Don't blame me, I voted for the other guy. (Politics General)

Ebalosus
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Silver Bit -
Sapphire -
Happy Derpy! -
Bronze Supporter -
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

Build commie blocks!
@Zincy

Yep, and is one of the reasons I roll my eyes at the whole Snowden is a traitor! thing, because Snowden didn’t work for the NSA, he worked for a contractor. The only people he betrayed was his employers.

Hell, Manning is more of a traitor than Snowden, because she was in the military when she sent all that stuff to our mate Assange.
NitroFury
Lunar Guardian - Earned a place among the ranks of the most loyal New Lunar Republic soldiers (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Thread Starter - Horseplay
Artist -

Nitro Cat Bad!
Derek Chauvin’s defense attorney files motions to throw out guilty verdict, seeks new trial [KARE 11]

Chauvin juror defends participation in Washington, DC protest [KARE 11]

So, we all know that Derek Chauvin is guilty of all charges. Well, thank’s to one of jurors, Brandon Mitchell, decided to go on national TV to open his big mouth, and a surfaced photo of him wearing a BLM shirt at a some sort protest in Washington DC. There’s a likelihood of a retrial being being filed by Chauvin’s defense attorney.

In other words, he done fucked up the verdict.
Background Pony #7E8D
I think I can safely say that as someone who is neither a conservative, nor is necessarily right-wing, alt-right, “alt-lite”, and/or far-right, overall, both politically, socially, economically, etc., this new comic posted by StoneToss (of whom there is still no actual proof that he is actually, indisputably a Nazi) once again cements his reputation as someone who, in most cases that I have seen so far (and there’s a pretty good amount of them that I have, believe me), consistently never misses.

He is right on the money, regarding what people who are most-often liberal or leftist typically appear to think of people sporting Confederate memorabilia, even though they may not actually know such people who are sporting such memorabilia, personally, as in what they are as a person—and more importantly, whether or not they are actually, truly racist—which is where they seem to automatically assume shit about said people, rather than actually finding out who they really are as people, which is indeed a major part of the key underlying commentary of this comic, here.

This shitstorm has been ongoing since 2015, and practically no one has ever appeared to shed any light on this important issue within the discourse surrounding people who sport Confederate symbolism that claim to not actually be racist, and are only trying to repurpose/rebrand/reappropriate such symbolism, memorabilia, and/or imagery in a way that—in their point of view, at least—isn’t actually racist, pro-slavery, anti-black, and/or a white supremacist, and/or how they should be viewed.
Ereiam
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Betrayal! - Betrayed their team for a badge. Shame forever!
Solar Guardian - Refused to surrender in the face of the Lunar rebellion and showed utmost loyalty to the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Fine Arts - Two hundred uploads with a score of over a hundred (Safe/Suggestive)
Perfect Pony Plot Provider - Uploader of 10+ images with 350 upvotes or more (Questionable/Explicit)
Notoriously Divine Tagger - Consistently uploads images above and beyond the minimum tag requirements. And/or additionally, bringing over the original description from the source if the image has one. Does NOT apply to the uploader adding several to a dozen tags after originally uploading with minimum to bare tagging.
Cool Crow - "Caw!" An awesome tagger
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - Organization is important.

Monde de merde
@Background Pony #7E8D  
That’s not how reappropriation works. Try to reappropriate the swastika: no matter how much you’d claim it is supposed to reference its original hinduist or buddhist symbolism, people are gonna give you the stink eye, if not outright try to kick your head in (not to mention the props you’ll get from the Proud Boys instead).

There are better symbols to defend than the battle flag of a short-lived seditious state formed for the express purpose of maintaining slavery as an institution.
Background Pony #7E8D
@NitroFury  
Well, that’s just a complete load of horseshit on the part of the defense attorney, if I ever saw one.

Now, I may not be, in any way, pro-BLM (the movement and organization, at least), pro-ACAB, pro-Antifa, pro “Defund-the-Police”, pro “Abolish the Police”, pro “huwhite supremacy, “huwhiteness”, and (according to their assumption-based, generalization-based, Maoist, unfounded, non-indisputably-proven-to-be-objectively-true, fallacy-ridden, contrived, and sophist-as-hell definition of the following word outside of the parentheses that is laden with piss-poor semantics and woefully inadequate rationale/driving philosophy behind it, at least) “racism” is sTiLL SyStEmIc AnD InStItUtIoNaLiZeD iN aMeRiCa”, pro “Abolish ICE”, or any of the far-right versions of all those combined piles of absolute tripe that I just mentioned, and never have been any of them, to begin with—even before what happened to George Floyd.

And yet regardless, I still know for an absolute fact—along with practically every sane and rational human being on the planet, regardless of individual, personal political leanings/inclinations—that Derek Chauvin unquestionably murdered Floyd in cold blood for utterly zero justifiable reason, right on the spot, and that he absolutely deserves to have his sorry-ass thrown in jail for it.

THAT is completely out of the question, and this goddamn defense attorney is doing nothing to help the situation, at all.
vit
The End wasn't The End - For those that found a new home

@NitroFury  
Would it even be possible to get an unbiased jury at this point?

Everyone on the planet knows what he did and already formed an opinion about him. The videos are clear.

This claim of misconduct is basically a dogwhistle for “of course Chauvin was fucked, because there were black people on the jury.” Which other people on the right-wing promoted mask off, using basically the same framing as that piece.  
It’s a twisted logic of trying to bar anyone who has ever protested for civil rights, from being on a jury about the someone’s civil rights being disregarded in the worst manner possible.
Zincy
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab

In Vino Veritas
@Kiryu-Chan

In a manner of speaking.

Fun fact, Prager has a little satellite office down the road from where I live. I almost applied there for fun to see if they’d hire me.
Background Pony #7EFA
@Background Pony #7E8D  
It’s his job, as the defense attorney, to defend his client. Everyone is entitled to it. His job is not to “help” the situation, it’s to defend Chauvin and this is what he is doing.
NitroFury
Lunar Guardian - Earned a place among the ranks of the most loyal New Lunar Republic soldiers (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Thread Starter - Horseplay
Artist -

Nitro Cat Bad!
@KikkoMan

@Kiryu-Chan  
Pretty much

And yet, these Conservative Reactionary pundits on YouTube and Twitter still find them as “credible”, even when their credibility is nonexistent and still demonizes the Left.
Background Pony #7EFA
@Background Pony #7E8D  
Ok, yeah the juror was an idiot, and contrary to what

@vit

thinks, no it isn’t a dogwhistle. Their was of course going to be a filing like this after the verdict, that’s expected. The juror gave ammo to the defense since he had been specifically asked if he had been a part of any george floyd protests and said no. I don’t know what exactly they look at when deciding this but their is nothing underhanded going on, this is the legal system.
Vivace
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Artist -

“ShimSham my GlimGlams”
@Zincy  
A healthy tree doesn’t bear strange fruit.

This is what Blue Lives Matter folks are defending whether they realize it or not.
Background Human
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

CHS, Class of 20XX
@Ereiam  
In 2010, NBA legend Michael Jordan tried to take back the toothbrush mustache, a.k.a. the Hitler mustache.

You will notice that we don’t call it the Jordan mustache.

@vit  
You’re allowed to protest for civil rights. You’re not allowed to lie about it on a jury questionnaire.

And that’s where things get tricky. He was specifically asked, “[H]ave you, or anyone close to you, participated in protests about police use of force or police brutality?” He said no. He did attend the “Get Your Knee Off Our Necks” March in Washington. And despite the name, it wasn’t specifically about police brutality. It was a generalized black civil rights… thing… on the anniversary of the March on Washington. Y’know, Al Sharpton’s bread and butter. But police reform was a part of it. So… was he lying? And is it enough to toss the verdict, as agreed to by eleven other peers?

I would hope not. But police accountability is rarely the place for optimism.
Background Pony #7E8D
Try to reappropriate the swastika: no matter how much you’d claim it is supposed to reference its original hinduist or buddhist symbolism, people are gonna give you the stink eye, if not outright try to kick your head in (not to mention the props you’ll get from the Proud Boys instead).

Guess these Hindus and Buddhists in India will have to watch out, then. 🤷‍♂️
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Ministry of Image - Fanfiction Printing

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide