh, about that.
Not stated: if it was about babies, then we’d make sure they weren’t gunned down on a bi-monthly basis in schools while we federally mandate their presence there for 5 days of a week.
Also,
Background Pony #EC7E
@MethidMan
We can vote Democrats. After all, they want to codify roe. I think.
Yeah, uh, about that.
I’m going to point out, again, that while the Democrats control the Senate, they cannot just codify any law they want to. Whatever they try to put in place to fix this would need to have 60 votes to get around the filibuster, and there are basically no Republicans on board with that.
Oh, and to this person’s point, Democrats forced a Senate vote on the Women’s Health Protection Act back in May. With the exception of Manchin they all voted in favor of it. Every Republican voted against.
Dustcan
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Dogs
For what it’s worth that nothingburger gun control bill passed the Senate 65-33. All that’s waiting is for Biden to sign it into law now.
Oh and a few days ago the SCOTUS cut back some gun control rights, so it’s a wash anyway.
Dustcan
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Dogs
In a country that this year has literally averaged a mass shooting every 13 hours I think it more important to ask if someone has a right to not be shot more so than if someone has a right to shoot.
I’m on whichever side leads to less death.
CaptainXtra

STOP KOSA!
Women not automatically having the right to remove the baby but having the right to get an AR-15 is what baffles me the most on what this all means.

I mean hey, Women being able to carry guns will definitely kill the excitement of many would-be rapists.
But let’s see how long it takes the Shit Court to adjust the law to where it’s:
“On second thought, seeing as how Women are killing all these Rapists that would put babies in them, we’ve decided to take guns away from almost everyone with two exceptions:”
“Only Male Christian White Rich GOP Donor Rapists & Those Who Wish To Shoot Up Schools And Other Public Places” are allowed to openly carry guns.”
Can we go back to 2012?
I like the year when the world was feared to face armageddon better.
Dustcan
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Dogs
Oh man, the Onion (who’s timeline we live in) sure have been out for blood today.
Sad thing is they’re working off outdated info with this one. The leak said a 5-4 ruling, but the final one turned out to be 6-3. Chief Justice Roberts bent the knee towards ideology over credibility.
Latecomer

@kleptomage
i agree they have the right to defend their life by whatever means are available and necessary. I don’t believe they should have a gun at hand to do so on their property or anywhere else.*
*Statement primarily applicable to urban dwellers - rural may vary.
Dustcan
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Dogs
In other news, this is a before and after image of Lake Mead with only a month’s difference. If you look carefully, you can almost just see the climate change taking effect.
If Fallout New Vegas ever gets remade then finding that bomber at the bottom of Lake Mead is sure gonna get a whole lot easier.
kleptomage
Lunar Guardian - Earned a place among the ranks of the most loyal New Lunar Republic soldiers (April Fools 2023).
Perfect Pony Plot Provider - 10+ uploads with over 350 upvotes or more (Questionable/Explicit)
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012
Fine Arts - Two hundred uploads with a score of over a hundred (Safe/Suggestive)

@Dustcan
I would say the sheer number of shootings these days is a good reason to carry concealed. Better to fight than to be another statistic. A small concealed pistol isn’t going to be the first choice of someone who wants to shoot up a public place, but it’s enough to stop someone who does.
Everyone focuses on guns and ignores whatever social disease is causing all these senseless killings. A generation or two ago guns were just as available and there were less shootings. What changed? Why is American society so uniquely sick in all the world that “mass” shootings have become a regular thing? If we can find and treat whatever ails our society, we can start to reduce gun deaths.
@Latecomer
You’ve said so many times how you hate guns and the second amendment. I get it. You have an irrational hatred of inanimate objects and want everyone to be weak and helpless. I got your meaning after a few times. I don’t feel obliged to consider 50 variations of the same shit. You’re as obsessive about this single issue as your opposite Ebalosus, except he I believe means well in his flippant way and your motives as someone who wants to disarm the populace are highly questionable.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Ministry of Image - Fanfiction Printing

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide