Don't blame me, I voted for the other guy. (Politics General)

Background Pony #9659
@Ereiam  
https://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-china-56963996”:Backlash after China Weibo post mocks India Covid crisis

Official Chinese government account posted an image comparing the fires of China’s latest rocket booster going to space, and the fires of open air cremations in India due to the overflow of deaths from covid-19 (“Lighting a fire in China VS lighting a fire in India.”).

Image shows dead bodies so I’d rather not hotlink.

This should come as no surprise; nationalists don’t see people of other nations as really being people, particularly when they’re also of other races, so their deaths are more useful as political props than as something to care about.
MethidMan
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Artist -

PragerU targeting kindergarteners

full

Dear god, this is alarming… We had thought that all we had to do was wait for the bigots to die out, that right-winged philosophy was an outdated mindset that dominated only older generations…but honestly, I always knew of the possibility of such an ideology to be passed on to younger generations, and this just confirms it…

And I lay the blame on Gamergate. Gamergate really radicalized younger people into joining the right. I wish Gamergate never fuckin’ happened…
silbasa
Pixel Perfection - Hot Pockets Spotted
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition

@KikkoMan  
That seems perfectly healthy and normal. I can’t see anything scary or wrong here. Kids are taught America and american values is something special is now a bad thing?

Gamergate happened because the left pushed too far into places it should never have gone. You let sjws set the agenda that’s what you get, everything becomes political.
Ebalosus
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Silver Bit -
Sapphire -
Happy Derpy! -
Bronze Supporter -
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

Build commie blocks!
@CaptainXtra

Possibly. I see it more as shitbag IP lobbies being the shitbag rent-seekers that they are. Any major IP reform, or even the threat of IP reform leads to them screaming to Washington that any changes that may benefit the common person will “irrevocably damage their industry and put 80 million Americans out of work!”

I see it come up a lot in right-to-repair efforts, something near and dear to me (I’m an independent Apple technician), and a lot of the same BS is thrown around against it, with the last refuge (of the IP scoundrels) being “we don’t care about first-sale doctrine, it’s our product and our IP-protected work so you can’t do anything we don’t approve of!”
tehwatever
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends.

I just can’t trust PragerU in general. It’s like asking a known scam artist to manage a newbie’s money. Sure the scam artist would have enough business-finance know-how to teach a complete newbie the basics, but what if they’re just grooming the newbie’s account info something the scam artist can exploit?
tehwatever
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends.

@KikkoMan  
Scummy move, really. Calling themselves a University so impressionable ppl be like “oh it’s a university so it’s all smart people and official and stuff” like QUIT IT.

That’s a grifter move! That’s a GURU move.
MethidMan
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Artist -

@tehwatever  
Tell that to Kielbasa who thinks it’s “perfectly healthy and normal”. It’s bad enough they con college-aged kids into thinking it’s a legit educational institution, but fuckin’ 5-year-olds? They’re literally scamming little kids!
Ereiam
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Betrayal! - Betrayed their team for a badge. Shame forever!
Solar Guardian - Refused to surrender in the face of the Lunar rebellion and showed utmost loyalty to the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Fine Arts - Two hundred uploads with a score of over a hundred (Safe/Suggestive)
Perfect Pony Plot Provider - Uploader of 10+ images with 350 upvotes or more (Questionable/Explicit)
Notoriously Divine Tagger - Consistently uploads images above and beyond the minimum tag requirements. And/or additionally, bringing over the original description from the source if the image has one. Does NOT apply to the uploader adding several to a dozen tags after originally uploading with minimum to bare tagging.
Cool Crow - "Caw!" An awesome tagger
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - Organization is important.

Monde de merde
@KikkoMan  
Especially coming from the guy who never misses an opportunity to criticize “woke indoctrination” at every turn.  
Right-winger propagandists literally attempting to indoctrinate children? Doesn’t bat an eye. Shows how far he’s gone.
tehwatever
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -

@Ereiam  
To be fair to him, he’s only saying “look at the message, not the messenger” because that would make PragerU’s shadiness irrelevant to the discussion.

Which why his point still stands: there wasnt anything particularly too alarming in PragerU’s videos for kids. The message was good and it aint doing no harm.

But we all kinda say that initially to ppl who eventually get caught grooming kids, don’t we?
silbasa
Non-Fungible Trixie -

@KikkoMan  
That channel is progressive and Prager is conservative. Nothing Prager says in there is wrong imo. The parts about boys and schools for instance. It’s like a conservative Southern Poverty Law center of sorts. Countering hyper progressivism is a good thing.

@KikkoMan  
Maybe they should change the name then. Again nothing I see here seems to be far right or extreme. Very standard traditional conservatives no?

https://www.prageru.com/
Zincy
Non-Fungible Trixie -

In Vino Veritas
@lonewolf

Fun fact, we already do this.

A lot of surveillance ops and tech is ran by, and through, govie contractors. With a lot of the scalped data ending up in the hands of the private sector for various reasons.

In fact, a lot of what the government does is done through 3rd party contractors.
Dustcan
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Condensed Milk - State-Approved Compensation

Dogs
@silbasa

I once sat through a 5 minute PragerU ad (for a 50 second long Minecraft vid, mind) where they swore up and down that America is not a racist country and it’s just the woke culture lying to you. Their evidence? The standard canned crap about how “We fought a war to end slavery!” We also fought a war to keep slavery. or “We elected a black man president!” and, just talking about the presidency alone since that’s the only qualifier determining racism apparently, the response to that was one of our two political parties going off the deep end, trading their racist dogwhistles for racist bullhorns, and then electing Donald Trump right after., etc.

Everything Prager says is wrong. It’s entire shtick is to gaslight in service of the status quo.
NitroFury
Lunar Guardian - Earned a place among the ranks of the most loyal New Lunar Republic soldiers (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Thread Starter - Horseplay
Artist -

Nitro Cat Bad!
Reminder, when someone say PregarU is “quoting facts”, just laugh at them and remind them how stupid they are. Cause PregarU keeps lying about things that these clowns have no idea what they’re talking about.
NitroFury
Lunar Guardian - Earned a place among the ranks of the most loyal New Lunar Republic soldiers (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Thread Starter - Horseplay
Artist -

Nitro Cat Bad!
You know what’s funny? Every time you see some Right Wing Pundits on Twitter say “STOP CRITICAL RACE THEORY AND DEFEND WESTERN CIVILIZATION”, completely unaware that the “Western Civilization” is just the big shopping, which is the United States.
silbasa
Non-Fungible Trixie -

@Dustcan  
@NitroFury  
@Penguin Dragneel

I watched some videos there. It seems like very standard republican/conservative values. Nothing insane that makes people into nazis. (Unless you consider people like Ben Shapiro to be that.) What you are repeating here is the leftys loopy loops they have made to make you think everything is wrong :)
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Pony Arts & Prints!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide