Don't blame me, I voted for the other guy. (Politics General)

Background Human
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

CHS, Class of 20XX
@silbasa  
You have to understand: the New York Post isn’t just conservative, it’s a trash rag. The Wall Street Journal is conservative but still kinda respectable. Fox News… borderline. They’ve gotten worse lately, chasing the Newsmax and OAN crowd. The Post is straight garbage.
silbasa
Pixel Perfection - Hot Pockets Spotted
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Wallet After Summer Sale -

@Penguin Dragneel  
@NitroFury  
You’re just getting personal now and that shit just leads us into banhammer land….

@Background Human  
Yes, it’s a tabloid. But when what it prints is in there with sources, names and places should it just be dismissed out of hand? Having a debate is impossible when they refuse any and all evidence. Then I “lose” to superior debating skills it seems. 🤔
tehwatever
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Artist -
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends.

Just gonna let you all know that the Islamic world during WW2 didn’t have any issue with Nazi Germany.
And with that, I end my two cents towards that particular topic.
What are you implying here? WHAT? Holy jeez that was a primarily European problem!

This, I think, is an example of Eurocentrism. Apparently the entire world has to care about what you in the Europe / USA care about currently or had cared about in the past, otherwise they are backwater, barbaric or unenlightened.

China had a major issue with JAPAN.  
Indonesia had issue with JAPAN.  
Filipinos had issue with JAPAN.  
Notice a pattern? JAPAN was fucking them up but Hitler was on the other side of the planet.

Did the native americans conscripted for the war care about Hitler?

Did the latinos care? Actually some of them liked the idea proposed by fascists like Benito Musolini, Emprah Hirohito, Spain’s Franco or le meme extrordinaire Herr Fuhrer hisself.

So what are you tryna say here?
Ciaran
ラ・ゼッタ - For supporting the site
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Lunar Guardian - Earned a place among the ranks of the most loyal New Lunar Republic soldiers (April Fools 2023).
Crystal Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Tree of Harmony - Drew someone's OC for the 2022 Community Collab

Senior Moderator
友情は魔法だ
Maybe instead of attacking each other’s sources or each other’s personalities, you should use this opportunity to discuss your own opinions and provide your own ideas of what these concepts that you are debating are, what they mean, etc.

For example, I bet a fair number of the people in here arguing about CRT couldn’t even define it, much less explain why they personally think that teaching that race is a social construct and that racism is not purely the result of individual bias or prejudice is ‘bad’.

So, less attacking each other - if you want fight club this isn’t the site for it.
Penguin Dragneel
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Thread Starter - Weeb Wars: The Anime Controversy Thread
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
Artist -

The Latest Tax Write-Off
@Ciaran  
Very well.

Critical Race Theory is study of how race may or may not have had an influence in U.S. law and order.

I honestly believe people should learn about it at some point in their lives, as regardless if it’s true or not, it does showcase possible reasons as to why there is still racism despite the efforts to abolish it.

I do personally feel like Elementary and Middle School students are too young to know about it, or be taught it, since it could lead to unfortunate interpretations or possibly harm them emotionally. However, I do not believe that they are actually currently being taught that, despite what many alt-right uber-conservatives are saying.
Ciaran
Lunar Guardian - Earned a place among the ranks of the most loyal New Lunar Republic soldiers (April Fools 2023).
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.

Senior Moderator
友情は魔法だ
@Penguin Dragneel  
Do you see any evidence that Critical Race Theory is currently being taught to Elementary and Middle School students in the United States?

Because aside from normal history facts that some might consider central to CRT, such as the consequences of slavery, and unless one defines CRT so narrowly that it includes any education which in any way acknowledges the history of slavery or racism, then there is little to no credible evidence that CRT or it’s antecedent CLS is currently being taught to K-12 students in the United States.
Background Pony #7480
@Ciaran  
I don’t pay too much attention whether people want to label a thing CRT or not, I’m more interested in what is actually being taught. Whether you’re a person that thinks it is a very limited scope of topics, or more broad, it’s hard to claim that the people who oppose the general broad concept are just pulling it out of thin air (not claiming you said that, just speaking in general terms.)

For example, the National Education Association, the largest teacher’s union in the country, has embraced the broad definition and embraced teaching it.

Provide an already-created, in-depth, study that critiques empire, white supremacy, anti-Blackness, anti-Indigeneity, racism, patriarchy, cisheteropatriarchy, capitalism, ableism, anthropocentrism, and other forms of power and oppression at the intersections of our society, and that we oppose attempts to ban critical race theory and/or The 1619 Project.
C. Publicly (through existing media) convey its support for the accurate and honest teaching of social studies topics, including truthful and age-appropriate accountings of unpleasant aspects of American history, such as slavery, and the oppression and discrimination of Indigenous, Black, Brown, and other peoples of color, as well as the continued impact this history has on our current society. The Association will further convey that in teaching these topics, it is reasonable and appropriate for curriculum to be informed by academic frameworks for understanding and interpreting the impact of the past on current society, including critical race theory.

Now again, with such a broad topic it’s hard for me to say I would oppose any and all topics people might fit in there. Specific things, like the 1619 project, I oppose.
Zincy
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

In Vino Veritas
I incorporated some race relation stuff into my lectures back in the day. Mostly when talking about things like the Tuskegee syphilis experiments and the like.
Ciaran

Senior Moderator
友情は魔法だ
@Background Pony #7480  
I honestly don’t know why people would have a problem with the National Education Association supporting “the accurate and honest teaching of social studies topics, including truthful and age-appropriate accountings of unpleasant aspects of American history, such as slavery, and the oppression and discrimination of Indigenous, Black, Brown, and other peoples of color, as well as the continued impact this history has on our current society”

But that is history. Students in schools should be taught history in an age-appropriate manner. Both the good and the bad.
Ciaran

Senior Moderator
友情は魔法だ
Now again, with such a broad topic it’s hard for me to say I would oppose any and all topics people might fit in there. Specific things, like the 1619 project, I oppose.

You’re opposed to the New York Times running a special issue of their own magazine devoted to the re-examination of the legacy of slavery in the United States?

You think the New York Times should not be allowed to do that? Or you’re opposed to their having done it? Or something else?
Background Pony #7480
@Ciaran  
The Problem is the “accurate and honest” part. CRT and the topics around it are just as much philosophy as they are simply facts, I think it is fine to be concerned about these topics being taught to students seeing as how students, k-12, are impressionable. It isn’t as simple as just teaching raw history.

@Ciaran  
I don’t oppose the NYT running it, they can do what they please. I don’t like the 1619 project itself because it had factual issues and the core of it was redefining the creation of the country to and linking it directly to slavery in a way that creates a sort of original sin for America. Again, I believe the NYT can do it and run it, in the same way if some conservative magazine wanted to run an issue that ignores slavery completely. I oppose the philosophy behind it and I would oppose any attempts at teaching it to students as it stands.
CaptainXtra

STOP KOSA!
What happened to those Northern Alliance fighters?

Did they all grow too old to fight by now?

Because they were pretty much the only natural residents that had the guts to fight the Taliban.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Pony Arts & Prints!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide