Don't blame me, I voted for the other guy. (Politics General)

silbasa
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Wallet After Summer Sale -

It was not always like this. In ages past it was possible to have a discussion. The two sides in western countries were not as far apart in the past. Then we entered the current era of hyper offensiveness, political correctness and identity politics. Debate is no longer possible on many subjects and any attempts to talk quickly evolves into a metaphorical fecal matter slinging championship in minutes. Hyper toxicity and personal attacks are methods of our time. The subversion of democracy runs deep.
AaronMk
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Crystal Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Tree of Harmony - Drew someone's OC for the 2022 Community Collab
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Verified Pegasus - Show us your gorgeous wings!
Philomena - For helping others attend the 2021 community collab
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.

Sky funeral
It was not always like this. In ages past it was possible to have a discussion. The two sides in western countries were not as far apart in the past. Then we entered the current era of hyper offensiveness, political correctness and identity politics. Debate is no longer possible on many subjects and any attempts to talk quickly evolves into a metaphorical fecal matter slinging championship in minutes. Hyper toxicity and personal attacks are methods of our time. The subversion of democracy runs deep.

full

In respect to the ancient rights and duties of the Zhou dynasty, Qin Shi Huan negotiated an astounding deal to the Chinese feudal aristocracy where they give up much of their feudal privledges in exchange for a meritocratic system of government that would stand for thousands of years, and in which the best of the children of the ancient dukes will rise according to their ability.

full

Charlemagne, recognizing the lack of moderation in Europe, asserts respect and dignity in the post-Roman landscape to set Europe on the course to modernism at its own pace, within the well respected rules and guidelines he set forth, initiating a thousand years Carolingian Renaissance that will not spill a drop of Lombard blood.

full

Lord Protector Oliver “Based” Cromwell politely discusses the end of Right of Kings with Charles I, permanently ending the dispute between the Crown and Parliament, and bringing peace to Ireland

full

The French National Assembly sends King Louis to the time-out corner over a heated gamer moment. Things will be all good and the Bourbon Dynasty will be restored peacefully.

full

The aftermath of a moderated debate in Gettysburg, Pennsylvania where the Union Army convinces the Confederate Petty-Aristocracy to forego slavery and for Northern Industrialists and finance run the Dixie economy peacefully for fifty years.

full

Coal Miners preparing to respectfully debate the National Guard, thereby paving the way for the four-hour day, twenty hour week, sixty-nine dollar an hour work plan

full

In a riveting speech, Lenin convinces the Romanov family to retire to an estate in Siberia so that Russia may become a modern, developed nation.

full

At a rally in Washington DC, MLK declades, “Live, Laugh, Love” and ends 3,000,000,000 years of racism and colonial exploitation within America, and around the world

full

Members of the Stonewall Inn Protest movement echo MLK and declare, “Live, Laugh, Love” and end 3,000,000,000 years of sexuality and gender-based discrimination
Background Pony #7E8D
@kleptomage  
And if at any point (regarding any one or more aspect(s) of it), if he is right and your sarcastic response is actually—in any way—the unironic truth, are you gonna complain?
Background Pony #7E8D
@AaronMk  
I think it’s possible that silbasa meant “in recent years, prior to the mid-2010s”, and within his own lifetime (i.e. late 80’s, 90’s 2000’s and early 2010’s), rather than thorough all of human history, but I could be wrong—although his comments about a time where dialog could exist more easily are actually not that far off, in terms of their accuracy.
Ereiam
Betrayal! - Betrayed their team for a badge. Shame forever!
Solar Guardian - Refused to surrender in the face of the Lunar rebellion and showed utmost loyalty to the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Fine Arts - Two hundred uploads with a score of over a hundred (Safe/Suggestive)
Perfect Pony Plot Provider - Uploader of 10+ images with 350 upvotes or more (Questionable/Explicit)
Notoriously Divine Tagger - Consistently uploads images above and beyond the minimum tag requirements. And/or additionally, bringing over the original description from the source if the image has one. Does NOT apply to the uploader adding several to a dozen tags after originally uploading with minimum to bare tagging.
Cool Crow - "Caw!" An awesome tagger
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - Organization is important.
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

Monde de merde
@AaronMk
I think it’s possible that silbasa meant “in recent years, prior to the mid-2010s”, and within his own lifetime (i.e. late 80’s, 90’s 2000’s and early 2010’s), rather than thorough all of human history, but I could be wrong—although his comments about a time where dialog could exist more easily are actually not that far off, in terms of their accuracy.

You mean in the years when neoliberalism reigned supreme and Francis Fukuyama hastily predicted “the end of history”?

Did you know that it was in the early 90s that “political correctness” became a mainstream term (when previously it used to be a leftist in-joke)?

Also, if you believe the era of the War on Terror wasn’t a polarizing one, then you’re either too young to remember or have a poor memory.
AaronMk
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Crystal Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Tree of Harmony - Drew someone's OC for the 2022 Community Collab
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Verified Pegasus - Show us your gorgeous wings!
Philomena - For helping others attend the 2021 community collab
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.

Sky funeral
@AaronMk

full  
The State of António de Oliveira Salazar continued indefinitely and retook Angola

full

Air traffic controllers demand slightly more respect. The Reagan presidency obliges and honors the agreement and does not disband the union by force

full

LA Residents and LA Police and County Sheriffs engage in a community wide water balloon fight after mild disputes arise over a brief rough housing episode involving Rodney King

full

Russian Democracy is advanced to the supporting applause of America. No tanks were used in this celebration

full

With international recognition, the US moderates Serbian-Croatian-Bosnian discussions

full

Ronald Reagan swiftly responds to the AIDS crisis and there totally was not a genocide of the LGB-community as part of the government’s purposeful inaction that does not continue until today

full

We have had appropriate discussions and there is no systemic neglect found

full

It is impolite to ever say this man lead to the death of millions

full

This man too

full

Nothing happened here, no one who lead the nothing was absorbed into the Party.
Background Pony #9659
@silbasa  
Ah yes, before “the left” got “triggered” by Trump and “SJWs” took over with their “woke cancel culture”, there was no real political strife and Conservatives repeatedly proved stupid lefists and their crazy beliefs wrong with Facts and Logic.

Meanwhile in America immediately after Obama won the election

full  
full  
full  
full  
full  
full

And let’s not forget that Republicans spent half of Clinton’s presidency trying to get him kicked out of office over getting a blowjob and reacted like it was the end of democracy in America that he could remain in office for such a vile offense. Meanwhile allegations of Trump outright boasting about sexual assault on TV, admitting to creeping on naked underage girls, paying prostitutes for sex while married, and coercing foreign nations to make-up dirt against political opponents was all “a nothingburger”, “fake news”, “liberal tears”, “in like with Christian Conservatives values”.

Damn those evil leftists!
Background Pony #7E8D
@Background Human  
So is it safe to wonder if or if not the consensus among you and many others in this thread—regarding silbasa’s latest comment—is that aspiring towards making headway on the ability to have a discussion without getting violent over it is ultimately not the way to go, or…?
Background Pony #9659
@Background Pony #7E8D  
The consensus is he’s bankrupting the local circus by hoarding all the clown makeup.

Everything is “the left’s” fault, every first stone was thrown by “the left”, it’s “the left” that’s lead to the “current climate”.

It’d be great if people were better at talking things out and reaching common ground, but that will never be possible so long as people just outright deny reality and paint a picture of the world that never existed to heavily benefit one “side”.
Background Pony #7E8D
@Background Pony #9659  
You do realize that just because idiots on one side of the political spectrum are doing stupid shit like that, doesn’t mean that the other side of the political spectrum doesn’t have any idiots that are doing shit that is really not any better than what you are showing here, right?

…Or is that a fact of which until now, you had just genuinely no idea that it exists, whatsoever?
Background Pony #9659
@Background Pony #9659
You do realize that just because idiots on one side of the political spectrum are doing stupid shit like that, doesn’t mean that the other side of the political spectrum doesn’t have any idiots that are doing shit that is really not any better than what you are showing here, right?
…Or is that a fact of which until now, you had just genuinely no idea that it exists, whatsoever?

Congratulations on getting the entire point of my post.

full
Penguin Dragneel
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Thread Starter - Weeb Wars: The Anime Controversy Thread
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
Artist -
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Wallet After Summer Sale -

The Latest Tax Write-Off
@Ereiam  
The only reason things seemed to be civil back then was because of moral guardians censoring anything remotely progressive, meaning many people didn’t know about the other side.
Background Pony #7E8D
@Ereiam  
I have yet to see any actual, indisputable evidence that it wasn’t—in certain respects, at least—more “civil” back then, so maybe what you’re saying here would make more sense if such evidence does exist.

(And no, I am not saying such evidence doesn’t exist, I am saying that I have yet to see any such evidence, myself, which is why I am not coming to a conclusion on it, yet.)
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Champions of Equestria

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide