Don't blame me, I voted for the other guy. (Politics General)

Dustcan
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Condensed Milk - State-Approved Compensation

Dogs
Relatedly, Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudaue has tested positive for Covid.
Great timing with those ‘Fuck you Trudeau’, ‘Covid is a hoax!’, ‘Freedom! for Nazis’ trucker protests.
Dustcan
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Dogs
Nah, I know exactly why the Confederate flag keeps showing up alongside other white supremacists.
Just, uh, not used to seeing it outside US borders. Always thought it was a real white-hoods-off moment when it shows up in Union states, but really screaming the quiet part when it’s being waved in different countries.
Zincy
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

In Vino Veritas
Said by a man who looks like a burnt strawberry danish came to life and started slinging racial slurs.
Seriously, his face looks like a background alien from Dr. Who, the fuck does he know about wooing women?
Dustcan
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Dogs
I’m shocked. It’s shocking that the woman blocking her party’s agenda, and who blows off meetings with the president to have strategy meetings with McTurtle (true story), is a Republican darling. The woman who turned her back on all values and campaign promises once she started getting that sweet lobby money is financially beholden to more lobby money.
It’s shocking.
Background Pony #D934
@NitroFury
Yeah, it was pretty bad. I get that the news media is going to use tricks to make people look bad if they don’t support them, but damn the mods really picked an awful person to be interviewed.
Dustcan
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Dogs
The entire subreddit warned it was an obvious trap and should decline the interview altogether.
To say the mod took the bait was an understatement. You could see the twinkle in Jesse Watters eye as the mod would repeatedly slam his head on the chopping block for easy counters.
Background Pony #D934
@Dustcan
It’s stupid, the mods should have realized they were going into an environment that will be hostile to their views and either pick someone who is really qualified or don’t do it. Instead they put out a mod who works 20 hours a week dog walking and isn’t a good speaker. Sometimes the not good public speaker part can work if your going for a “everyman” kind of appeal, but that backfires when your audience works double the amount of hours a week.
It would be like if some pro-gun rights group sent Bubba the toothless redneck onto MSNBC.
Background Pony #1F81
Apparently the subreddit has now gone private becuase of how badly the mod botched up the interview, and becuase after the interview the subreddit suddenly exploded into transphobia and insults (the mod is nonbinary apparently)
And there is also supposedly posts going around of the mod in question admitting to using their sleeping roommates hand to “pleasure” themselves, which is classed as sexual harassment/assault
i think it’s safe to say that all this is a giant kick in the balls for the anti-work movement, and is probably gonna result in less people taking the movement seriously
Background Pony #988B
@Background Pony #D934
The users of the subreddit were asking the moderators from the beginning not to attend the interview, but, by all accounts, the mods were power-tripping - the interviewed one, especially - and went ahead anyway. Following the interview and the ensuing backlash, the mod(s) proceeded to ban users en masse and then shut down the subreddit.
The subreddit was reopened a day later, but the damage was done. Not just by the interview itself, but also by showing the users the kind of despots that rule them. Fox News placed down the bait, and the mods swallowed it with gusto.
@NitroFury
I heard about it. As a result, he’s now an ex-mod, if I’m not mistaken.
Apparently, a newly appointed mod whose account was less than a day old was suspected of being him after simply creating a new user account. But I didn’t follow on that.
Dustcan
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Dogs
Republican = Elephant
Democrat = Donkey
If I was smarter I would have a mnemonic to remember it better.
Ted Cruz, the man married to a dog wife and son of JFK’s killer, says that Biden’s suggestion that he would nominate a black woman to the SCOTUS is “offensive”.
The first thing that came to my mind in response to his claim was a “No, U!” like this.
I’m okay with that.
CaptainXtra

STOP KOSA!
@Zincy
Puritans here in the states are moving their feet too:
”…this rebooted EARN IT act is being sold as a ‘child protection’ bill, in order to pressure lawmakers to vote for it without critical evaluation. In reality, the bill will intensify the harms caused by [SESTA/FOSTA], disproportionately impact LGBTQ individuals and target sexual education materials.”
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Champions of Equestria

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide