Don't blame me, I voted for the other guy. (Politics General)

Dustcan
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Condensed Milk - State-Approved Compensation

Dogs
They’re pulling the cookie cutter “somethingsomething ‘Executive Privilege’ somethingsomething ‘Witch Hunt’” spiel.
Although a correction is needed: Ivanka is being called in to the Jan 6 committee alone for those calls to her dad. Ivanka and Jr. both are being subpeonaed in an unrelated NY investigation into, you guessed it, Trump property tax fraud.
Edit: Also, with nearly a full year under his belt Biden has now officially vacationed like 31 times. A fact right wing media is attacking him for. Trump in the same time had vacationed 90 times in the same timeframe. A fact right wing media is playing “The floor is lava” with. I’m having trouble finding exact numbers, but apparently his vacations has cost taxpayers something like $3+ million…to various businesses. Meanwhile Trump’s had cost upwards of $400 million…straight to his own properties.
HorsesandMuchMOAR
Chaotic Little Trees - 1000+ images under their artist tag
A Really Hyper Artist - 500+ images under their artist tag
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
Dream Come True! - Participated in the MLP 9th Anniversary Event
A Tale For The Ages - Celebrated MLP's 35th Anniversary and FiM's 8th Anniversary
A Really Classy Artist - 250+ images under their artist tag
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag
Cool Crow - "Caw!" An awesome tagger

Gallusposting since 2019
Considering that some leftists (especially communists, “anti-imperialists”, and Black activists) in America dislike the Founding Fathers as slaveowners, and they regard the US flag as some imperialist terror, I was thinking about what replacements the American Left would use if it decided to change America.
What would they use to replace:
  • The stars and stripes flag?
  • The founding fathers?
  • The Star-Spangled Banner anthem?
  • The name of the country? (From “America” to what?)
Ereiam
Betrayal! - Betrayed their team for a badge. Shame forever!
Solar Guardian - Refused to surrender in the face of the Lunar rebellion and showed utmost loyalty to the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Fine Arts - Two hundred uploads with a score of over a hundred (Safe/Suggestive)
Perfect Pony Plot Provider - Uploader of 10+ images with 350 upvotes or more (Questionable/Explicit)
Notoriously Divine Tagger - Consistently uploads images above and beyond the minimum tag requirements. And/or additionally, bringing over the original description from the source if the image has one. Does NOT apply to the uploader adding several to a dozen tags after originally uploading with minimum to bare tagging.
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - Organization is important.
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

Monde de merde
@HorsesandMuchMOAR
I’m not sure what you want them to do about the founding fathers, considering that they’ve all been dead for about two centuries and are now, for better or worse, part of American history.
Also, the whole name of the country is “United States of America”.
HorsesandMuchMOAR
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
A Tale For The Ages - Celebrated MLP's 35th Anniversary and FiM's 8th Anniversary

Gallusposting since 2019
I got this from several Twitter posts that condemned the Founding Fathers as slaveowners, or that says “I don’t care about the Founding Fathers”. It makes me think that American leftists hate the founding fathers, and would want to replace them with their own heroes (possibly activists as long as they are not slaveowners).
Proposal to replace the US anthem: one
Proposals to replace the US flag: one two three
HorsesandMuchMOAR

Gallusposting since 2019
One name used by Lakota (Native American) activists is Kheya Wita, which means “Turtle Island”. Likewise, Native American activists refer North America as “Turtle Island”.
Ereiam
Solar Guardian - Refused to surrender in the face of the Lunar rebellion and showed utmost loyalty to the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Fine Arts - Two hundred uploads with a score of over a hundred (Safe/Suggestive)
Perfect Pony Plot Provider - Uploader of 10+ images with 350 upvotes or more (Questionable/Explicit)
Notoriously Divine Tagger - Consistently uploads images above and beyond the minimum tag requirements. And/or additionally, bringing over the original description from the source if the image has one. Does NOT apply to the uploader adding several to a dozen tags after originally uploading with minimum to bare tagging.

Monde de merde
Honestly, I don’t think it’s more than a minority that truly wants to do away with the old and replace American symbols like that. Like it or not, symbols have weight.
Personally, I think the one that would’ve the most chances to go might be the “In God We Trust” motto, which only got officialized in 1956 and has been rather controversial ever since.
Ebalosus
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Silver Bit -
Sapphire -
Happy Derpy! -
Bronze Supporter -

Build commie blocks!
Although this video is about technologies, what it says about wanting “a tool with no blood” is also applicable to political leaders. Even the ones a majority would agree were good, also did some pretty shitty things as well. Sure, we should aspire to have better political leaders, but at the same time we shouldn’t let perfect become the enemy of good; something that I see too often from libertarians and leftists, leading to them getting nowhere politically and immense infighting over minutia, respectively.
Background Pony #01F8
@HorsesandMuchMOAR
the people you’re talking about that want this change and are anti american are just the crazy lefties, the left’s version of the Alt-Right. Reporting the question is dumb but my guess is the people reporting it don’t want any attention on these loonies.
Dustcan
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Condensed Milk - State-Approved Compensation

Dogs
Faux News is now throwing a fit over…the literal dictionary definition of “Anti-vax”.
That is now the current definition. That is what Fox News is doing Pepe impressions over.
Oh and as Farron Cousins explained, the guest they brought on to ree about it was the Bush official who turned “Torture” into “Enhanced Interrogation”. That’s who’s opinion they valued.
Ereiam

Monde de merde
Because this country exists in a weird state where it doesn’t have a name.
What do you mean by that? I thought the “United States of America” name had officially been established since 1776 (granted, there was a time in 1778 when a usage of “United States of North America” was briefly considered then abandoned).
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
My Little Ties crafts shop

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide