Don't blame me, I voted for the other guy. (Politics General)

Background Pony #12FD
7 mins ago (02:00 GMT)
Radiation level unchanged at Zaporizhzhia power plant
Background radiation levels remain unchanged at the Zaporizhzhia nuclear power plant where a fire has broken out following an attack by Russian military, the RIA news agency cited a plant spokesman as saying.
Separately, the UN’s nuclear watchdog said Ukraine’s regulator reported “no change” in radiation levels at the plant site.
Background Pony #12FD
7 mins ago (02:00 GMT)
Radiation level unchanged at Zaporizhzhia power plant
Background radiation levels remain unchanged at the Zaporizhzhia nuclear power plant where a fire has broken out following an attack by Russian military, the RIA news agency cited a plant spokesman as saying.
Separately, the UN’s nuclear watchdog said Ukraine’s regulator reported “no change” in radiation levels at the plant site.
12 seconds ago (02:17 GMT)
Situation at Ukrainian nuclear plant ‘secured’, authorities say
Ukrainian authorities have said the safety of the Zaporizhzhia nuclear power plant was now secured, after a fire broke out when the station came under fire from Russian forces.
“The director of the plant said that the nuclear safety is now guaranteed. According to those responsible for the plant, a training building and a laboratory were affected by the fire,” Oleksandr Starukh, head of the military administration of the Zaporizhzhia region, said on Facebook.
Dustcan
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Condensed Milk - State-Approved Compensation

Dogs
The House of Representatives had a vote on extending health benefits to veterans. Specifically veterans suffering from exposure to toxins “burn pits” in the Middle East.
It passed 256-174, on almost complete party lines as every Dem voted in favor as with the exception of 34 Reps every GQP member of the House voted against it. Almost 200 members of the “Respect the Troops” and “Party of Patriotism” just told our soldiers to die slow and painful deaths.
Of particular note is Lauren Boebert was one of the nays. A day or so after she was whooping and hollering like a drunk while Biden talked about his son dying from exposure to toxic burn pits, she voted against supporting soldiers dying from exposure to toxic burn pits.
CaptainXtra
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).

STOP KOSA!
So, how does this current Russian invasion of Ukraine compare to America’s 2001 invasion of Afghanistan?
Dusty and Zincy, go big brain analyst on me.
Part of the reason I ask this is because I’m seeing the following argument every now and then from both left leaning folks and surprisingly a few right leaning folks:
IF YOU SUPPORTED THE US DURING AFGHANISTAN, YOU HAVE NO RIGHT TO DAMN RUSSIA FOR WHAT THEY’RE DOING IN UKRAINE.
I feel like there’s a fuck-ton of flaws in their statement but I get that general “You can’t support good imperialism without acknowledging that bad imperialism exists” or some shit like that.
tehwatever
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends.

Twitter community guideline ban bot is weird.
Reigning political party tweets a racist totally hate speech image? I sleep
Somebody uses said image to say “Yo, this shit aint right wtf?” Real Shit? And gets banned for Hate Speech.
Breh what the fuck.
Dustcan
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Condensed Milk - State-Approved Compensation

Dogs
I’ve already mentioned how Afghanistan and Ukraine are apples and oranges, and someone more erudite can go in more detail how.
But another thing worth mentioning is that Aghanistan was 20 years ago. And if you’re talking to an American, something that hit them close to home. A lot can change in opinion with 2 decades of hindsight and separation of personal experience.
tehwatever
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends.

Better yet, maybe hire mujahideen warriors who are twiddling their thumbs itching to kill infidels and sic them at the russians so you can point at them both (russians and mujahideen) and say “see, this is why we dont want them around.”
Background Pony #1F81
These are also probably the same people who unironically think that North Korea is a better place to live then America.
Online/Twitter Leftists really don’t make things easier for the normal leftists (Again as i sad before, i see myself as left-leaning but DAMN our side makes some really stupid takes)
@Dustcan
the “respect the troops” party only cares about the troops when they want them to go out and kill brown people, then just throw them away like a broken toy once they come back.
@tehwatever
Twitter’s mod team is garbage.
I’ve reported a ton of outright racist and offensive stuff there and yet the posts/accounts still stay up
“We reviewed your report and have found the followings posts to contain offensive content”
“Great! So you are gonna delete them now?”
“Nope”
Atlas_66
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Verified Pegasus - Show us your gorgeous wings!
The Magic of Friendship Grows - For helping others attend the 2020 Community Collab
Dream Come True! - Participated in the MLP 9th Anniversary Event
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag
The Power of Love - Given to a publicly verified artist with an image under their artist’s tag that has reached 1000 upvotes
Artist -

🍞
Hello everypone, I’m not going to argue or get into heated discussions here, I have other more important things to do.
But, I would like to ask you a question, what do you think about this?
There are state-supported NeoNazi organizations in Ukraine, read about the “Azov Battalion”, or “Right Sector”
https://i.imgur.com/epdzCVD.jpg
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Azov_Battalion
And also the Stepana Bandera (Nazi collaborator) birthday parade, of all the countries only Israel condemned Ukraine.
But that’s not an excuse to invade Ukraine, I mean, I wouldn’t say it should be a reason, because economically Russia will suffer for years to come.
It is the ordinary peaceful Ukrainians as well as the Russians who suffer first and foremost.
Atlas_66
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Verified Pegasus - Show us your gorgeous wings!
The Magic of Friendship Grows - For helping others attend the 2020 Community Collab
Dream Come True! - Participated in the MLP 9th Anniversary Event
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag
The Power of Love - Given to a publicly verified artist with an image under their artist’s tag that has reached 1000 upvotes
Artist -

🍞
@The Smiling Pony
We are not talking about a power plant right now, so please don’t change the subject.
Hmm, residential buildings being shelled by missiles? Well, there are a lot of fakes on the net now, it is necessary to analyze each situation, sorry)) but you should not make Ukraine look like a holy and white proushy country)
But what I saw for sure was that a Ukrainian missile wanted to shoot down a Russian missile that was flying past the city, and the Ukrainian air defense missile missed and hit a residential building.
Another case I know, when the Ukrainian military installed artillery for planes right in residential areas (using civilians as human shields) But all this propaganda media in the U.S. will blame only Russia.
And also the Ukrainian authorities released prisoners from prisons and gave them all weapons, and in general everyone without a passport was given weapons, it is clear that not everyone will fight, and this will turn out to be a problem for ordinary Ukrainians.
But they will not blame the mediocre Ukrainian government, they will all blame Russia.
neutralgrey
Solar Guardian - Refused to surrender in the face of the Lunar rebellion and showed utmost loyalty to the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Silver Bit -

@Atlas_66
The Az Battalion is cringe.
Now that that’s out of the way. What are your thoughts on the Chechens that Russia deployed? You know, the guys who are Islamic extremists who torture LGBT people? Who got fucking owned by the Ukrainian military cause the Russian army fucking sucks and is being led by idiots?
Also, I know you’re not here to argue. You wouldn’t win it! XD
And by more important things to do, you mean tune in to the latest Kremlin approved propaganda right?
I know I’m being hostile. But goddamnit man, don’t come in here with your concern trolling.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Techy Cutie Pony Collection!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide