Don't blame me, I voted for the other guy. (Politics General)

AaronMk
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Crystal Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Tree of Harmony - Drew someone's OC for the 2022 Community Collab
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Verified Pegasus - Show us your gorgeous wings!
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Philomena - For helping others attend the 2021 community collab
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.

Sky funeral
None-the-less, thinkin’ about how the world would have been a better place had the French Revolution and its internationalized Terror had managed to drag every last Junker before the national blade. Alas, such sweetness could not come to our lips, and the Junker families still exist.
AaronMk
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Sky funeral
I don’t know what a “Junker” is, and I probably don’t want to know…
The eternal cabbage peddler of molded Prussian estates
The great Schnapps merchant, to the German worker as the Anglo to the Chinese
g e n t r y
Zincy
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Wallet After Summer Sale -
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

In Vino Veritas
That was childsplay that affected a handful of sectors.
This is a market wide slowdown. Think of the supply-chain a bit like serise of waves. A disruption a few miles out to sea doesn’t immediately impact the shore.
The early disruptions, and the subsequent rolling shutdowns of plants and factories around the world is finally crashing into us. A lot of companies have worked through their available supply, and are now feeling the effects of gaps in their inventory.
This wouldn’t be as big a problem if it had been linked to a more, short term disaster of some kind.
But now that everyone is emerging from their pandemic life, demand is accelerating, fast. The market cant keep up.
Zincy
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -

In Vino Veritas
A shill, mostly. He’s emblematic of everything wrong with the modern day Democratic party. Make no mistake, he might be a thorn right now due to the current circumstances, but he far and away not an anomaly. He’s closer to what the “dems” are than AoC or similar politicians. Glorified center-righters that are just as much up the corps asses as the GOP. The only difference is that most of them are able to summon up a modicum of actual care for their constituents as opposed to the outright contempt that the richy GoP show to theirs.
As a Virginian, I’m biased from birth to hate everything from West VA. So, that just adds to my dislike of him.
doloresbridge
Non-Fungible Trixie -
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition

Peace to all
A pro-life progressive group has apparently launched Considering where progressives have been moving on abortion, plus the right being on the on the offensive on it, I am not sure what much of a opening there is on this right now.
Logically, I think there would be plenty of reasons one could justify being progressive and pro-life in some form at least as much as I have seen some progressives laugh and consider it insane. Not full on opposing Row v. Wade perhaps but as a disposition to discourage and reduce abortions when possible. I mean, if there is stress and fidgeting in progressive circles over the curing of traits lead to the erasure of certain identities. Why have the awkward blind spot with down syndrome when the same thing maybe soon done for autistic people? I don’t think this group is going to go anywhere and it could be 4d chess by some outside force but as some one of right leaning and relatively pro-life politics I am endlessly amused at the thought of lefties who would be possibly willing name names and actually take on Planned Parenthood and the Democrats to the task over stopping over the counter birth control pills from being widely available
The bill is a direct rebuke to Senate Republicans who are trying to champion the issue of over-the-counter birth control. That GOP bill has drawn fire from reproductive health groups like Planned Parenthood Action Fund, however, that warn the legislation would force women to again pay out of pocket for their birth control.
“If something is too expensive, it doesn’t matter how easy it is to get. It might as well be on the moon,” Murray told reporters Tuesday.
Unlike the Republican bill, Murray’s bill would not provide incentives for insurance companies to offer birth control available over the counter.
We have to be very careful not to put political pressure on the FDA without going through the regular process, “ Murray said.
>Morning After Pill Campaign anybody?
Zincy
Non-Fungible Trixie -

In Vino Veritas
Did you actually read up on that bill or the fight that went on during it or did you just read that snippet and assume you knew a lot about it?
Because the actual bill was to force insurance companies to continue to provide for contraceptives, as without the mandate numerous insurers actually refused to cover the costs of birth control. This led to many women having to either pay out of pocket, or seek additional insurance outside of their company policy. Which added extra costs for maintaining a safe lifestyle.
The article even goes on to state ““I do think at some point, birth control will be offered over the counter, and when that happens, our bill makes sure insurance companies still cover it,” she said.” And that the crux of it was to make sure that when BC eventually hit the main market, it wouldn’t be exorbitantly expensive.
AaronMk
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Sky funeral
Yes and they went in strike and won the strike and got much better contracts.
Now it’s the theater worker’s unions turn to fuck up Disney-Marvel and Netflix to get better conditions. 95% strike rate bah-bee
Violet Rose in The Rain
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

Average American bootsucker: “We must protect our beloved country from tyranny!”
>this happens
Average American bootsucker: “Well askhully, this will hurt the profit margins for CEOs and also harm us, the living wage workers who will never get to see a million dollars in our bank account in our lifetimes. In this essay, I will explain why Reagan”
Oh, whoops, the tweet was a few months outta date. My bad.
doloresbridge
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Peace to all
@Zincy
First off, I found the democrats posturing on it to be highly suspect. Whining of the rising of cost for the drug being made over the counter? To quote from the same article I linked before:
“You can make birth control available over the counter in every pharmacy in America, but if it still costs $600 a year, it will be out of reach for many women,” Cecile Richards, the president of Planned Parenthood Action Fund, told reporters.
If it is done right, like Claritin No way birth control is going to be more expensive with it being out on the markets. The only Democratic counter attack that I have seen on this front is that Plan B went to retail and prices didn’t decrease, though this is more do to the original manufacturer keeping a stranglehold on the product I don’t see why the Birth Control pill would be under such a stranglehold. Also, the price that she through out, the $600 number also was on the highest end and ignored generics already existing I found it very suspect that after a big, painful push for the Morning After pill being available over the counter, they are suddenly so meek with the FDA. Patty Murry in 2015:
“ We have to be very careful not to put political pressure on the FDA without going through the regular process, “ Murray said.
WASHINGTON, D.C. – U.S. Senators Patty Murray (D-WA) and Hillary Rodham Clinton (D-NY) today announced victory in their efforts to force the FDA to make a decision regarding the over-the-counter application of Plan B emergency contraceptives. The Senators issued the following statement on the news from Secretary of Health and Human Services Michael O. Leavitt that the FDA will act on Plan B’s application by September 1, 2005:
“It is long past time that the American people had a decision on Plan B and the FDA has finally agreed to give women across the country what we have fought for from the beginning – a yes or no decision. After more than two years of waiting, American consumers and American women will finally get an answer.
While we continue to have concerns about the lack of leadership and independent decision-making that Dr. Crawford and the FDA have shown in this case, we have been clear all along that our hold on this nomination is about one thing only: the FDA’s failure to provide an answer on Plan B.
As we have now received a date for a decision on Plan B, we have agreed to release our hold on Dr. Crawford’s nomination.
Because the actual bill was to force insurance companies to continue to provide for contraceptives, as without the mandate numerous insurers actually refused to cover the costs of birth control. This led to many women having to either pay out of pocket, or seek additional insurance outside of their company policy. Which added extra costs for maintaining a safe lifestyle.
Would the Republican bill have forced the abandonment of those coverage or was it just a begin bill to make birth control over the counter? I have noted in my yeeeeeeeeee old text file* from the 2015 I noted at the time that it did not do anything other then birth control pills over the counter, thus rendering the Democratic panic on the subject “THEY OFFERED BIRTHCONTROL PILLS! SHIELD YOUR EYES LEAST THEY DECEIVE YOU!”. Though I cannot confirm this as both the article I have backed up and the link I had to the source text are dead links and don’t appear to be archived nor I was able to a link to the Republican bill elsewhere. Even if I concede that the Democrats are right making the drug over the makes it more expensive and the Republican bill being bad all around why not up the ante and expand access anyway in their own bill while also keeping it covered? I’ll give the Democrats some leeway if it was just a denial of a victory for the Republicans them to be able to claim cover over their attempt to except Religious employees but I think a bit more lobbying is at hand here to the established interests around Obammacare.
Honestly, maybe one of the good things of the young progressives blowing up everything may make this more possible at least. Though I doubt it’ll be with much Republican support considering our state right now with granting the Democrats a tiny lifeline to argue among themselves a bit longer, LOL!
*note: I store a lot of bookmarks in text files with various subjects I have researched or at least vaguely tracked in the past. It is not as impressive as it sounds and some are pretty cluttered and scattered. This one I just happened to have one hand
*note2: As an aside, I have been also supportive of more obscure efforts like allowing the pharmacist to write the prescription, though that is somewhat offtopic I suppose atm.
*note3: I really would like to expand on the politics of what is going on with my side and birth control over the past 20 years or so, hypocrisies and all, ran out of time for today, and possibly for a little while, IRL junk.
Ciaran
ラ・ゼッタ - For supporting the site
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Lunar Guardian - Earned a place among the ranks of the most loyal New Lunar Republic soldiers (April Fools 2023).
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.

Senior Moderator
友情は魔法だ
@AaronMk
There’s a lot of people involved in that strike. I’m working from home on personal projects this week because it has shuttered all the producers and artists I normally work with. In all honesty, I think it’s well intentioned and a good idea. It’s reminiscent of people taking lower wages at airlines for years to help them get through the lean years, then finding their wages cut even more when the business takes off and starts raking in big bucks again. Or when the publishers started putting out online or app versions of books and comics and not paying the artists and writers a dime because their contracts only paid them for ‘print versions’. I hope that the strike produces good changes.
HorsesandMuchMOAR
Chaotic Little Trees - 1000+ images under their artist tag
A Really Hyper Artist - 500+ images under their artist tag
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
Dream Come True! - Participated in the MLP 9th Anniversary Event
A Tale For The Ages - Celebrated MLP's 35th Anniversary and FiM's 8th Anniversary
A Really Classy Artist - 250+ images under their artist tag
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag
Cool Crow - "Caw!" An awesome tagger
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant

Gallusposting since 2019
Hopefully this will force Hollywood to listen to the people! After that, this should bring down the other companies.
If those corporates will send death squads or lawsuits, they are digging a bigger pit. As much as I do not like the Twitter mobs, I think the leftists could be the most effective solution to American social ills.
Thanotos Omega
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

@HorsesandMuchMOAR
It’s not going to bring anyone down, entertainment industry is very easy to scab and the behind the scenes unions have some issues that makes it easier to spin them as unreasonable, like not allowing a lessened electrocution to change a lightbulb because they are technically not a lighting person ect, and also very importantly losing those big companies would destroy the people working in the unions because the vast majority of their employment comes from them, they would end up creating a huge employment crisis, plus if i recall the actors guild makes a point not to be entangled with them meaning the people who are actually invaluable may not be supporting the strike, meaning it’s possible to replace many of them no big deal, they are just going to push until they get a better deal and would almost certainly be the ones to blink first if the companies are willing to take the hit to profits longer then them,
HorsesandMuchMOAR
Chaotic Little Trees - 1000+ images under their artist tag
A Really Hyper Artist - 500+ images under their artist tag
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
Dream Come True! - Participated in the MLP 9th Anniversary Event
A Tale For The Ages - Celebrated MLP's 35th Anniversary and FiM's 8th Anniversary
A Really Classy Artist - 250+ images under their artist tag
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag
Cool Crow - "Caw!" An awesome tagger

Gallusposting since 2019
I was wondering this question: how will life in a different country be changed, if it decides to convert to Hinduism?
As in these scenarios:
A. Country X - especially its people, decide to become Hindus. After they convert, they declare themselves a Hindu country, and adopt whatever parts of the Hindu faith that they like the most (like helping other people, supporting the poor and promoting education, beautiful festivals and art).
B. Country X adopts Indian-style Hindutva.
How will life and its society be different, under either one of the two scenarios?
Dustcan
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Condensed Milk - State-Approved Compensation

Dogs
The Texas abortion bounty law has received a preliminary injunction in its first court case. It’s expected to be appealed and thus follow in its many cousins in a road to the SCOTUS.
Cyber Ninjas has vowed that the Alabama audit will be their first and last after Trump supporters have inundated them with death threats.
Because of course they did.
Zincy
Non-Fungible Trixie -

In Vino Veritas
Republicans in VA are whiny little toddlers.
The redistricting commission fell apart today when Republicans wouldn’t compromise.
The dem members of the commission, along with the citizen members wanted to start with Republican drawn congressional maps and Democratic drawn Senate maps as a starting point to debate.
Republicans threw their toys out of the pram because they cannot accept any situation where their side does not have complete leverage. And they kept being obstinate until several members of the commission up and walked out.
Vivace
Artist -

“ShimSham my GlimGlams”
If most cheerleaders of laissez-faire capitalism had to face how much credit public sector innovation and financing can claim for the existence of private sector inventions and commodities they take for granted, they might have an identity crisis.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Techy Cutie Pony Collection!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide