Don't blame me, I voted for the other guy. (Politics General)

CaptainXtra
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).

STOP KOSA!
Assange lost all credibility when it was revealed he was taking bribes (or “donations”) from political actors.
You lose your rebel street cred when you’re taking cash from the system you’re supposedly rebelling against.
What actors?
How many?
How long ago did said bribes happen?
Dustcan
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Condensed Milk - State-Approved Compensation

Dogs
In more “Meet the new boss, same as the old”, Biden has reportedly cut many proposals in the Build Back Better bill, the thing named after his campaign and is filled with many of the things he campaigned on. Including but not limited to: student loan relief, reversal of corporate tax cuts, shrinking the 90 paid parental leave to 3 weeks, cutting the 2 years child tax credit to a 1 year (that must be means tested first), etc.
All to appease Manchin. Who is still mum on whether he’ll support the thing even after all this.
silbasa
Non-Fungible Trixie -
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition

Chapelle, while dodging some subjects and being as coarse as he always is, made a good point or two. With his jokes he tried to normalize relations to trans people a little and took a jab at their tendency to militantly shut down any critique or opposing opinions.
A few days later trans person employees and their allies at Netflix marched into a boardroom meeting demanding Netflix cut all ties to Chapelle… 😑
Background Human
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

CHS, Class of 20XX
@Ebalosus
I’m sure John Podesta’s risotto recipe was substantially correct. Doesn’t mean it needed to be public knowledge.
Deciding which information to publish is an editorial decision. When one releases personal documents with zero probative value in order to promote the political candidacy of an authoritarian shitheel, one’s motives tend to be called into question.
tehwatever
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Artist -
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends.

@Ciaran
But he dont hate himself. He an old comic who found the audience change.
I saw the special and I dont really found him ’phobic as in, that he hates trans individuals (though he joke about being one because thats what ppl label him as).
Man’s too experienced an artist to miss nuance. Great artist work within the nuance andlayers of irony, and the body of his work shows it.
He wrong about the nature trans and gender. But he right about people being people. Everyone has a human experience that any other person may fail to ever understand, but must acknowledge.
Background Pony #8F21
Some highlights:
Saudis demand “phrases like ‘the need for urgent and accelerated mitigation actions at all scales…’ be eliminated from the report
Australian government rejects the conclusion that closing coal-fired power plants is necessary, and wants any references about lobbyists attempting to water down action on climate change to be expunged
India states burning more coal is necessary for their economic growth
Saudi Arabia, Norway, China, Australia and Japan demand “Coal Capture & Storage” be highlighted as a miracle solution to allow for burning more oil, rather than the paltry stopgap it barely is
Brazil and Argentina (major beef producers and exporters) want evidence about beef production being a high source of CO2 be redacted, and contest that reducing meat consumption would have a positive effect
Switzerland and Australia oppose giving any money at all to poor countries to help them develop and implement green / renewable energy
Penguin Dragneel
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Thread Starter - Weeb Wars: The Anime Controversy Thread
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
Artist -

The Latest Tax Write-Off
@silbasa
They literally never “marched into a board meeting.” They simply voiced their concerns over Chapelle and his special, and Netflix in return fired them for going against the company.
Oh, but let me guess, you only care about free speech when it benefits you.
Edit: But hey, at least you didn’t go for the usual alt-right source. That deserves some credit.
silbasa
Non-Fungible Trixie -

@Penguin Dragneel
“Oh, but let me guess, you only care about free speech when it benefits you.” - if that’s what you think you have not paid much attention. They have every right to speak but they don’t have a right to shut down Chapelle, who also has a right to free speech. Netflix have rehired them again and taken Chapelle off their recommended list and top ten list in their app as well due to the social media storm the employees started. This is progressives using cancel culture as a weapon once again.
neutralgrey
Solar Guardian - Refused to surrender in the face of the Lunar rebellion and showed utmost loyalty to the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Silver Bit -

@silbasa
“shut down Chapelle”
WHEEZE
Dave is arguably the most popular comedian in the last couple of decades! Some rando on Twitter ain’t gonna “cancel” him.
People criticizing Dave isn’t cancel culture, that’s just the market place of ideas. It’s free speech, you’re allowed to say and criticize anyone you want.
silbasa
Non-Fungible Trixie -

@neutralgrey
Yup. What sucks is that people on the left and right use social media, the scourge that social media is, to shame and threaten people and companies doing nothing wrong or illegal into submission and in that way suppress free speech. Some topics and subjects are forbidden, to be avoided for fear of angering the social media mob. I hate that.
Also note that the Netflix employees were laid off because they went to a high up leader meeting they were not invited to, not because of their social media use. And then rehired and made Netflix cave due to, duuun duun duuu(!), the usual social media mob for having done no wrong… 😕
@neutralgrey
Nope. See reply above.
neutralgrey
Solar Guardian - Refused to surrender in the face of the Lunar rebellion and showed utmost loyalty to the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Silver Bit -

@silbasa
“suppress free speech”
This IS free speech. Suppressing free speech would be what Donald Trump wanted, loosening libel and slander laws so he can sue whoever said mean things to him.
What’s going on is no different than what conservatives were screeching about when Lil Nas X did that music video or when some football player knelt.
Free speech ain’t in danger because of Twitter. Intelligence however, is since social media rots people’s brains.
@silbasa
Also, Netflix wasn’t legally forced to do any of that. It’s just out of touch suits doing what they can to ensure they keep making enough money to buy another yacht. That’s it.
neutralgrey
Silver Bit -

Honestly, I think people are just being hysterical and are too worried about “cancel culture”
You wanna know what suppression of free speech looks like? Look at the heinous shit China and Russia do on a daily basis. That’s suppression of free speech
silbasa
Non-Fungible Trixie -

@neutralgrey
Free speech is only free speech if we respect each other’s right to speak. Online nowadays it’s mob rule, who can drum up the most hubbub on social media and make the most noise. Those who can “win”. Deplatforming someone is the ultimate victory.
@Penguin Dragneel
To you I probably am the Quartering. Very little I can do about that. Will I keep upholding my principle of free speech for everyone? You bet.
@Hollowfox Jaeger
If you are thinking about the employees, they were rehired after a day or so.
neutralgrey
Silver Bit -

@silbasa
“Free speech is only free speech if we respect each other’s right to speak”
Uh…if by respect you mean not murder for saying something a group doesn’t agree with then yeah. The US still practices free speech. No one in government is going to arrest Dave nor is anyone putting bombs in his car.
Twitter mobs are dumb but they have a right to say whatever they want so long as they make no direct threats of violence and respect Twitter’s TOS.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Ministry of Image - Fanfiction Printing

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide