Don't blame me, I voted for the other guy. (Politics General)

CaptainXtra
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).

STOP KOSA!
Well, that Committee Police Testimony seems to have the set tone for how this investigation is gonna play out.
Very bad days for the Far-Right groups in America await:
full
While the Far-Left groups watch it all unfold:
full
This one does not remember Bush

How will this be a repeat of the 9/11 Commission?

Situation seems pretty different this time.
phoenixacezero
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Verified Pegasus - Show us your gorgeous wings!
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Birthday Cake - Celebrated MLP's 7th birthday
Artist -

@CaptainXtra  
I think it because of past investigations into trumps and their results, some people are wary now. Also doesn’t help that stuff like the investigation into the NY nursing homes deaths were dropped, the riots from last years, the Democratic Party trying to moving far away from defunding from police idea, people are skeptical.
CaptainXtra
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).

STOP KOSA!
@phoenixacezero

I thought it was made clear that actual BLM protesters had barley any direct involvement in violent rioting and recall hearing that it was commonly Alt-Right Scumbags pretending to be members of Leftist Activist Groups.

Also on this:

“past investigations into trumps and their results”

Ever consider the amount of Cronies that Trump had in several places making all those past attempts slow and painful as possible?

The situation is not the same as now.

As for NY and the Funding Police topics, they’re different issues entirely which I don’t see directly affecting this investigation in a major way.

At least not yet.
Zincy
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Wallet After Summer Sale -
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

In Vino Veritas
Youngkin, the out of touch millionaire that the reps have running for governor here in VA is drawing some heat.

See, the GQP have a rally planned for next month in the unfortunately named town of Lynchburg (tbf, it was founded by a man named Henry Lynch) about “election integrity”. The aim is to demonize recent voting rights changes made in VA.

The problem? The changes are overwhelmingly popular. And how the candidate is getting hammered by Terry and friends on it.
lonewolf
Lunar Guardian - Earned a place among the ranks of the most loyal New Lunar Republic soldiers (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Magical Inkwell - Wrote MLP fanfiction consisting of at least around 1.5k words, and has a verified link to the platform of their choice
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2017) - Celebrated Derpibooru's five year anniversary with friends.
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag
Artist -

U mad?
@Goku Black  
Sucks for gamers in Hawaii, but the others you could just have it shipped to a friend in a nearby state and then go get it. *looks at his personal build with a 1070Ti and 850W supply
Dustcan
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Condensed Milk - State-Approved Compensation

Dogs
In more “Party of Personal Responsibility” news, the GOP continue to be the braindead ‘No, U!’ party as they blame Nancy Pelosi for the Jan 6 inbred insurrection.

Earlier today I saw the latest Trae Crowder upload talking about the GOP blaming Pelosi for the redneck rebellion. I thought “Okay maybe he’s just exaggerating and doing what everyone does and generalizing.”

I don’t know why I keep doing this to myself. I don’t know why I keep giving Trump supporters the benefit of the doubt. Every. Single. Time. I think even the tiniest bit highly of them they will turn around and say “Jokes on you!” every time.

PizzaGaetz had another one of his rallies crashed by people asking if he’s a pedophile.

I like the cut of the jib of the one protestor who kept blowing the whistle. That’s some advanced trolling right there if you know your memes.

A liveblog of the Jan 6 committee hearing. Too many things to point out, but some highlights I found particularly notable.

Sgt. Gonell, an immigrant from the Dominican Republic, says that insurrectionists noticed the color of his skin on Jan. 6 and reacted.
“They said, you’re not even American,” Gonell recalled. He added that it took him some time to process why they made the remark.

Rep. Cheney opened up her round with a question about what the officers thought of Trump calling the mob a “loving crowd.”
All of them, all of them, were telling us, ‘Trump sent us,’” Gonell replied. “He could have done a lot of things. One of them was to tell them to stop.”

Dunn is recounting an exchange he had with insurrectionists in MAGA hats, who, he siad, were yelling that “President Trump invited us here.”
One rioter, Dunn said, yelled that “nobody voted for Joe Biden.”
Dunn recalled that he replied to the rioter, “Well, I voted for Joe Biden. Does my vote not count? Am I nobody?”
That led to a torrent of racial epithets.
“One woman in a pink “MAGA” shirt yelled, ‘You hear that, guys, this nigger voted for Joe Biden!’” he tells the committee. “Then the crowd, perhaps around twenty people, joined in, screaming ‘Boo! Fucking Nigger!’”

Hodges keeps referring to the mob of insurrectionists as “terrorists.”
“You will die on your knees,” he recalls one saying to him.
“To my perpetual confusion, I saw the thin blue line flag being carried by terrorists as they continued to assault us,” he adds with a bit of dry irony.

Fanone is recounting being dragged into a mob of insurrectionists on Jan. 6.
“They ripped off my badge. They grabbed my radio. They seized the
ammunition that was secured to my body,” he says. “They began to beat me, with their fists and with what felt like hard metal objects.”
“I’m sure I was screaming, but I don’t think I could even hear my own voice,” he added.
Fanone went on to make two interesting points: that no members of Congress had to go through what he went through, and that he made a conscious choice not to use his firearm.
“During the assault, I thought about using my firearm on my attackers. But I knew that if I did that, I would quickly be overwhelmed,” he said. “And that, in their minds, it would provide them with the justification for killing me.”
Fanone was knocked unconscious and later found to have suffered a heart attack during the assault.

Gonell broke down crying as he related some of the heart-wrenching details of his return home early in the morning of Jan. 7.
“I arrived home at nearly 4:00 a.m. on January 7,” Gonell said. “I had to push away my wife from hugging me because of all the chemicals that covered my body.”
“I couldn’t sleep because the chemicals reactivated after I took a shower, and my skin was burning,” he added.

When a Trump supporter tells you who they are, believe them. And Trump supporters - not your rank and file Republican voters who simply votes for anyone with an (R) next to their name every 2 years - but actual loud and proud MAGA told us exactly who they were on Jan 6.
Zincy
Non-Fungible Trixie -

In Vino Veritas
Republicans in VA are complaining that they’re being shut out of the legislative process because the dems are moving forward with the process to spend the pandemic boost basically without them.

Said Republicans have stymied and delayed every chance the dems gave them to participate, and have road blocked the government from getting that money to work.

So yea, no shit you idiots are being shut out. People and businesses need that funding now, and the dems in VA are done playing politics.
Dustcan
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Condensed Milk - State-Approved Compensation

Dogs
@Penguin Dragneel

Fox News.

I’m speaking from experience. A major news network running 24/7 propaganda and damage control is a hell of a brainwashing. It’s why I try and separate Joe Republican who votes R every 4 years at best because the moving picture box tells him to, and the inbred MAGAts who actually hear what the GOP says and especially does and thinks “That’s why I like them”.

The former I can understand. I live with and used to be one. The latter is an active danger.
CaptainXtra

STOP KOSA!
What has been the reaction of Anti-Trump Republicans/Right Wingers and Centrists to this Committee so far?

The Majority of the Left is unchanged in terms of its shock and anger.

To nobody’s surprise the Pro-Trump Far Right continues to call it fake.
Ebalosus
Silver Bit -
Sapphire -
Happy Derpy! -
Bronze Supporter -

Build commie blocks!
@NitroFury

Correction: All politicians want what our mate Xi has in terms of political power and immunity from the plebs. The only difference is which ‘enemies’ they would send to the re-educational labour camps.
phoenixacezero
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -

@Dustcan  
except no it wouldn’t. The bill would ban CRT not the history of the Civil war, Martin Luther king JR. Basically all that would be ban would be would viewing things through a racial lens aka judging someone based on their skin color.  
though the bill not really needed. People are rejecting it on their own accord.
Ereiam
Betrayal! - Betrayed their team for a badge. Shame forever!
Solar Guardian - Refused to surrender in the face of the Lunar rebellion and showed utmost loyalty to the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Fine Arts - Two hundred uploads with a score of over a hundred (Safe/Suggestive)
Perfect Pony Plot Provider - Uploader of 10+ images with 350 upvotes or more (Questionable/Explicit)
Notoriously Divine Tagger - Consistently uploads images above and beyond the minimum tag requirements. And/or additionally, bringing over the original description from the source if the image has one. Does NOT apply to the uploader adding several to a dozen tags after originally uploading with minimum to bare tagging.
Cool Crow - "Caw!" An awesome tagger
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - Organization is important.

Monde de merde
Basically all that would be ban would be would viewing things through a racial lens aka judging someone based on their skin color.

Quoth the article:  
The Love America Act would “promote patriotism in education” by not allowing federal money to go to any public schools that teach students about how white supremacy or racism played a role in the founding the United States.

In other words, whitewashing the historical influence of racism in American society, i.e. plain revisionism. Same thing, different scope.
Natry
Non-Fungible Trixie -
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!
Fine Arts - Two hundred uploads with a score of over a hundred (Safe/Suggestive)

Constant Lurker
@Ereiam  
@phoenixacezero  
Both of you are incorrect. The actual bill hardly does anything to stop CRT or whitewash. It specifies that schools can’t say the Pledge of Allegiance, Declaration of Independence, or the Constitution is racist and that’s it. It doesn’t stop schools from saying any other part of American history is racist. It’s a paper tiger, really. The real problem is schools wouldn’t get funds unless the kids can memorize and recite parts of the document; as if we don’t have enough standardized testing already.
phoenixacezero
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -

@Ereiam  
Correction. The school shall not get funding for saying that certain foundational text are products of racism or white supremacy. Namely you cannot say the Bill of Rights is product of white supremacy. The bill would also stop people to judge people based on their skin and judge them based on their character.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Pony Arts & Prints!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide