Don't blame me, I voted for the other guy. (Politics General)

CaptainXtra
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).

STOP KOSA!
Between Gaetz’s seemingly imminent downfall and Rudy’s probe possibly including some shit that could get Orange Man in legal trouble…

Will this lead to MAGA’s section of the Republican Party being crippled/demoralized to some degree?
Dustcan
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Condensed Milk - State-Approved Compensation

Dogs
@CaptainXtra

I’ve spent 4 years hearing about how this scandal will finally be the one to do in the orange illiterate.

It’s all white noise at this point unless he’s finally wearing a jumpsuit that matches his bad tan.

full

Meanwhile, approximately 35 million Americans - around 10% of the population - is considered “food insecure”.
igotnopicks
Thread Starter - Splatoon thread

Monado User
Between Gaetz’s seemingly imminent downfall and Rudy’s probe possibly including some shit that could get Orange Man in legal trouble…
Will this lead to MAGA’s section of the Republican Party being crippled/demoralized to some degree?

I don’t think it’ll be demoralized I think it would get the Republicans to see what they did wrong.
Background Pony #99CC
@Dustcan  
I honestly cannot tell if either this kid made that sign, if her parents made that sign, or if her parents told her to make that sign.
Background Pony #99CC
@Kolbjorn

@tehwatever  
If any individual wants to partake in eating insects of any kind, in accordance with their own will—without being forced to do so, then that’s fine.

This just means that nobody should ever be forced to eat any particular kind of object that isn’t necessarily, conventionally food, by either half—or the majority of—the world’s standards, regardless of whether or not being forced to do so is against their will, at all.
Background Human
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

CHS, Class of 20XX
@Kolbjorn  
Oof. I thought they were bragging about how many missiles they were shooting off. Turns out they were trying to make a point about the number of rockets coming their way. Probably should have led with that.

In any case, I thought they had that whole swanky-ass Iron Dome shit. It’d be more honest to put an ❌ for each rocket successfully shot down.
Background Pony #99CC
I haven’t seen any new posts in this thread from Violet Rose over these past couple of weeks.

…Has she been banned, recently, or…?
Background Pony #99CC
@Ebalosus  
Well, at least in 2001, absolute bullshit like this or this wasn’t really thing.

And on that note, neither I—nor anyone I knew of, back then, that was the same age as me (a toddler), or was an older kid, teenager, or an adult (especially a young adult), regardless of what race they are, Turned out to be anything of the sort of what those people who are purporting that bullshit as being real.
tehwatever
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends.

@Background Pony #99CC  
I think you’re getting it backwards.

Majority of the world has had experienced eating bugs. The premodern world was no stranger to grubs, except in the Fertile Crescent (Mediterranean Sea to Persian Gulf. Nile River to Tigris and Euphrates river) where Agriculture may have originated from, because in that place, large terrestrial mammals with great yield are found aplenty, and fruits and veggies are grown year round.

Hunter-gatherer communities like the Americas and Australia eat insect, until agriculture made their way to them, and many still keep that tradition alive, like Kolbjorn says.

IMO you’re just projecting “modern western” sensibilities globally because entomophagy isn’t THAT weird of a thing culturally and historically speaking, so NO, this ain’t some Left Progressive stuff.

However, the push for entomphagy in The Modern West could be left-progressive.
Background Pony #99CC
I know I’m over 6 months late on this, but I think this is some really good news to everyone who truly values freedom of speech and freedom of expression, and the people who are in any way opposed to this can cope, for all I care.
Background Pony #99CC
@tehwatever  
Again, “modern Western values” or not, no-one should ever be forced to eat insects—or any specific type of food that they absolutely do not want to eat, for that matter—unless, in the case of insects they volunteer to be in some type of hardcore military bootcamp, and in the case of any other edible foodstuffs, is all they have to eat.
Background Pony #99CC
@CaptainXtra  
Well, considering that the pandemic has been greatly running down (and declining) in Texas, it doesn’t really seem like much of a big shocker that Abbott would push for this to happen, at some point.

Because of this, I’m not entirely sure if calling him a POS for this particular thing would be entirely accurate, much-less appropriate.
tehwatever
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends.

@Background Pony #99CC

That’s kinda the default attitude for everything. I dont see one body mandating the consumption of bugs. Not one. why the f you even went on a moral soapbox preaching freedom of choice is beyond me.

Even your 3 meals a day, processed sugar for breakfast american kind of diets have all been suggestions that I dont even follow.

Why you even make a big deal out of it like your identity is under attack or something?
Kazapsky

Five scoops of ice cream
@Ereiam

Standard Hamas tactic: plant your rocket launchers in the middle of civilian habitat so Israel can’t shoot at them without collateral damage you can wave in the world’s face to paint them as the villains.

Helps a lot that people are dumb enough to keep forgetting that Hamas’ end goal is genocide, and they really don’t give a shit if it’s them pulling it off or someone else they provoke into doing it for them.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Techy Cutie Pony Collection!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide