Don't blame me, I voted for the other guy. (Politics General)

Zincy
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Wallet After Summer Sale -
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

In Vino Veritas
New revelations show that Trump weilded the DOJ to target his political enemies and the press.

@silbasa

You want to see terrifying Maoist threats to democracy, using your federal enforcement arm to bully and destroy your political rivals, attack the press, and abridge the rights of free citizens. That scares me more than “omg let’s teach about racism”.
Zincy
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -

In Vino Veritas
@silbasa

I don’t really have a problem about teaching the fact that some societal structures propagate systemic prejudice against various groups and individuals, intentionally or unintentionally. Nor do I see a problem with acknowledging the fact that America was founded with a lot of inbuilt racism, we did genocide whole cultures after all.

I think CRT in and of itself is somewhat flawed in its application, and I think it should focus on all marginalized groups and not just groups based on race.

I believe in holistic scholarship that examines every facet of society, including all the bad and ugly bits. Yes, racism still exists, white supremacists still exist and some hold positions of power, yes race relations are still shakey in the US. There is no sense in denying this.

I’d rather it be taught in a different way, but I don’t see this as the downfall of civilization like you do.

I am much more concerned that we had a wannabe dictator that, had he been a tad more intelligent and insidious, could have mortally wounded democracy as we know it.
Dustcan
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Condensed Milk - State-Approved Compensation

Dogs
@Zincy

He went on practically almost every other week about how ‘Obama spied on him during the campaign.’ It turned out to be false, but he still never let it go.

So basically this is another case of “No, U!” news.
Background Human
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

CHS, Class of 20XX
@Zincy  
A bunch of white supremacists tried to overthrow the United States government a few months back, so it’s hard to say we’ve got this whole racism thing licked.
silbasa
Non-Fungible Trixie -

@Zincy  
Your dictator is gone. Your institutions held and their safeguards worked as they were supposed to.

You did genocide entire cultures. You had slaves. But you have created a republic that has moved so far away from that. So much progress has been made. To let these speculative theories lauded as science form the minds of your young will not advance your progress but retard it and even reverse it. History should never be forgotten but the point of remembering it is so the mistakes of the past are not repeated.

Student Equity Ambassador programs and the bias reporting systems. This draws uncanny parallels to countries I prefer not to compare the US to. Your universities have had many of these strange classes for years now and their students are now out in force practicing their craft. I fail to see how this is healthy.
Zincy
Non-Fungible Trixie -

In Vino Veritas
@silbasa

As long as those institutions still propagate prejudice, and as long as shit like white supremacists waving Nazi and Confederate symbols can storm the heart of our democracy, we need to keep it salient.

Teaching about the flaws of our system will encourage students to think critically and, in the future they will rule, endeavor to fix them.

America is far, far from perfect. Democracy is a living creature that should improve over time.
silbasa
Non-Fungible Trixie -

@Zincy  
Nothing is perfect and never will be. Molding all Americans into americans is the way, racism in reverse will only cause further divide.

The principles and rights of your democracy is what makes it so great. Not standing by them will only come back to haunt you. The most pressed ones atm seems to be freedom of speech and the second amendment. Keep them alive and healthy.

These theories are not critical thinking, they are doctrines. Critically thinking students would have rejected this immediately. Here no one asks questions.

As to prevent further stormings, get proper security on site.
Dustcan
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Dogs
Fox News, fascist propaganda outlet, refused to air an ad where Capitol Police condemned the Jan 6 insurrection. Despite them being paid nearly $200,000 for the ad.

Fox News, the outlet that has perhaps been most instrumental in orchestrating the Back the Blue campaign, refused to air an ad that featured Capitol police officers criticizing the Republican politicians who have tried to downplay the events of Jan. 6.

Fox News was one of the loudest voices saying we should “Back the Blue,’’ no matter what they do during the protests against police brutality last year, so one would think that they would be all for airing an ad in support of the officers who put their lives on the line that day, right?
Wrong.
Meidas Touch, the company who produced the ad, has said that the news outlet called them last Friday to tell them that they wouldn’t be airing it. “We couldn’t have fathomed in our wildest imaginations that even a Fox News would reject an ad that simply condemns the insurrection, and condemns people who support the insurrection,” Ben Meiselas, co-founder of Meidas Touch, told the Los Angeles Times. “What Fox has really become is a fascist echo chamber gatekeeper for their base.”

Who knew all Fox News needed to temper its support of law enforcement was cops being critical of a failed insurrection?

So basically, Fox News Cancels police because the police said mean things about Y’all Qaeda.
Background Pony #B58B
@Zincy
It’s odd this does not in any way cause you any concern.
Why should it? Most of the people yelling about the “dangers” of critical race theory are either entirely ignorant of what it actually entails or are actively pushing disinformation to stigmatize it, and treating something primarily taught in law school that broadly discusses the persistence of systemic bias and privilege as if it’s some kind of communist plot to make kids hate themselves and/or America is frankly idiotic.
Dustcan
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Dogs
@Background Pony #B58B  
[bq=”Background Pony #B58B”] @silbasa
make kids hate themselves and/or America is frankly idiotic.
I mean, if learning “racism is bad” makes you hate America then that does not say good things about America’s relationship with race.
Background Pony #1F81
Shouldn’t someone be allowed to hate their country anyway if they don’t agree with it’s politics or culture?
Latecomer

@silbasa  
Because the core message is true and needs teaching. Now, perhaps the actual methods of education still need some refining - but wild backlashes won’t help.
Kolbjorn

Banana
make kids hate themselves and/or America is frankly idiotic.

since when teaching kids whats wrong with their country is hating it? In fact its the opposite: If you love your country you admit what its worng with it and you fight to change it so it can be a better place for EVERYONE. Pretending that your country is perfect and that criticizing it is hating it is leads to fanatical nationalism that the extreme right loves
AaronMk
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Crystal Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Tree of Harmony - Drew someone's OC for the 2022 Community Collab
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Verified Pegasus - Show us your gorgeous wings!
Philomena - For helping others attend the 2021 community collab

Sky funeral
Convinced Critical Race Theory isn’t a thing that exists, like Common Core, and only exists to produce content for Fox News.

I will not only die on this hill but mine the approach so I can be an early Christian Syrian monk on this pillar
silbasa
Non-Fungible Trixie -

@Kolbjorn  
To a point yes. But if what is taught ends up producing people that hate their nation and everything in it this does more harm than good. A common sentiment on the far left now is that America is essentially evil and everything is horrifically wrong with it. CRT is a tool that furthers this narrative. It does not unite people or fix relations, it just makes everything worse. Black people become angry victims and white people become evil self hating oppressors, whether this is actually true or not.
Latecomer

@silbasa  
The raising of awarenes of the problems in America is so that people - especially the next generation - can fix them, not lament them. For this purpose, they should be taught on every level, from elementary school to graduate school.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
KilianKuro Commissions!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide