Don't blame me, I voted for the other guy. (Politics General)

ᎶㄖҜㄩ 乃ㄥ卂匚Ҝ
One-Star Dragon Ball - For supporting the site
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Happy Derpy! - For site supporters
Bronze Supporter - Bronze Supporter
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Dream Come True! - Participated in the MLP 9th Anniversary Event
Wallet After Summer Sale -
A Tale For The Ages - Celebrated MLP's 35th Anniversary and FiM's 8th Anniversary
Artist -

Zamasu
A statue in italy celebrating an italian literary heroine is deemed sexist and critics are asking for it to be put down.
Critics: “yo wtf she isnt like this!” “Too sexy! This seems like a fanart by a horny artist”
Town authorities: “This is an important piece of art and will attract tourists.
And attract it did. Them cheeks are magnetic. Now ppl pose with it and touch the butt and stuff.
Who the character? I dunno. Ask the italians.
But I mean. Not the first time literary female characters are depicted as sexually attractive to the male audience. ANIME DOES THAT ALL THE TIME and we all know anime, in the eyes of thirsty gamer nerd crowds, never makes mistakes.
My guess is that they’re running out of things to be outraged at?
tehwatever
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Artist -
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends.

@Penguin Dragneel
It does to me. Im not asexual (despite what the dumb online test suggests) so them curves do imo suggest that I come over and admire it in person. Then again it’s more on me than on the statue itself. Im just a horny bastard.
@Goku Black
Imo the opposite. They have too many things to be outraged at and too much free time on their hands.
Dustcan
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Condensed Milk - State-Approved Compensation

Dogs
Oh boy. This one’s a doozy.
Tonight it was just nice to hear…instead of chasing people around we’re gonna hunt-you guys are hunting people now. It’s just a nice change of tempo.
Yep. Agreed.
Fuck these people.
We’re rolling down Lake Street. The first fuckers we see we’re hammering them with 40s (“non-lethal” grenades)
Yes sir!
Is that a good copy?
I like that!
Fuck these media.
I’d love to scatter them but I find it’s time to fucking put them in jail. And just to prove the mayor wrong about white supremacists from out of state.
I agree.
Although this group probably is predominantly white because there’s not looting and fires.
In a clip not shown is a pair of officers shooting rubber bullets at a protester, shouting “Gotcha!” then fist bumping his partner.
The 2 big takeaways I get here is:
  1. I can very much see why it takes months or years - if ever! - for police to release their body cam footage. It never looks good when your entire department is staffed from top to bottom with drunken rednecks.
  2. This is in response to George Floyd protests. Their response to protests over police brutality is more police brutality. This is when they’re on their ‘Good Behavior’.
Zincy
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

In Vino Veritas
I was rereading about the time cops got off for shooting a man on the ground, in a hotel hallway, who was begging for his life. And they laughed it off.
Or the time a black man went to purchase a pellet gun in a store, and cops shot him within 3 seconds of entering the building because he was holding the pellet gun.
Or the one where a mental health professional was talking down a heavily autistic man, and cops showed up and shot him within 6 seconds of being on the scene. They also shot the counselor.
I had to stop after three stories for the sake of my blood pressure.
When a tree is rotten, it shall produce no good fruit.
Dustcan
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Condensed Milk - State-Approved Compensation

Dogs
I was rereading about the time cops got off for shooting a man on the ground, in a hotel hallway, who was begging for his life. And they laughed it off.
Was that the case of the world’s deadliest game of Simon Says? Because that’s a case where the cops will shoot you dead just for your pants falling down.
Zincy
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -

In Vino Veritas
Yep.
I read deeper in. Apparently an old “grisled” cop behind the one that did the shooting kept egging the younger cop on, and making it harder for the victim to understand the already confusing instructions.
People will counter with “well hundreds of encounters with police turn out fine”, but that’s not the point. There needs to be higher standards when you’re dealing with people who have the power to kill you and a system that shields them. Stuff like this shouldn’t happen, and there are some people who become cops that should never have been on the force. And some of those shields need to be torn down, and cops should be held accountable when they fuck up.
The police seem to be the only field in the whole workforce where you can kill someone and not be punished for it. Even the military has a higher threshold for when you can shoot at someone.
Background Human
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

CHS, Class of 20XX
@乃ムりん乇ム尺イ
Can’t blame ‘em. It’s basically their one selling point for average Afghans. “Sure, we’re crazed theocrats, but at least we’re not American puppets.” They let us back in, and it’s crazed theocrats and innocent kids getting “accidentally” droned. Not a recipe for popularity.
HorsesandMuchMOAR
Chaotic Little Trees - 1000+ images under their artist tag
A Really Hyper Artist - 500+ images under their artist tag
A Tale For The Ages - Celebrated MLP's 35th Anniversary and FiM's 8th Anniversary
A Really Classy Artist - 250+ images under their artist tag
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag
Cool Crow - "Caw!" An awesome tagger

Gallusposting since 2019
I saw that same argument among Islamists and Pakistani Twitter users on why they want everyone to support Taliban. Still contemptible either way: whether being choosing to be bombed or shot by Murricans, or shot by terrorists, I prefer neither.
tehwatever
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends.

@HorsesandMuchMOAR
Taliban owns the place either way. Since the Afghan military went limp, there’s nobody standing between the more retarded Islamic State and Afghani warlords but the Taliban (Afghan branch).
Taliban’s more like a bunch of zealots with ideals to protect people and nothing more. As a result, ppl are no longer getting harassed by the military and the police.
BUT THERE’S NO JOB. No income. Very little bureaucracy and infrastructure to even get anything going.
China’s smart. They know Afghanis can handle security but they dont know jack about trade or businesses or nation building so THAT is what China is offering to Taliban.
USA’s like the abusive ex who begs to come back to do more of the same shit it’s pulled for 20 years. Aint happening.
HorsesandMuchMOAR

Gallusposting since 2019
So if Taliban will eventually collapse due to poor infrastructure, I bet Pakistan and/or China will take over to prevent Daesh from turning the country into a hellscape. The US won’t return due to a 2nd Afghan occupation being very unpopular in the US.
But if Taliban manages to survive, it could be propped up by Pakistan and China, because both of them don’t want Daesh to wreak havoc. It might become like Iran or Saudi Arabia, if it’s lucky.
Ereiam
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Betrayal! - Betrayed their team for a badge. Shame forever!
Solar Guardian - Refused to surrender in the face of the Lunar rebellion and showed utmost loyalty to the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Fine Arts - Two hundred uploads with a score of over a hundred (Safe/Suggestive)
Perfect Pony Plot Provider - Uploader of 10+ images with 350 upvotes or more (Questionable/Explicit)
Notoriously Divine Tagger - Consistently uploads images above and beyond the minimum tag requirements. And/or additionally, bringing over the original description from the source if the image has one. Does NOT apply to the uploader adding several to a dozen tags after originally uploading with minimum to bare tagging.
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - Organization is important.

Monde de merde
@HorsesandMuchMOAR
Given their treatment of Uyghur muslims, I don’t see China being any more welcome than the US (or the USSR before them). The Taliban would sooner block the Wakhan Corridor and harass any Chinese troops attempting to venture that way.
Background Pony #14F1
@HorsesandMuchMOAR
Given their treatment of Uyghur muslims, I don’t see China being any more welcome than the US (or the USSR before them). The Taliban would sooner block the Wakhan Corridor and harass any Chinese troops attempting to venture that way.
Money’s money. The Taliban will be as happy as other hardcore islamists to ignore what’s being done to the Uyghur if money’s on the table. Plus China wouldn’t occupy anything, they’d send lawyers and bankers and leave the locals to their own devices, same as in Africa.
HorsesandMuchMOAR

Gallusposting since 2019
In light of the terrorist attacks in the US and Europe, I think the alt-right, fascism, and Nazism should be given the same treatment as Islamism - these four should all be treated as terrorists.
And people like Choudhury and his followers should not be tolerated, but arrested. Let’s also give the same treatment to Jared Taylor and Nick Fuentes: ban them and lock them up.
Freedom of speech should not be extended to such destructive views.
I read on the Internet that Middle Eastern immigrants in Europe turned to militancy out of desperation. They feel rejected by society and left out, or they feel sad and angry by the US invasions and Israeli attacks on Palestinians, so they turn to groups like Taliban and Daesh for revenge.
My solution would be to educate them and help them get out of poverty, while also creating more jobs for frustrated locals who claim that “they took our jerbs!”. This should stop them from turning to destructive views against their new homes. Education and deradicalisation (just as society did it to get rid of Nazis and racists) can help them turn away from militant groups.
I also suggest limiting immigration to make sure countries will retain their native peoples and cultures. The immigrants can stay and work, but they must respect the cultures and peoples of their homelands.
Would there be any better solution, aside from getting rid of poverty and helping them have proper education? The locals (in Europe) claim that the immigrants also have harmful habits that they refuse to give up, not even with education, such as stubborn conservatism and dependence on welfare.
Background Pony #14F1
@Background Pony #14F1
The problem here is China can not be trusted to “rebuild Afganistan” Because China can’t really do anything also they are worried about Taiwan.
Oh, definitely not. They’ll just set up mines to extract cobalt and pay off everyone around for protection from ISIS… or just pay ISIS directly in areas the Taliban doesn’t control.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Sky Railroad Merch Shop!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide