Don't blame me, I voted for the other guy. (Politics General)

YourPalContrail
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Wallet After Summer Sale -

high altitude cloud pone
heres a PDF file the stuff I was quoting is from chapter 1 in the book
What Is Critical Race Theory?
The critical race theory (CRT) movement is a collection of activists and scholars interested in studying and transforming the relationship among race, racism, and power. The movement considers many of the same issues that conventional civil rights and ethnic studies discourses take up, but places them in a broader perspective that includes economics, history, context, group- and self-interest, and even feelings and the unconscious. Unlike traditional civil rights, which embraces incrementalism and step-by-step progress, critical race theory questions the very foundations of the liberal order, including equality theory, legal reasoning, Enlightenment rationalism, and neutral principles of constitutional law.
Dustcan
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Condensed Milk - State-Approved Compensation

Dogs
Gas prices are absurd right now. So the Democrats proposed a legislation that would combat it.
So basically Republicans just want every Americans to suffer.
“The cruelty is the point” does account for 90% of any GQP motivation. But in this case it’s also because Republicans have recently given up on having any platform; they need gas prices to be obscene so they can run on promises lies that they can fix it.
Mikey
Sky Spark - For Patreon supporters
Pone of Astronomy - For Patreon supporters
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Verified Pegasus - Show us your gorgeous wings!
Artist -

Pone of Astronomy
@MethidMan
Well, I don’t really watch news in general, nothing like Joe Rogan or Steven Crowder because they’re idiots.
The most I’ve actually watched is Seth Meyers. I get news from discord servers.
Background Pony #0E9C
You are overall correct. As Contrail and Doloresbridge will point out to you, below, they have valid evidence to back up your suspicion that what you’re insinuating is reality:
heres a PDF file the stuff I was quoting is from chapter 1 in the book
What Is Critical Race Theory?
The critical race theory (CRT) movement is a collection of activists and scholars interested in studying and transforming the relationship among race, racism, and power. The movement considers many of the same issues that conventional civil rights and ethnic studies discourses take up, but places them in a broader perspective that includes economics, history, context, group- and self-interest, and even feelings and the unconscious. Unlike traditional civil rights, which embraces incrementalism and step-by-step progress, critical race theory questions the very foundations of the liberal order, including equality theory, legal reasoning, Enlightenment rationalism, and neutral principles of constitutional law.
@Ciaran  
I didn’t bother to read the debate that got you to ask these questions (I’m too busy on Afghanistan stuff), but I will offer a definition of CRT and my opposition to such.

Critical race theory, at it’s earliest form and narrowest definition, a legal framework/movement born out of frustrations of a preconceived lack of progress post civil rights era of the 1960s that coalesced around several lawyers and civil rights activist in the late 1960s to 1970s. You will see it defined differently but the basic idea is that racism is more subtle, insidious and embedded in the very framework of legal codes and culture within our society over simply attitudes that need to be adjusted. This is where race as a social construct (and other social constructs usually based hidden bias from cultural practices and language) comes into play.

In order to keep this relatively short, I will just use this poster to show why I oppose all of this  
full  
There is a lot of issues one could have with this, namely, linking stuff like rational thinking and strong work ethics explicitly white values and values that themselves need to be rejected. Why was it posted to the National Museum of African American history and culture? They were ridiculed for it and hastily took it down, but it what world would something that could be taken with minimal editing as white supremacist propaganda be posted there? Because that is the world of of being pushed out of our elite institutions increasingly now. If these ideas are all taken to heart, liberal democracy wouldn’t survive.

I, honestly, probably don’t have a problem with all the analysis or observations being made by critical race theory or related/sub-concepts like intersectionality but I have has seen, time and time again, these ideas be introduced and often just destroy and break the foundation of anything they touch, be it a more Derrick Bell pure form or Robin DiAngelo neurotic upper class white edition that I will never use their tools at all to attempt to fix anything or support their use. I only support the basic right to merely existence in a free and hopefully liberal/libertarian (though ideally with some conservative elements) society.
So now the official line is we didn’t see this coming at all at this level Not even just the intelligence leaks, look at the initial talking points.  
full  
The administration knew there was a distinct possibility that Kabul would fall to the Taliban
It was not an inevitability. It was a possibility

The administration planned for every possibility. We had contingency plans in place for any eventuality–including the quick fall of Kabul. That’s why we had troops pre-positioned in the region to deploy as they have done.

This is not looking good and this situation could easily have some bloodshed whether we like it or not.

It’s all shocking to see  
U.S. government-provided flights are departing. U.S. citizens, LPRs, and their spouses and unmarried children (under age 21) should consider travelling to Hamid Karzai International Airport. You should plan to enter the airport at Camp Sullivan. From the HKIA Airport South Traffic Circle, head east for 1km and turn right on to Camp Sullivan. Please note that gates may change frequently and that we will provide updates as necessary.
THE UNITED STATES GOVERNMENT CANNOT ENSURE SAFE PASSAGE TO THE HAMID KARZAI INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT.
For updates, follow us on Facebook and Twitter.  Please check your spam folder for messages. 
 For emergencies, call 1-888-407-4747 (U.S. Canada) or +1-202-501-4444 (overseas) or KabulACS@state.gov. 

This really is a fiasco. I understand the military is holding back to not start clashing with the Taliban but it is really a failure that we didn’t secure more then just the airport for a evacuation like this.
Hope this gives you and others some much-needed insight into legitimate concerns that some people, like myself, actually have about CRT as it is taught.
@Penguin Dragneel
Instead of just blindly regurgitating stale talking points being pushed forward by the official academic spokespeople of CRT in their attempts to defend the theory, actually try looking at validated sources like what Doloresbridge has pointed out about it and what @YourPalContrail just linked to, above, that actually lays out the problems in how it’s being taught, wherever it’s being taught, before concluding your stance on the subject matter, first.
Kiryu-Chan
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition

World's Okayest User
@MethidMan
The most I’ve actually watched is Seth Meyers. I get news from discord servers.
Honestly while Seth Meyer is one of the better ones out there, if you’re gonna watch one of those late night talk shows /comedy news shows, your best bet is Last Week Tonight, if only because John Oliver is the only one who isn’t still talking about Trump every chance he gets. For reals, he’s probably only brought him up twice, maybe 3 times ever since Biden was sworn in, and only one of those was his main segments
Kiryu-Chan
Non-Fungible Trixie -
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition

World's Okayest User
@Background Pony #0E9C
Oh hi it’s you again
first off, what I wrote was almost for batum off of Wikipedia. In fact just googling “What is Critical Race Theory will net you the same results from multiple sources
Sorry I didn’t look into a book I never heard about or look back into a 9 month old post, but all of these say the exact same thing, most of which actually study these topics and are actually part of the curriculum. It’s called doing research, try it some time
YourPalContrail

high altitude cloud pone
Understandable. For me its my liberal principles that make me so averse. However, you would probably want to read this article by Derrick Bell (another pdf sorry) it talks how white people only allow black Civil rights when it serves themselves. Specifically Brown v. board and how it was only fears of communism that made the courts rule in favor of civil rights. It’s totally cheapens the struggle and sacrifice made by the civil rights movement
Background Pony #EC7E
I highly disagree with the notion that white people are inherently racist and oppressors.
So does CRT. One of the big tenets of the theory is that race is a social construct, and you can’t be inherently predisposed against something that is the product of the systems and institutions that you grew up in.
neutralgrey
Solar Guardian - Refused to surrender in the face of the Lunar rebellion and showed utmost loyalty to the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Silver Bit -

@YourPalContrail
Sorry for the delayed reply, forgot I posted. Anyway!!!
In the event of a tyrannical US takeover…I mean it depends on what kind of Tyranny. The most likely would be a sort of fascist tyranny with flavors of a Christian theocracy. In that event, even if there was no rebellion, a fascist US would crumble and burn with a few decades. Fascists absolutely suck at managing a state for a myriad of reasons. Check out UR Fascism to see what I mean, basically Fascism is one big case of “My feelings don’t care about these facts” but on a governmental level.
The only way a rebellion would work is if elements of the military defect and a civil war breaks out, with the rebels receiving international support. The degrees to which would vary depending on the nuclear threat, which…given that their opponent is fascist and thus not very sane, the support would be subtle.
But ignoring all that, let’s just assume it’s a vanilla tyranny. If the people and not the military rise up, they will be labeled as terrorists. These terrorists won’t have to worry about the military though, because the FBI and all the other alphabet agencies in this country will be systematically hunting them down. The FBI has tabs on all of these insane far right militias in case they try anything, and if they’re crazy enough to try it the FBI swoops in to arrest them all before they even have a chance to carry out their plan
Ebalosus
Silver Bit -
Sapphire -
Happy Derpy! -
Bronze Supporter -
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

Build commie blocks!
Glad someone else beat me to the dubya punch. I would at least respect what he said if he added at the end “takes one to know one!” I mean, it wouldn’t forgive all the ghoulish things his regime did both at home and abroad, but at least he’d be taking the piss out of the liberal shitheads who have wholesale rehabilitated both him and his administration.
Dustcan
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Dogs
New York is now opening a probe into Twitch, Discord and 4chan in light of the Buffalo shooter’s radicalization from them. Well, from 4chan at least.
I doubt anything will come from but GG channers, as always you’re why we can’t have nice things.
YourPalContrail

high altitude cloud pone
I think we are starting to get away from ground rights but just I’m gonna continue on this path just because it’s interesting to think about. I agree the state would 100% consider the belligerence in a hypothetical tyrannical US as terrorists, which is whybthere would have to be broad internal distain for the government. Plus you are correct that outside support is nessary in most cases, and there is plenty of examples. From the houthis, to the IRA, to even us receiving support from France in our own revolution.
to clarify I’m not in support of the first 2 groups, I picked them due to their various levels of success.
MethidMan
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Artist -

@Background Pony #0E9C
I highly disagree with the notion that white people are inherently racist and oppressors. I’m not responsible for what my ancestors did 200 years ago.
You might wanna watch this then. A Michigan state senator gave a pretty badass speech in response to a colleague’s right wing fundraising efforts, which had asserted that she was trying to groom children when she voiced support for civil rights.
I am a straight, white, Christian, married, suburban mom who knows that the very notion that learning about slavery or redlining or systemic racism means that children are being taught to feel bad or hate themselves because they are white is absolute nonsense.
No child alive today is responsible for slavery. No one is this room is responsible for slavery. But each and every single one of us bears responsibility for writing the next chapter of history. We decide what happens next, and how we respond to history and the world around us.
We are not responsible for the past. We also cannot change the past. We can’t pretend that it didn’t happen, or deny people their very right to exist.
Dustcan
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Dogs
The House passed 2 separate bills that would combat the baby formula shortage.
The first one only barely passed with only 14 Republicans voting in favor of it.
The second overwhelmingly passed with only 9 Republicans voting against it. Of course Qaren, PizzaGaetz and Norbert were among these 9.
Zincy
Non-Fungible Trixie -
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

In Vino Veritas
Republicans “love” our troops.
Which is why the stymied efforts to pass legislation to address and support vets who were exposed to toxic burn pits in Iraq and Afghanistan. And why Trump’s former VA chief tried to sweep the whole issue under the rug by removing mention of it in federal mandates.
Bunches of Republicans voted against the bill that just finally passed as well.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
My Little Ties crafts shop

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide