Don't blame me, I voted for the other guy. (Politics General)

Dustcan
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Condensed Milk - State-Approved Compensation

Dogs
More and more of the GOP - up to Moscow Mitch himself - are now starting to to come around to encouraging their followers to get vaccinated…now that recent polls show that over 98% of Covid deaths are now from the unvaccinated, and Republican voters overwhelmingly make up the unvaccinated population.

And of course they are getting flooded by hate mail and tweets etc from the MAGA Death Cult angry at the GOP for telling them not to kill themselves.

Frankly I’m all for it on both ends:

A) Republicans listen to their leaders and stop dying.  
B) Republicans don’t listen, and instead carry their anger for a year and half to the midterms where the GOP loses big. Preferably without them dying in process.
Backgroundpony
Non-Fungible Trixie -

@Dustcan  
What I would give to know how these message was made up…

more than 1 year of no vaccine exist ; over 98% of Covid deaths are now from the unvaccinated  
half a year of vaccines exist but only get to the population slowly  
last month; Republican voters overwhelmingly make up the unvaccinated population

Well I prefer your A)  
B and you would get lockdowns over and over again
Zincy
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

In Vino Veritas
@Penguin Dragneel

@HorsesandMuchMOAR

CNN is showcasing some tweets and comments made by GQP members in the legislature. Accused pedophilia Geatz called it “nosy” of Mitch’s push to get the others to take the virus seriously.

I suppose Gaetz prefers his nose up the ass of a 15 year old. If we want to talk about being “nosy”.
kleptomage
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Lunar Guardian - Earned a place among the ranks of the most loyal New Lunar Republic soldiers (April Fools 2023).
Perfect Pony Plot Provider - 10+ uploads with over 350 upvotes or more (Questionable/Explicit)
Fine Arts - Two hundred uploads with a score of over a hundred (Safe/Suggestive)

I was reading about the Central Arizona Project, a system of pumps and canals that moves water from the Colorado River to central and southern Arizona. The canals cross 336 miles of scorching desert. Every year, 5.2 billion gallons are lost to evaporation and another 2.9 billion gallons to water leaking through the concrete. I can’t even imagine what a billion gallons looks like. It’s incredibly, stupidly wasteful. They should have moved the water in pipes where it can’t evaporate or leak, but Arizona decided pipes were too expensive. The project opened in 1993, so what’s the cost of 226.8 billion gallons of water?

If the western US keeps getting hit by drought and extreme heat, they are going to have to be a lot smarter about how they manage water. They need better infrastructure to preserve the water they have. They can’t waste it on frivolities like golf courses, green lawns, and fountains. Some serious thought should also be given to making agriculture more efficient. Dry climates shouldn’t be growing water intensive crops like cotton nor using ditch irrigation.
Background Pony #9ABD
It’s supposed to get hot next week, and ERCOT says they expect a record usage of electricity.

How likely is it that we have power outages?
Dustcan
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Dogs
@Background Pony #9ABD

Places like Texas and Oregon are already having blackouts. Texas because of the ongoing issues of assbackwards privatization of the electrical grid, Portland Oregon because their power cables are literally melting from the heat. Also I think New York is issuing calls to ration electrical usage…while Broadway is still lit up like the sun 24/7 with corporate ads.
Zincy
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -

In Vino Veritas
HarrisX, an okish polling house did ran a poll of 33 swing districts across the nation. They found that, overall, 72% of voters on average supported the infrastructure deal.

A pretty clear warning sign and another example that the public seems to support infrastructure spending.
Background Pony #F070
“Hasbro Suspends Critical Race Theory Training Whistleblower, Claims Recent Leak “Mischaracterizes Our Values” “:themix.net/2021/07/hasbro-suspends-critical-race-theory-training-whistleblower-claims-recent-leak-mischaracterizes-our-values/
Dustcan
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Dogs
full

Except white people storming the Capitol.

In other news, turns out the investigation into Injustice Beer Brett was a sham, as it (amongst other things) deliberately ignored over 4500 tips. With the most relevant ones being sent for White House lawyers of all people to investigate.

I mean we already knew the investigation was a fraud. But hey now it’s on official record.

Apropos to nothing but hey a red flag is a red flag.

full
Ereiam
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Betrayal! - Betrayed their team for a badge. Shame forever!
Solar Guardian - Refused to surrender in the face of the Lunar rebellion and showed utmost loyalty to the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Fine Arts - Two hundred uploads with a score of over a hundred (Safe/Suggestive)
Perfect Pony Plot Provider - Uploader of 10+ images with 350 upvotes or more (Questionable/Explicit)
Notoriously Divine Tagger - Consistently uploads images above and beyond the minimum tag requirements. And/or additionally, bringing over the original description from the source if the image has one. Does NOT apply to the uploader adding several to a dozen tags after originally uploading with minimum to bare tagging.
Cool Crow - "Caw!" An awesome tagger
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - Organization is important.

Monde de merde
@Background Pony #1F81  
I heard about those ignorant Godwin law-breaking fuckers and, aside from a few far-righters in denial, the condemnation from the political class has been nigh-unanimous.

What’s more of an issue OTOH is that Macron, out of the blue, has decided to extend the access restrictions to establishments open to the public and public transportation for those who don’t carry the health passport (which you can get with either a proof of vaccination, a proof of recovery from COVID, or a recent negative test), leaving very little time for the population to prepare, especially in the middle of the summer holiday period when a lot of people were on vacation (including myself).  
Now everyone has to scramble to make sure they won’t get barred from trains, restaurants or cinemas (my brother and I were very lucky to be able to get in yesterday, given that he was freshly vaccinated and the pass only becomes valid a week after, while I wasn’t yet) and such a precipitation could’ve been avoided had the government reacted to the warnings about the Delta variant earlier.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
My Little Ties crafts shop

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide