Don't blame me, I voted for the other guy. (Politics General)

Background Pony #5A3A
Tucker: “M&Ms will not be satisfied until every last cartoon character is deeply unappealing and totally androgynous. Until the moment you wouldn’t want to have a drink with any one of them. That’s the goal. When you’re totally turned off, we’ve achieved equity.”
I have a strict policy against watching even a second of Little Lord Haw-Haw’s idiotic ramblings, but I read that and now I’m legitimately tempted to break my rule just confirm for myself it’s something he actually said, and not something you’ve borrowed either from an Onion level satirist or some lunatic’s video in the depths of YouTube with less than a hundred views.

@Background Human
Me: “Tucker, buddy. We’ve got the Internet. You can have all the sexy cartoon characters you want. You can be turned on by the green M&M, the brown M&M, the blue M&M if you’re into that shit,…”
Seriously. It’s honestly harder to find a cartoon character the internet hasn’t made sexy (or tried to at least) at this point then one that has.
The Smiling Pony
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Solar Hero - Went above and beyond for the Solar Deity, drawing from the power of the sun itself to bring balance to the fight against the Lunar Insurrection (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Tree of Harmony - Drew someone's OC for the 2022 Community Collab

( ͠° ͟ʖ ͡° )
FOX NEWS one week complains that the liberal agenda is making cartoon characters too sexy, the next week complains the liberal agenda is making cartoon characters less sexy.
Literally everything that happens is put through the prism of “liberals are ruining america!”
Their “news” site, for those that don’t check it out, makes Huffington Post look like a purely impartial news journal.
Dustcan
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Condensed Milk - State-Approved Compensation

Dogs
Arizona’s Democratic Party has formally censured Krysten Sinema for voting against altering the filibuster.
A very Democrat move. In response to one of their own helping the degradation of democracy, helping the opposition party retake Congress, and ensuring her party’s president is a lame duck by his first year the Democrats make sure to give her a stern finger wagging.
Dustcan
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Dogs
Supposedly some large donors have threatened to pull funding for any of her reelections.
That works. Pull party funds. Start grooming a primary challenger. Make it clear that the party wants to ensure her seat stays blue, but after that make it clear she’s not going to be the one in it.
Sinema has made it clear she’s only in it for the money, so hit her where it hurts.
Natry
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!
Fine Arts - Two hundred uploads with a score of over a hundred (Safe/Suggestive)
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

Constant Lurker
@Dustcan
I don’t know why Democrats still want to end the filibuster anyways. They’d have power for only a year and then they are likely to at least lose the house, and then the Republicans could continue to win in 2024 and have a full 2 years to do whatever they want.
The Smiling Pony
Solar Hero - Went above and beyond for the Solar Deity, drawing from the power of the sun itself to bring balance to the fight against the Lunar Insurrection (April Fools 2023).
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.

( ͠° ͟ʖ ͡° )
@Natry
The greater Democratic Party meta is to never actually fully win or do anything when they do, just stick around and keep getting paid. Pretending to want to end the filibuster gets voters energized to keep their seats warm, same as all their other proposals that aren’t just tiny nudges of the current system. Grandstanding and nothing else.
The Smiling Pony

( ͠° ͟ʖ ͡° )
@CaptainXtra
Not to be a downer, but we’re far more likely to see real change from an MCU movie making a main character gay or say they’re pro universal health care than we are from politicians’ own fake volitions.
Dustcan
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Dogs
The filibuster only ever seems to hold the Dems back but never the Reps. So it’s a self-preservation move on this part.
It’s also a simultaneous moral and constitutional move. The filibuster is not in the constitution, but voting rights are. The non-Constitutional filibuster has historically been a very frequent tool in the blocking or erosion of the Constitutional right to vote. Also, to protect slavery.
Shoot, even Founding Father James Madison warned against things that would lead to a “minority rule”. He also waxed philosophical about a supposed “Tyranny of the Majority”, but ultimately concluding that a democracy should be governed by a ‘majority rule that has minority rights’. The filibuster very much does not respect that vision. Madison believed that the majority’s decision should rule as long as it was “properly debated”, while the filibuster has historically been used as a bludgeon to obstruct regardless of debate.
Natry
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!
Fine Arts - Two hundred uploads with a score of over a hundred (Safe/Suggestive)

Constant Lurker
@Dustcan
The 2019-2020 congress currently has the highest amount of filibusters, done by Democrats, so it’s not entirely one-sided. Don’t forget that if the “Nuclear Option” wasn’t invoked for Supreme Court appointments, Democrats would have also prevented Kavanaugh and ACB.
Ereiam
Betrayal! - Betrayed their team for a badge. Shame forever!
Solar Guardian - Refused to surrender in the face of the Lunar rebellion and showed utmost loyalty to the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Perfect Pony Plot Provider - Uploader of 10+ images with 350 upvotes or more (Questionable/Explicit)
Notoriously Divine Tagger - Consistently uploads images above and beyond the minimum tag requirements. And/or additionally, bringing over the original description from the source if the image has one. Does NOT apply to the uploader adding several to a dozen tags after originally uploading with minimum to bare tagging.
Cool Crow - "Caw!" An awesome tagger
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - Organization is important.

Monde de merde
Don’t forget that if the “Nuclear Option” wasn’t invoked for Supreme Court appointments, Democrats would have also prevented Kavanaugh and ACB.
Which ties back to the aforementioned point that the filibuster benefits the Reps more than the Dems.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Champions of Equestria

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide