Don't blame me, I voted for the other guy. (Politics General)

IWTCIEM
Duck - 100+ images under their artist tag

@Wiimeiser
From Wikipedia:
“The United States has had the most mass shootings of any country. In one 2017 study published in Time magazine by criminologist Adam Lankford, it was estimated that 31% of public mass shootings occur in the US, although it has only 5% of the world’s population. The study concludes that ‘The United States and other nations with high firearm ownership rates may be particularly susceptible to future public mass shootings, even if they are relatively peaceful or mentally healthy according to other national indicators.’
Despite the fact that the global COVID-19 pandemic reduced public gatherings from March 2020 onward, the amount of mass shootings increased significantly over that period. It ‘even doubled in July 2020 compared to a year earlier.’”
ᎶㄖҜㄩ 乃ㄥ卂匚Ҝ
One-Star Dragon Ball - For supporting the site
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Happy Derpy! - For site supporters
Bronze Supporter - Bronze Supporter
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Dream Come True! - Participated in the MLP 9th Anniversary Event
Wallet After Summer Sale -
A Tale For The Ages - Celebrated MLP's 35th Anniversary and FiM's 8th Anniversary
Artist -

Zamasu
It’s worth noting that a “mass shooting” is defined as a shooting where there are four or more casualties, according to the FBI. In other words, it doesn’t take much for a shooting to become a mass shooting.
YourPalContrail
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).

high altitude cloud pone
that’s actually correct. The vast majority of mass shootings are performed with handguns as well. there where 38,000 gun deaths in 2016, 2/3 of which where suicides. There are 5x more deaths by knives than by rifles. and nearly all mass public shootings occurred in gun free zones.
The Smiling Pony
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Solar Hero - Went above and beyond for the Solar Deity, drawing from the power of the sun itself to bring balance to the fight against the Lunar Insurrection (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Tree of Harmony - Drew someone's OC for the 2022 Community Collab

( ͠° ͟ʖ ͡° )
@YourPalContrail
I know you’re trying to make that sound like “guns aren’t that big of a problem!”, but it honestly just highlights how absolutely fucked up the US is with all its violence and murder, its desperation and barbarism, its lack of value for life or mental health.
Oooh, nice edit to mention the “gun free zones”*! Totally not the usual conservative talking point, straight out of Tucker’s handy handbook for how to own the libs.
*gun free zones, aka “we don’t sell guns on the street corner here without ID, but you can still bring any you bought elsewhere around because fantasy magic shields don’t exist. PLEASE IGNORE THE ENTIRE EXISTENCE OF EUROPE AND AUSTRALIA.”
Zincy
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

In Vino Veritas
A “gun free zone” is not a magic solution, just a regulation. It keeps the number of firearms in the vicinity down because, for the most part, people will abide by the law. Not everyone will, but that’s true of any law and regulation. I’ve always hated the logic of “shootings happen in gun free zones so we shouldn’t have gun free zones”. Drunk drivers happen, should we get rid of impaired driving laws?
It’s a deterrent that can stop crimes of sudden passion. Will it stop a determined mass shooter? No. But will it stop two men from shooting each other if they get into an argument and don’t have their guns? Most likely.
Question, do you believe that guns should be allowed in schools? A school is, by definition, a “gun free zone”.
Ereiam
Betrayal! - Betrayed their team for a badge. Shame forever!
Solar Guardian - Refused to surrender in the face of the Lunar rebellion and showed utmost loyalty to the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Fine Arts - Two hundred uploads with a score of over a hundred (Safe/Suggestive)
Perfect Pony Plot Provider - Uploader of 10+ images with 350 upvotes or more (Questionable/Explicit)
Notoriously Divine Tagger - Consistently uploads images above and beyond the minimum tag requirements. And/or additionally, bringing over the original description from the source if the image has one. Does NOT apply to the uploader adding several to a dozen tags after originally uploading with minimum to bare tagging.
Cool Crow - "Caw!" An awesome tagger
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - Organization is important.

Monde de merde
@Goku Black
It’s still an unsettling thought for us Europeans that so many US denizens have the means to bring harm to several people before they can be subdued, to the point it is that regular an occurence.
I ain’t saying that things like that never happen in Europe, but certainly not to such a scale.
@YourPalContrail
And gun discipline. Pro-guns people who like to point out how many Swiss citizens are gun owners conveniently forget that military service is still compulsory over there and, as such, they’ve been extensively drilled on gun safety protocols (not to mention their longstanding tradition of hunting and sport shooting).
As such, Switzerland has around 200 gun-related deaths a year, with homicides accounting for less than 10% of that number (something in the order of 1 per million inhabitants, which is 50 times less a rate than the US).
YourPalContrail

high altitude cloud pone
@Ereiam
I had that one up my sleeve but yes. gun ownership in the United States is a right and I personally think training is an acceptable prerequisite especially for CCW.
The Smiling Pony
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Solar Hero - Went above and beyond for the Solar Deity, drawing from the power of the sun itself to bring balance to the fight against the Lunar Insurrection (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Tree of Harmony - Drew someone's OC for the 2022 Community Collab

( ͠° ͟ʖ ͡° )
@Ereiam
I had that one up my sleeve but yes. gun ownership in the United States is a right and I personally think training is an acceptable prerequisite especially for CCW.
I personally think training is an acceptable prerequisite especially for CCW.
That would be strongly implied by the “A well regulated Militia” part of the 2nd amendment, but even mentioning that part will flag you as a dirty commie gun-grabber.
Latecomer

@YourPalContrail
Frankly, I find the very sense of entitlement baked into the concept to be part of the problem - such that my desire to see the Second Amendment utterly and forever destroyed would only somewhat lessen if I was presented with convincing proof that guns somehow made America a safer place.
Ereiam
Solar Guardian - Refused to surrender in the face of the Lunar rebellion and showed utmost loyalty to the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Fine Arts - Two hundred uploads with a score of over a hundred (Safe/Suggestive)
Perfect Pony Plot Provider - Uploader of 10+ images with 350 upvotes or more (Questionable/Explicit)
Notoriously Divine Tagger - Consistently uploads images above and beyond the minimum tag requirements. And/or additionally, bringing over the original description from the source if the image has one. Does NOT apply to the uploader adding several to a dozen tags after originally uploading with minimum to bare tagging.

Monde de merde
@Meanlucario
True. Another pro-gun argument is the whataboutism about cars, because deaths in traffic accidents happen. Yet you can’t operate a car without getting a driving license (and you have to demonstrate that you know how to drive safely for that), so why should people be allowed to handle a gun without being licensed to do so as well?
Seiken
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -

@Goku Black
It’s still an unsettling thought for us Europeans…
It’s also very cultural issue. We aren’t generally brought up in a manner that vilifies everyone else, we aren’t sold the idea that if we don’t have a gun, some guy will break in and murder our family. Or even in a less extreme sense that we are in a constant battle against everyone else academically or work wise.
Ereiam

Monde de merde
@Vivace
Doesn’t surprise me, given how libertarians seem to have a very “we want freedom from responsibility and consequences too” attitude.
YourPalContrail

high altitude cloud pone
I think it’s more rhetorical laziness. kinda like those idiots who label anything right of center as fascists. I’m sure there are some true believers but I think the majority want to score points as cheaply as possible.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
My Little Ties crafts shop

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide