Don't blame me, I voted for the other guy. (Politics General)

BadgingBadger
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab

💪😎🤜 S🔥W🔥A🔥G 🤛😂👍
@tehwatever  
Well, if there are mechanisms that can be used to indoctrinate children into bullying those who fall out of line, there must be similar mechanisms to teach them how to tolerate and respect these same outliers.
Background Pony #DC9A
I was wondering do you think Puerto Rico might become a state soon? Does anyone know if Biden is working to make that happen? Or will nothing happen?
BadgingBadger

💪😎🤜 S🔥W🔥A🔥G 🤛😂👍
@Background Pony #DC9A  
Puerto Rico is America’s last colony. It’s not a state represented in Washington but not an independent, sovereign country either, effectively getting the worst of both worlds in this.  
The most optimistic solution would be to give it full statehood. Yet over a century of yankee domination has made Puerto Ricans rather bitter over their situation, which could make the island into a hotbed of radical politics against the GOP yet also not too friendly towards the DNC.  
The more realistic solution would be full independence for Puerto Rico, yet independence does not mean freedom from poverty and US meddling, as exemplified by pre-revolutionary Cuba and basically almost every other Central American republic. Apparently a few Puerto Ricans who support this option demand reparations from the colonialist US government.  
They’re therefore stuck at an old impasse. Unless something very serious happens in both the island and the mainland US, Puerto Rico will remain a “commonwealth” for as long as can be predicted.
Background Pony #3853
@BadgingBadger  
I agree that Puerto Rico has gotten a raw end of the deal for a long time now from the US. It’s not even a partisan issue, between their crazy debt load thanks to such a good muni bond deal. Puerto Rico muni bonds were exempt from state, local, and federal debt for all US citizens. That allowed them to take on a ton of debt which of course became a problem down the line. Add on to this other factors like the Jones act, which mandates that the sea transport of cargo between U.S. ports must be performed by vessels that are U.S. built, owned, and crewed. This raises the price of imports into Puerto Rico. Trump temporarily suspended this, though the key word is temporarily, it needs to be permanent. Now this will apply to Puerto Rico whether they are a state or not, but I do think statehood is a more realistic solution. The majority of Puerto Ricans actually support statehood over independence, as evidenced by their 2020 statehood referendum where 52% voted for it. That’s not overwhelming but it is a majority. I think it has more potential then DC statehood which is mired in constitutional and political interests (Democrats want DC as a state so they can get the extra senate seats, Republicans oppose it for the same reason). Plus both party platforms support it, the problem will be if it becomes a real subject will it be politicized? In this toxic environment, probably.
silbasa
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Wallet After Summer Sale -

@BadgingBadger  
Stonewalls being phased out, they are too radical for much of the UK government bodies:

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-57219989  
https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-57281448

Ever tried to discuss these issues with conservative muslims or christians? We had to show them the curriculum several times to get them to back down.

Its essentially what tehwatever talks about here: @tehwatever - you can make a child believe just about anything.

As all western democracies now for the most part have pushed these values for years now and have them inscribed in law, pride is superfluous. The rights campaigned for have been achieved. Now it’s going into overdrive, like Stonewall in the BBC links for instance. They are starting to chew away on democratic rights because they are offended by people with different opinions using them.
Dustcan
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Condensed Milk - State-Approved Compensation

Dogs
In a double whammy of more “No, u!” and “Tucker Carlson continues to go off the deep end trying to find something that’ll stick” news, Notable white supremacist Tucker Carlson now claims that ‘the media’ treats Kamala Harris ‘like a god’.

The RNC made a golden calf of Trump. They literally made an idol of false worship. Not a peep was made from the bible thumping party, but now Tucker is pulling a “Monkey see, Monkey do!” by saying ‘the media’ worships Harris.
BadgingBadger

💪😎🤜 S🔥W🔥A🔥G 🤛😂👍
As all western democracies now for the most part have pushed these values for years now and have them inscribed in law, pride is superfluous. The rights campaigned for have been achieved.

It takes just a little bit of googling and minor research to clarify just how idiotic and disingenuous your statement is, at which point talking to you becomes pointless.  
They are starting to chew away on democratic rights

Whose democratic rights to what? The bourgeoisie’s right to banish LGBT minorities from businesses and vital public services? The school system’s right to erase LGBT history? Parents’ rights to drive LGBT youths to depression and suicide? The prison complex’s right to exploit the slave labor of incarcerated racial minorities and precarized third world immigrants?  
To hell with bourgeois democracy. It is nothing but a rotten structure bent on deceiving, destroying, commodifying and dominating, an outgrowth of an obsolete system that has long lost its progressive character, and if LGBT+ advocacy leads us closer to its demise, then so be it.
BadgingBadger

💪😎🤜 S🔥W🔥A🔥G 🤛😂👍
@silbasa  
Let’s be honest, you do not.  
I don’t even know why i wandered back here in the first place, it’s full of stupid people anyway. So i’ll be heading somewhere else where people actually understand me.
BadgingBadger

💪😎🤜 S🔥W🔥A🔥G 🤛😂👍
Let me make myself clearer: most of you are alright. It’s just that in the thread there’s always one or two guys who know jack shit about what’s being adressed and make everyone else’s experiences worse as a result.
Zincy
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

In Vino Veritas
@BadgingBadger

I get that.

That’s why I only pop in from time to time when I have either something interesting to say, or see something interesting to respond to.
Ereiam
Betrayal! - Betrayed their team for a badge. Shame forever!
Solar Guardian - Refused to surrender in the face of the Lunar rebellion and showed utmost loyalty to the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Fine Arts - Two hundred uploads with a score of over a hundred (Safe/Suggestive)
Perfect Pony Plot Provider - Uploader of 10+ images with 350 upvotes or more (Questionable/Explicit)
Notoriously Divine Tagger - Consistently uploads images above and beyond the minimum tag requirements. And/or additionally, bringing over the original description from the source if the image has one. Does NOT apply to the uploader adding several to a dozen tags after originally uploading with minimum to bare tagging.
Cool Crow - "Caw!" An awesome tagger
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - Organization is important.

Monde de merde
@Zincy  
I try to do the same.

And even then, there are still too many times where taking the effort to dignify their drivel with a reply characterizing it as such feels like it’s wasted on those idiots.
WatermelonRat
Starlight Glimmer - For Patreon supporters
Sunset Shimmer - For Patreon supporters
Solar Hero - Went above and beyond for the Solar Deity, drawing from the power of the sun itself to bring balance to the fight against the Lunar Insurrection (April Fools 2023).
Verified Pegasus - Show us your gorgeous wings!
Ruby - For users who have donated to the site
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
The 1% - Uploaded 1% or more of the site's images
Derpibooru Premium - Learn about the benefits of subscribing to Derpibooru Premium membership at https://derpibo
Perfect Pony Plot Provider - 10+ uploads with over 350 upvotes or more (Questionable/Explicit)

Assistant
Upload King
I still remember all the “VoTe BlUe NoMaTtEr WhO!” slogans during the 2019-2020 elections.
How’s that working out for the party, huh? Sure glad that we didn’t vote by standards, huh?

It’s working a lot better than the alternative. As aggravating as Manchin is, without him, Democrats would be far worse off.
Ereiam
Betrayal! - Betrayed their team for a badge. Shame forever!
Solar Guardian - Refused to surrender in the face of the Lunar rebellion and showed utmost loyalty to the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Fine Arts - Two hundred uploads with a score of over a hundred (Safe/Suggestive)
Perfect Pony Plot Provider - Uploader of 10+ images with 350 upvotes or more (Questionable/Explicit)
Notoriously Divine Tagger - Consistently uploads images above and beyond the minimum tag requirements. And/or additionally, bringing over the original description from the source if the image has one. Does NOT apply to the uploader adding several to a dozen tags after originally uploading with minimum to bare tagging.
Cool Crow - "Caw!" An awesome tagger
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - Organization is important.

Monde de merde
@Dustcan  
I wish the US could have a democracy where people are elected because they are actually competent, not because the other side is even worse…
Kazapsky

Five scoops of ice cream
@Ereiam

That’s kinda been democracy’s schtick from day one.

“It has been said that Democracy is the worst form of government except all those other forms that have been tried from time to time.” - Winston Churchill
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Ponies Online! - April 13-14

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide