Don't blame me, I voted for the other guy. (Politics General)

Background Pony #0E9C
One of the candidates for gov in Georgia, Kandis Taylor, has been causing quite a stir.
A few weeks ago she suggested outlawing every religion other than Christianity, that Christianity rules America, and that those who perform abortions should be killed.
Yesterday, at a campaign event she really “backed the blue” by saying that police and sheriffs that don’t follow orders should be killed by firing squad.
These are your people, Republicans.
And people wonder why trying to be neutral in these situations is considered a bad idea.
You keep using that word.
I do not think it means what you think it means.
Background Pony #0E9C
@Ereiam
I see virtually nothing inherently wrong with adopting that philosophy (and FYI, if one were to be completely consistent in following what you believe is that of the “centrist” line of thought, they would be saying “perhaps those folks on [insert side of political spectrum, here] may not be quite as bad” for both the right and the left).
Atlas_66
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Verified Pegasus - Show us your gorgeous wings!
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
The Magic of Friendship Grows - For helping others attend the 2020 Community Collab
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Dream Come True! - Participated in the MLP 9th Anniversary Event
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag
The Power of Love - Given to a publicly verified artist with an image under their artist’s tag that has reached 1000 upvotes
Artist -

🍞
Then stop using it as an argument.
  • Do you really have nothing more to argue? I don’t use this argument “the USA also committed crimes” because you don’t care about the fact that the USA committed crimes, I don’t see something that you were against the USA, against Russia it’s you always with joy, against the USA - Nooo) in no way case.
    I’m just showing the absolute hypocrisy of Western society.
    All of you didn’t care about Donetsk and Luhansk, which were shelling the forces of Azov (NATO actively supported them)
    You are just a victim of propaganda) Where are your tears about the inhabitants of Donbass who were fired upon by both the Ukrainian army and Azov? because your media didn’t say anything about it.
    You know how in George Orwell “1984”, when some are suddenly accused of being enemies, you bark like a dog at “enemies” because your government ordered you to do so.
    If tomorrow they announce sanctions against China and this is good and right, you will already bark at the Chinese, while not having critical thinking, just like an obedient cute dog doing what you were told from the propaganda media.
French reporter exposes the atrocities towards Ukrainians in Donbass: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZHIDbAgAPLg
This is unlikely to be shown by CNN and BBC. As well as the real picture of what is happening in Ukraine! There are practically no foreign journalists in Donetsk and Luhansk: the West has actually declared an information blockade against Donbass. However, sometimes she manages to break through: this brave French journalist succeeds. Her testimony is worth its weight in gold. The woman is literally tripping up her leader Macron, who has been trying to prove on camera all evening that this war is not a conflict between NATO and the West and that everything that is happening is a little like fighting Nazism. What will the French president say after the facts presented in his own media?
And becoming the thing you swore to destroy alleviates everything?
“I’ll fix a problem by introducing another” indeed.
  • First open your profile, I would like to see the profile of the person I am chatting with.
    Secondly, I don’t shout “OH no, evil Putin attacked the holy country of Ukraine! oh no, one day nothing happened, Putin SUDDENLY suddenly decided to attack for no reason, because Putin is so angry!!111 9(9”
I understand that these reasons were built over the years, and all this accumulated and accumulated even when Ukraine refused to comply with the Minsk agreements, what is now happening in Ukraine, it all happened in Donetsk and Luhansk for 8 years, where children hid in basements from shelling, there, these cities constantly received arrivals from the Ukrainian authorities. Ukraine called it an “anti-terrorist special operation” but not a war))
…This is all just nothing more than a big wall of “NO U!”
  • This is when you have run out of arguments, you can’t actually say anything, but you should say at least something stupid for the sake of appearances.
Enjoy living in a closed economy, hope you like bread lines.
  • Closed economy? dude .. Russia is not North Korea, you obviously don’t understand geopolitics at all))
    It is impossible to throw Russia out of the world economy, the sale of gas and oil, it continues serenely. And European farmers also complain that they have lost Russia as an export country, and in general, this has already hit Europe in terms of electricity and water prices.
    When sanctions are imposed against Russia, always expect a boomerang.
    And about the lines for bread .. are you joking and making fun of me? or do you really believe it? We don’t have any lines for bread, lol)
I wouldn’t be surprise, the pro-Putin Far-Right Wing simps and Tankies will continue to deflect the atrocities committed by the Russian Military; cause they’re nothing but Soyface Doplhins everytime they’re being lies from Putin and Russia’s State Run Media.
  • I’m pro-Putin, but I’m not ultra-right, sorry)) but I’m not a member of the Azov battalion.
    I am rather a centrist, in the economy I am for a free market economy, here I am of the right ideas. In social terms, I believe that universal education and medicine should be available to everyone, regardless of your social status.
    Yes, yes, yes, the atrocities committed by the Russian military, and what atrocities? where is the proof? we won’t talk about it) that’s right, let’s talk in loud slogans and slogans without specifics.
    Please tell me how the Ukrainian army treats captured Russian soldiers? and how the Russian military treats captured Ukrainians.
    I remember watching a video of how the Ukrainian military shot through the knees of Russian prisoners, and also stuck a knife in the eye and burned the captives bound alive.
    Come on .. shout “Glory to Ukraine” come on come on) continue to support the Ukrainian military))
they’re being lies from Putin and Russia’s State Run Media.
  • Yeah.. whether it’s the BBC or the CNN of the Ukrainian media, that’s where they show us the ultimate truth and there is no lie)) Your media accurately tell 100% the whole truth.
What you are learning at great expense is that Putin has made your country expendable.
  • It is immediately clear that you know very little about Russia, and you know it only from your propaganda and pictures from TV. Come to Russia) you will like it here))
    I don’t like everything about Putin, I can criticize him, but he really did a lot for Russia. For example, a very important event is the legal joining of Crimea, for the inhabitants of Crimea and for Russians this is a great important event, for which I have even more respect for Vladimir Vladimirovich.
    Only thanks to this in Sevastopol - the city of Russian sailors, in this city, thanks to Putin, there is no NATO base.
The US does a lot of bad shit. China, for that matter, does a lot of bad shit. But they’re both given a relatively wide berth because they are major economic powers.
  • +++ Yes, this is at least honest, I like this answer, it is not hypocritical, these are the realities of the world.
    Israel occupied foreign territories, Turkey and Britain did it, but there is such a quote “Everything is for your friends, for enemies - the law”
    This is how it works)) no one cares about the UN and its laws, the UN was created to dictate laws to weak countries. In geopolitics, there is such a right as the “Right of the Strong”; it stands above any legal laws.
    There is a UN law on the right of the nation to self-determination, and Catalonia wanted independence and there was a referendum where the overwhelming majority voted for secession from Spain. But Spain brought in the National Guard and the police, all who needed to be beaten and sent to prison, and did not allow Catalonia to secede. Someone will say, “But wait! There is a UN law on the right of a nation to self-determination, meaning not an ethnic nation, but a political one, what about this law?” - The right of the strong is stronger than any laws, and in this case Catalonia turned out to be weaker than Spain.
    Yes, that’s how everything in this world works.
    On the other hand, all of Europe were silent and said “well, these are the internal affairs of Spain, this is not our business”
    If what was happening in Spain, it would be happening in Russia, All of Europe and the US would be screaming “OH GOD MY EVIL PUTIN IS DOING HORRIBLE THINGS!11 WHAT IS HOLY DEMOCRACY??”
Meanwhile Putin is content to turn your beloved motherland into a colder Venezuela. When the oil money dries up, who cares? He’ll be dead by then.
  • Ohh, dube.. I have heard this so many times from foreigners in the direction of Russia that my ears are already withering, whoever says this knows very little about Russia, and all these tees happen simply from the propaganda media.
    There is no North Korea or Venezuela in Russia, these are all such obvious fairy tales for children .. But I definitely agree on one thing, gas and oil make Russia a major player in the market, and it also dictates its terms in geopolitics, and countries cannot refuse it.
    Now at the moment, Russia only earns more from the sale of gas and oil.
    And I don’t agree with you about electric cars, I watched a documentary for 3 hours about the truth about electric cars, they do even more harm to the environment with their batteries than simple cars.
    There are English subtitles here - OIL and ECOLOGY. Will electric cars save us? https://youtu.be/_HbEl-2n5AQ
Atlas_66
Non-Fungible Trixie -
The Magic of Friendship Grows - For helping others attend the 2020 Community Collab
The Power of Love - Given to a publicly verified artist with an image under their artist’s tag that has reached 1000 upvotes
Artist -

🍞
russia has always exploited it’s people and is basically a third world nation that get’s to act like a super power because some dumb fucks gave them the plans for nukes,
  • Too much Russophobia from you) what is it? Because of the existence of the nuclear weapons, NATO forces cannot bomb Moscow, how did they bomb Belgrade?) oh yes, I can see how pissed you are about that
    Russia is not a weak Yugoslavia for you, which can’t give you anything.
A 10%+ contraction in economic growth, a loss of several million foreign-backed jobs, and mass divestment of over 100 billion dollars in business assets and Putin claims that the Russian economy is “handling sanctions quite well”.
  • Where do you live so you can easily judge Russia? do you only look through your news headlines?) lol, that’s what I mean by “expert analytics”
    You are still sitting right with a smart expert opinion and pretending to know how and what is done in Russia))
    Yes, naturally the economy is declining, economic sanctions are not something good. But it’s better to look at the countries of Europe and the USA, where the economy and inflation are also not that good, they usually like sanctions to return in the form of a boomerang.
Every now and then someone posts something that makes me wish that somehow we lived in a world where the ban and IP histories of this site were publicly available without exposing personal information. Never ever going to do that, obviously, but… seriously… dude.
  • What about bans on IP and personal information? um, do I understand correctly what you want and you have a great desire to reveal my personal data to everyone?? Did you give me such a rude hint?
    Do you want to disclose my data to everyone just because you do not agree with my opinion? you say this seriously as a moderator?
    Or did I not really understand why you wrote this?
    In my ideal world, any moderator who has a certain amount of power, he should be cold-blooded and without emotions, and just keep a close eye on the members of this site.
You’ve still got neo-Nazis in Russia. And some of them like zee poneses and have no clue how to The Proxies.
  • In absolutely every country there are Nazis and closed marginal groups. But the fact is that in some countries neo-Nazis are persecuted by law, they are not allowed to hold any rallies, while other countries allow neo-Nazis to freely hold rallies.
    And in Russia, of course, they still exist, as in other countries)) but this is not about that.
    Now absolutely all such marches are prohibited, they are not given permission, in Russia if they try to hold such marches, it will be like an unauthorized event and they will all be crushed by the police and the National Guard.
    In Ukraine, any neo-Nazi march is calmly welcomed)
Feel free not to trust me in your perfect world of everything is Ukraine’s fault, but … seriously … wew.
  • I don’t think that only Ukraine is to blame for everything here, everyone is to blame, including Russia, I think this war is an unjustified action, on the other hand, Ukraine did not want to comply with the Minsk agreements, it refused to comply with them, and Europe and the United States had huge influence on Ukraine, they could impose on Ukraine to peacefully resolve the conflict in the Donbass.
    What did the US do? no, on the contrary, it supplied MORE weapons to Ukraine, and Ukraine, in turn, used these weapons to shell peaceful cities in Donetsk and Lugansk.
    Absolutely all parties to the conflict are to blame for this conflict, and ordinary civilians suffer here first of all, both in Ukraine and in Donetsk and Luhansk.
By the way, personal sanctions were imposed against me and ordinary Russians, why?
When the United States committed crimes in Iraq, when it was the initiator of the destruction of statehood and the violation of the sovereignty of Yugoslavia. They completely destroyed the statehood of Libya
WHERE ARE THE SANCTIONS AGAINST THE AMERICANS?
Or do you think the Americans are the first class of people - sanctions cannot be imposed against them in any way.
But Russians are second-class and they are generally non-humans, and any sanctions can be imposed against them?
Hmm.. Don’t you think that something is wrong with your government in Europe and the USA? It smacks of some kind of Nazism where people were divided into different grades.
Before you yell “what a bad Putin and Russians” Deal first with your own government.
In fact, now I was pleased with the Chinese who stand up for the Russians, and who actively oppose the introduction of unprecedented sanctions. And the people of Serbia who massively go to rallies with Russian flags and with anti-NATO sentiments.
Ciaran
ラ・ゼッタ - For supporting the site
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Lunar Guardian - Earned a place among the ranks of the most loyal New Lunar Republic soldiers (April Fools 2023).
Crystal Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Tree of Harmony - Drew someone's OC for the 2022 Community Collab
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab

Senior Moderator
友情は魔法だ
@Atlas_66
Is English not your primary language? Or are you just intentionally twisting everything everyone else says to fit your narrative again?
Atlas_66
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -

🍞
@Ciaran
I don’t know English well and I use google translator, ha-ha :D
On account of the distortion of words.. uh, where exactly? I don’t really understand what you’re talking about here. What you said about IP data, I did not understand this monologue of yours at all.
Ereiam
Betrayal! - Betrayed their team for a badge. Shame forever!
Solar Guardian - Refused to surrender in the face of the Lunar rebellion and showed utmost loyalty to the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Fine Arts - Two hundred uploads with a score of over a hundred (Safe/Suggestive)
Perfect Pony Plot Provider - Uploader of 10+ images with 350 upvotes or more (Questionable/Explicit)
Notoriously Divine Tagger - Consistently uploads images above and beyond the minimum tag requirements. And/or additionally, bringing over the original description from the source if the image has one. Does NOT apply to the uploader adding several to a dozen tags after originally uploading with minimum to bare tagging.
Cool Crow - "Caw!" An awesome tagger
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - Organization is important.
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

Monde de merde
@Ereiam
I see virtually nothing inherently wrong with adopting that philosophy (and FYI, if one were to be completely consistent in following what you believe is that of the “centrist” line of thought, they would be saying “perhaps those folks on [insert side of political spectrum, here] may not be quite as bad” for both the right and the left).
That’s the thing (and that’s why I mentioned the Overton window, which tends to frame the right more favorably): they don’t.
We saw it with folks like Sargon, Peterson and the like that they’re more likely to become mouthpieces for alt-right talking points than the other way around.
Not to mention idiots like Atlas_66 above who claim to be centrists and unironically support Putin and his atrocities.
@Atlas_66
By the way, everyone knew what was happening in Donbass since the Russians made their first military play in the region back in 2014 following the annexion of Crimea (we all remember when one of their own artillery batteries shot down an airliner and they tried to pin the blame on Ukraine — and, despite all of their “alternative interpretations of the facts” having been debunked, they still deny to this day any responsibility of their own, because of course).
The Minsk agreements were meant to stop the fighting, but Putin never ceased to trample all over their spirit, if not their letter, by providing the pro-Russian separatist rebellion with arms and “volunteers” and then blaming the subsequent ceasefire violations on Ukraine while maintaining paper-thin deniability for his own involvement.
Eventually, seeing his shadow war was growing stale after nearly eight years while still failing to bear fruit, he decided to throw caution to the wind and go for a full-scale military invasion on the flimsy DARVO pretext of “protecting the civilian population” (lol).
So yeah, don’t pretend there’s a Western media blackout on Donbass when the military of your own country has made it impossible for foreign journalists to do their job there without the risk of getting killed (also, your government — the same one you’re defending out of short-sighted spite — is the one threatening to imprison its own people on treason charges for either speaking against or merely factually reporting about the war, not ours, so don’t come telling us).
Atlas_66
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -

🍞
Not to mention idiots like Atlas_66 above who claim to be centrists and unironically support Putin and his atrocities.
  • Booo.. Putin and his atrocities - it sounded like a yellow newspaper, a loud statement but without specifics x)
    Yes, I certainly support Vladimir Putin, but do you have any problems with that? go and deal with the problems in your own country better than to point out to others some claims.
  • Russian staged a conflict in the Donbass? Are you sure you know everything about the history of this conflict? Well..the inhabitants of Donbass self-identify themselves as Russians, so..if you recognize the self-identification of the inhabitants of Donbass as Russians, then it turns out yes.
    But Western journalists do not objectively cover this event; for them, the topic of Donbass is permissible to be covered ONLY from Ukraine (BBC/CNN)
    By the way, in Ukraine I remember the law was passed that allowed European languages, Ukrainian, but Russian is prohibited.
    And especially when the vast majority in the Crimea and Donbass speaks Russian, do you think it is adequate to pass a law where it prohibits the use of the Russian language in the workflow? and one single language is only allowed - Ukrainian.
    In Russia, for example, everything is not so, in our national republics, document circulation is carried out in 2 languages, in Russian as the main one, and in another language of the people who predominantly live in this region.
    Residents of Donbass, firstly, did not support the bloody revolution in Kyiv, they did not accept the new government, and secondly, they do not like it when Kyiv infringes on their own interests.
    I talked with the residents of Donbass, and I also talked with Brony from there, their family and they themselves hope in the future like Crimea, they want to join Russia.
in 2014 following the annexion of Crimea
  • By the way, not the annexation of Crimea, but a peaceful transition to Russia, in accordance with international law on the right of a nation to self-determination <3
when one of their own artillery batteries shot down an airliner
  • As for the downed Malaysian Boeing, in general, in Malaysia itself they say that in their media that it was the Ukrainian army that shot down this Boeing, I myself will not say anything, just funny information.
    And secondly, why didn’t Ukraine close the sky over Donbass? they had to make it a dangerous no-fly zone. Do you have any questions to the authorities in Kyiv? my dear friend)
    They did not close the sky over the Donbass not because they wanted a loud scandal to blame Russia for this? Well, the Ukrainians could not have committed a provocation, no, no) in no case))
    I do not deny that this people’s militia of Donbass could shoot down this Boeing, confusing it with the enemy. Or is it the Ukrainian authorities who shot down the Boeing, who really cares? Regardless of who shot down this Boeing, the fault lies entirely with Kyiv, because the authorities were obliged to close the sky over the Donbass.
The Minsk agreements were meant to stop the fighting
  • Yes, only Ukraine refused to fulfill this agreement, while the United States did nothing and Europe did not put pressure on Ukraine in any way.
    Because no one cares about the residents of the DNR and LNR
but Putin never ceased to trample all over their spirit, if not their letter, by providing the pro-Russian separatist rebellion with arms and “volunteers” and then blaming the subsequent ceasefire violations on Ukraine while maintaining paper-thin deniability for his own involvement.
  • Yes, supporting the Donbass is bad, but the fact that the residents of Donbass saw the example of Crimea and wanted to do the same is no longer important. Supporting the Donbass so that they can keep the defense is bad, or whether it’s supporting Azov and the Armed Forces of Ukraine that shelled the cities of Donbass)) This is certainly good. Or support the bloody revolution in Kyiv by the United States and directly intervene in the affairs of a foreign country, in your opinion, this is probably democratic and wonderful.
    Even before 2014, Crimea and Donbass were the most rebellious regions in relation to Kyiv, they have always been more pro-Russian and have always considered themselves Russian there, this is their self-determination as residents.
    The conflict did not start in 2014, it has long been brewing in the Donbass, as you say, there were enough “volunteers” in the Donbass itself.
Eventually, seeing his shadow war was growing stale after nearly eight years while still failing to bear fruit,
  • Most likely the conflict in the Donbass has turned into a frozen one, like with Transnistria or South Ossetia, it’s terrible to be in limbo, and I hope the people of Donbass will get their right to join Russia.
    As for the rest of Ukraine, I don’t think that joining them is the right thing to do, because the majority there definitely doesn’t support Russia, given that 8 years have passed and they lived informationally in Ukrainian rhetoric
So yeah, don’t pretend there’s a Western media blackout on Donbass when the military of your own country has made it impossible for foreign journalists to do their job
(also, your government — the same one you’re defending out of short-sighted spite — is the one threatening to imprison its own people on treason charges for either speaking against or merely factually reporting about the war, not ours, so don’t come telling us).
  • Well, wartime censorship, a strange claim to hear from an American, or a European, I don’t know where you are from) but it doesn’t matter, because your country also has censorship, and pro-Russian media is absolutely not allowed.
    In Ukraine, you will go to jail if you cover events from the pro-Russian side.
    In Latvia, criminal liability shines if you support Russia.
    It is strange that these claims that there is censorship apply exclusively to Russia, hmm.
  • News: Kirill Fedorov, the author of one of the main Russian-language YouTube channels on military topics, “History of Weapons”, was arrested in Riga.
    The European authorities want to accuse him of treason because of the pro-Russian orientation of his videos.
    Fedorov’s channel has become one of the main patriotic amateur sites in the video hosting service in recent weeks. Fedorov analyzed the fighting and did not hide his pro-Russian views.
  • By the way, Ukraine accuses any ordinary residents of treason who ended up in the occupied territory and accept humanitarian aid and somehow cooperate with Russia.
    That is, if Russian troops leave these territories, then new repressions and imprisonments will begin from the Ukrainian military on the basis of “treason” or “collaborationists”
    But all claims are directed exclusively at Russia, you know what’s the matter, I’m against unfounded accusations)
The Smiling Pony
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Solar Hero - Went above and beyond for the Solar Deity, drawing from the power of the sun itself to bring balance to the fight against the Lunar Insurrection (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Tree of Harmony - Drew someone's OC for the 2022 Community Collab
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab

( ͠° ͟ʖ ͡° )
@Atlas_66
That’s a lot of words just to say “yes, I support razing entire cities to ruble and the mass murder and rape of random civilians”. Also,
Patrick Lancaster, totally independent & crowdfunded video & photo journalist
In actual news, Russia is now fielding T-62s. I guess they figured they’re about as effective as T-90s and T-72Bs and a much cheaper loss when they inevitably get blown up.
Background Pony #3822
Three months into Vladimir Putin’s bloody “special operation” in Ukraine, his own men in the Kremlin are reportedly discussing who will replace him.
That’s according to new reporting by the independent news outlet Meduza, which cited several sources close to the Russian presidential administration who said officials are increasingly fed up with Putin personally.
Some of Putin’s own allies within the Kremlin walls have reportedly floated the idea of Moscow Mayor Sergei Sobyanin becoming his successor, or former President Dmitry Medvedev, who is now the deputy chairman of the Security Council. Sergei Kirienko, the first deputy chief of staff of the presidential administration, was also said to have been discussed as a contender.
“It’s not about them wanting to prepare a plot and overthrow Putin right now. But there is an understanding, or a desire, that in the fairly foreseeable future he will not run the country,” one source was quoted saying.
“There are probably almost no [members of the elite] who are satisfied with Putin. [The business community] and many members of the government are unhappy that the president started the war without thinking about the scale of sanctions—it’s impossible to live with such sanctions,” another source close to the Kremlin told Meduza.
“The problems [in Russia due to the war] are already evident, and in the middle of the summer they will just come pouring down from all directions: transportation, medicine, even agriculture. Nobody thought about such a scale [of impacts],” another source said.
The discontent is said to be shared among both those close to Putin who want the war to continue, and those who would rather seek a way out.
But, according to Meduza, Putin himself is still willfully blind, insisting that the country’s growing economic problems have nothing to do with the war. And even those officials who have been discussing potential successors in private know the only way for Putin’s departure is if his health—which has been at the center of rampant rumors about terminal illness in recent months—takes a major turn for the worse. (Ukraine’s Defense Intelligence chief on Tuesday reiterated claims that Putin is suffering from cancer in addition to other “serious illnesses,” but he said there’s no hope “Putin will die tomorrow.”) As one source told Meduza, that is why “people are sputtering but they continue to work and put the country on a war footing.”
Nikolai Patrushev, the secretary of Russia’s Security Council, signaled on Tuesday that Moscow is fully prepared for its war in Ukraine to drag on.
“We are not chasing deadlines,” he said in an interview with the Russian newspaper Arguments and Facts. “All the goals set by the president of Russia will be fulfilled. There is no other way, since the truth, including historical truth, is on our side,” he said.
Even the high-profile resignation of a top Russian diplomat who decried the Kremlin’s “warmongering” this week has done nothing to sway Moscow from its bloody war in Ukraine.
Kremlin spokesman Dmitry Peskov on Tuesday largely shrugged off the departure of Boris Bondarev, the counselor for the Russian mission to the United Nations in Geneva.
In comments to the Interfax news agency, Peskov said Bondarev’s resignation means he is “against us.”
“He condemns the actions of the Russian leadership, and the actions of the Russian leadership are supported by almost the entire population of our country,” Peskov said.
Ukrainian president Zelensky urged once again for a meeting with Russian president Putin to end war in Ukraine. ‘There is only one issue on the stable: stopping the war’, he said addressing the audience in Davos.
Zincy
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Wallet After Summer Sale -

In Vino Veritas
The US economy is on fire and has experienced a rate of unprecedented growth. The inflation metrics here are driven by rising demand that is unable to be supported due to current problems with the supply chain. We recently had a market correction that briefly touched into a bear market (at least for the S&P), but was just that, a correction.
Your economy is in a contraction, way different. Our growth rate will resume, and so far the major declines have been reserved for the equities and futures markets. Growth indicators are still green (jobs are being added, spending hasn’t dropped despite some demand destruction, theres still lots of openings) and the bond market is low, meaning while a recession may occur its not here. Your economy will have negative growth for the next few quarters, upwards to -12%, not to mention huge job losses from divestments. Moscow alone is slated to lose around 200k jobs, which is about 1/3rd of the foreign ran jobs in the city. And I hate to say it lad, your country doesn’t have that much to offer on the world stage other than oil and some metals, so even counter sanctions or knockdown effects won’t have that much of an impact on broader markets.
Incidentally, I’m not some rando news hound. I’m an organizational researcher. And while my specialization is more geared toward microeconomics, I’m not ignorant to the macro world. I know how to properly evaluate the market data coming out of your rapidly closing economy.
Background Pony #6B50
@Zincy
I don’t agree with you that the inflation is primarily a supply side issue. I agree with Larry Summers in that it is more a demand side issue right now, and the growth is a point of concern going forward.
Zincy
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -

In Vino Veritas
Sufficient demand destruction should take care of that.
Unless the market has become so detached from the fundamentals. Which I fear the housing market has. That level of overpriceing is insane.
Background Pony #6B50
@Zincy
I’m not as confident about that, but I hope so. Otherwise I would expect a (hopefully small) recession.
In my region the housing is, sadly, not detached. The demand is genuine but the supply just isn’t there.
YourPalContrail
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).

high altitude cloud pone
Probably won’t gain a lot of interest here but I’m a pilot in training so this interests me so yall will have to listen lol.
lawmakers recently approved an increase of flight hours required for ATP (1,500 hours an increase from 250 hours) amid a pilot shortage along with an increasein demand for flights.
This will not only negatively effect people like me who are paying through the nose to get into the field but also affects passengers trying to take vacations without cancelation or delays. The only benefactor I can see in this is legacy pilots who are already hired by large air carriers because due to the increase in demand they stand to see an increase in wages.
Zincy
Non-Fungible Trixie -

In Vino Veritas
In more “every accusation is an admission” news, 5 candidates for governor in Michigan face being taken out of the race for not having enough signatures, with two candidates in particular having allegedly submitted nearly 10k fraudulent sigs for one and the other 6k.
Guess which party they belong to.
ᎶㄖҜㄩ 乃ㄥ卂匚Ҝ
One-Star Dragon Ball - For supporting the site
Happy Derpy! - For site supporters
Bronze Supporter - Bronze Supporter
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
A Tale For The Ages - Celebrated MLP's 35th Anniversary and FiM's 8th Anniversary
Artist -

Zamasu
@YourPalContrail
Yes, it always seems to be the already-established trying to keep the new guys out. And this isn’t just limited to piloting. John Stossel and/or Reason.com has done some videos on excessive training and licensure for things like cosmetology (among other fields of work)…and I agree with them that they shouldn’t require X amount of hours of training and tuition for simply braiding one’s hair for money.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
KilianKuro Commissions!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide