Don't blame me, I voted for the other guy. (Politics General)

tehwatever
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Artist -
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends.

@silbasa  
What Take-Two Interactive does on their panel is up to them. If they wanna burn bridges and offend core audience, Idgaf. It’s their bottom line at risk. Shame they couldn’t see it.

What I’m pissed off about is the wording of the title post. The title post is deliberately tryna start something. It gives away intent, it’s pandering, it’s bait.

“Dev talks diversity and inclusion instead of games, hurr”

Oh god that killing intent is leaking out and you can smell it a mile away. Might as well just title your post

“Dev talks sjw politics instead of games because the industry hates white gamers and we should push back on these new social conditioning because I’m offended, because I am probably insecure and video games have been my safe haven as a straight white young european / american male who also loves anime and anime tiddies, and now nothing is sacred anymore.”

Like holy crap. Dont out yourself as a “Gamer” goddamnit. It’s cringe.
silbasa
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition

@tehwatever  
Today’s gaming “journalism”, usually cancer whichever way it’s oriented.

As for Take-Two doing this smack dab in the middle of the biggest expo of the year, well theres ya problem son.

Are they game developers passionate about games or are they political activists using games as a platform?

(They are activists using games as a platform to the detrimental effect of the games, there I just gave you a cheat sheet so you don’t have to wonder about it anymore.)
tehwatever
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends.

@silbasa  
I never wondered about it, nor do I even really care considering

1. I’m not offended  
  2. Not my money  
  3. Their loss  
  4. Wasnt what I was arguing about

Talking about Take-Two Interactive and their panel is tangential to what I was bringing up: namely, the terrible title post.

I wasnt talking the content of the post, I wasnt talking the panel

I’m just telling you I get 2nd hand embarrassment and cringe from ppl giving away their I’m a straight white weeb gamer who ams oppressed because I’m denied my entertainment card.

So maybe Take-Two Interactive are a bunch of activists. Sure, so what. I’m not a shareholder, nor are they my boss.

If Take-Two was to hire me as an artist who specialize in busty hijabi anime girls for their diversity project, then their panel would be my problem. Until then, Nah.

Edit: I don’t disagree with you on this, partly because I’ll just take your word on it and ams not bothered to look into it further.
Kiryu-Chan
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -

World's Okayest User
Remember when people shit on gaming journalists because they sucked at video games and not because of people’s shitty politics disagreed with theirs?

As for Take Two they’re a shitty publisher for using and encouraging some of the worst business practices in the industry especially with the overmonetization of their games, not because they’re fucking “””“activists””””
silbasa
Non-Fungible Trixie -

@tehwatever  
I know. I was. It’s a pet peeve of mine that comes up from time to time. I don’t know why white activists with black thick rimmed glasses on twitter have made it so we cant have sexy women or heroic men in games anymore but here we are.

(Sarcasm intended.)

full
Scrabbleman
Duck - He literally asked for this
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Artist -
Birthday Cake - Celebrated MLP's 7th birthday
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2017) - Celebrated Derpibooru's five year anniversary with friends.
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

[screams in German]
@Latecomer  
Sure but that’s hardly the purpose of playing video games. Like, you can be passionate about gardening and history but you don’t tend a potato garden because the King of Ireland did it.
Dustcan
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Condensed Milk - State-Approved Compensation

Dogs
Despite the last few days of right wing talking heads trying to paint Biden as weak for meeting with Putin at the G7 while still somehow heaping praise on said Russian president, Putin himself has come out and praised Biden saying that he was very “professional”.

I guess Fox News’ obsession with daddy Putin is gonna end now.
Wiimeiser
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Dream Come True! - Participated in the MLP 9th Anniversary Event
A Tale For The Ages - Celebrated MLP's 35th Anniversary and FiM's 8th Anniversary
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag

(Foil Hat)
Is there a reason games can’t be used for political purposes? Books and TV can…

There’s still a perception that anything that’s not WoW, CoD or Candy Crush is for children.
Scrabbleman
Duck - He literally asked for this
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Artist -
Birthday Cake - Celebrated MLP's 7th birthday
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2017) - Celebrated Derpibooru's five year anniversary with friends.
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

[screams in German]
@Latecomer  
The question is not whether there is politics in a game (there is), but whether the politics itself is appropriate.

Take Skyrim for example. That game is heavy with politics, talking about racism and civil war and whatnot. But you don’t see anyone complaining about it. Why? Because it fits in-universe. It’s a medieval fantasy game and it’s a very big part of the series.

Politics in games is unavoidable. But at the very least, you should try to make it about the game itself. Try to keep a distance between the politics of real-life and the politics of fiction.
silbasa
Non-Fungible Trixie -

@Latecomer  
Haven’t you paid any attention for the last decade or so? No, they don’t mix very well. Irl controversial subjects are better discussed somewhere other than a first person shooter.

@Scrabbleman  
Well spoken words indeed.

@Latecomer  
They can but why should they? Is it a game or propaganda then? Reserve games for fun and not real life politics.

@Scrabbleman  
This is the difference that many people don’t seem to understand: in universe politics —— irl identity politics. One is fun, the other belongs out in the real world and not in my off time.
Dustcan
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Condensed Milk - State-Approved Compensation

Dogs
@igotnopicks

Fox News shills for anything Republican. Or in the case of Trump, anything that says they’re Republican. And Hannity was making borderline homoerotic praise over a shirtless Putin back during the Obama years.

Trump being the biggest Japanese schoolgirl stereotype over his Putin-sempai just made things extra easy for them.

Edit: A new study shows over half of the NC portion of Y’all Qaeda didn’t even vote in the 2020 election.

I mean. We saw plain as day they don’t believe in democracy (they are Trump supporters after all). But yeah, that’s just extra sad (which, again, Trump supporters).
CaptainXtra

STOP KOSA!
The Boomers in political power and the ones in charge of corporations don’t deserve to have grandchildren.

Millennials can say the ultimate “fuck you” to their crooked elderly parents and grandparents by not bringing more life into the world while they’re,(The Crooked Boomers), are still alive.

full
Kolbjorn

Banana
A couple of days ago here on Mexico the official twitter account of the very conservative and tied to the evangelical churches “Solidary Encounter Party” (the past federal elections they run adds against abortion and the adoption of children by same sex couples) started posting tweets celebrating pride month, congratulating two states that recently approved same sex marriage and finally changed their profile pic to the party logo with rainbow colors.

Turns out they haven’t payed to the people in charge of their social networks for months
Latecomer

@Scrabbleman  
Fiction and reality are connected, though. And a suprising number of things are “political”, at least in some eyes.

@silbasa  
Is it possible to make a game about shhoting people without making some sort of political statement, intended or otherwise?

And why should games be any more reserved for fun than any other media?
silbasa
Non-Fungible Trixie -

@Latecomer  
Absolutely. Would you say Doom is political? Super Mario?

It was the only form of media that fought back and at least in part held off the people that have to insert agenda into everything. There’s identity politics in every piece of media there is now, but I will resist it in games and complain about it on the internet if they continue to push it. We need some form of escapism free of irl identity politics.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Pony Arts & Prints!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide