Don't blame me, I voted for the other guy. (Politics General)

Background Pony #9659
@Dustcan
I dunno I was told by the Dems last year that travel bans are racist.

Which dem? And what did they say? Any quotes from someone of note?

Did they really say something like “Trump banning travel to countries afflicted by the virus is racist”?

Or was it more like “Trump repeatedly calling it the ‘china virus’ and using the virus to further push the wall is racist?”, something that pundits morphed into “Dems say Trump’s travel bans are racist” (because Travel bans were the only thing Trump did for the first half of the pandemic)?
Dustcan
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Condensed Milk - State-Approved Compensation

Dogs
Matt Gaetz is going on an ‘America First’ tour. With Qanon Karen.

Frankly I don’t know who’s the bigger tool in this one. PizzaGaetz is all but confirmed to be a pedophilic sex trafficker, and the Qultist had already been under fire a week or so back for trying to create an “America First” caucus…and then spent the next several days being crazy as she denied ever wanted to create it.

PizzaGaetz is definitely the more reprehensible of the 2, but c’mon. Qties only have one belief: everyone and everything is somehow linked to a secret pedophile ring. But when she finally finds one her first act is “Let’s go on a date!”
Background Pony #7EFA
@Background Pony #9659  
I don’t save random posts to be used a year later, but I do know Biden tweeted right after the travel ban calling him a xenophobe. Of course he’ll claim it doesn’t apply to the travel ban but if you buy that you’re a sucker.
Background Pony #9659
@Background Pony #9659
I don’t save random posts to be used a year later, but I do know Biden tweeted right after the travel ban calling him a xenophobe. Of course he’ll claim it doesn’t apply to the travel ban but if you buy that you’re a sucker.

That very conveniently ignores how Biden and everyone else on the “left” was calling Trump a xenophobe every single day since he announced he was running back in 2015.
Background Pony #4EAE
@Background Pony #9659
The exact statement Biden made was, “We are in the midst of a crisis with the coronavirus. We need to lead the way with science — not Donald Trump’s record of hysteria, xenophobia, and fear-mongering. He is the worst possible person to lead our country through a global health emergency.” And ignoring for a moment that he was absolutely 100% correct about that, as Snopes pointed out, “it’s unclear whether Biden was specifically referencing Trump’s travel restriction on China, as Trump has claimed.” And considering that Trump continually demonstrated that he was incapable of discussing COVID without engaging in racist rhetoric, there is every reason to believe Biden’s comment was in regards to his overall behavior.

But hey, if you want a politician who did flat out call Trump a xenophobe, and didn’t just refer to his behavior as xenophobic, you can always call on Senator Lindsey Graham, who called called Trump a “race-baiting xenophobic bigot,” back in 2015.
Zincy
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

In Vino Veritas
The “they’ll just cut hours and fire more/hire less” criticism of wage increases ignores the fact that there exists a floor to that.

Companies can only “slim down” so much before they collapse under their own weight/customer loss. A big box store might talk a big game about what will happen, and how they’ll go down to a skeleton crew, but when customers stop showing up because only one lane is open during rush they’ll change their tune.

There’s a golden rule of organizational research that companies keep ignoring. That downsizing is only a bandaid, not a strategy. It’s meant for fast turnarounds when a company is about to go under, it’s not meant to be a longterm strategy for growth. There’s only so much downsizing you can do, and the returns diminish quick.
doloresbridge
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition

Peace to all
@NitroFury  
Haven’t seen it, but being establishment GOPish it wouldn’t surprise me, though what I have seen of him in the past I have considered him a pretty strong speaker.

@NitroFury  
So much weird and fishy stuff is around that. I honestly wonder if Matt Gaetz is partly being setting up like he said, though that don’t make him innocent just not trustful of his “wingman” word being fully acurate or true either.  
MIAMI — Matt Gaetz’s former girlfriend has told friends she’s worried that the woman who is key to the federal government’s sex-crimes investigation tried to get her to incriminate the Florida lawmaker on a recorded call.
The revelation raises the possibility that federal prosecutors have two top cooperating witnesses: the woman who was an alleged sex-trafficking victim when she was a minor and the Gaetz associate already indicted for that crime, former Seminole County Tax Collector Joel Greenberg.
Until now, there were signs the alleged sex-trafficking victim was not cooperating with federal authorities. In August, prior to Greenberg’s sex-trafficking indictment, Greenberg said in a WhatsApp chat with another friend that he was paying for her attorney at the time and that she was resistant to cooperating with investigators.
Gaetz’s former girlfriend has played a bit role in the unfolding public drama — she is the woman who sent the lawmaker a nude video of her performing a hula hoop dance that he showed to other members of Congress.
But two of her friends, who declined to be identified publicly because of the sensational nature of the case, say she now suspects she was being set up when the alleged victim and another woman involved in the case called her to discuss the lawmaker in what she fears might have been a recorded conference call. The call took place sometime after Greenberg was indicted for the sex crime in August.

The alleged victim in the sex-trafficking case had turned 18 almost nine months before the Bahamas trip. But Gaetz has acknowledged he’s the subject of a federal investigation into whether he had improper involvement with her as a 17-year-old.

At least it maybe not child sex trafficking now…

I do think it is possible that Joel Greenburg is trying to dump a lot of blame on Matt Gaetz for the stuff he was up to as a way to get leniency with federal authorities, perhaps even setting up Matt Gaetz in some way if the investigation had much earlier, though that would be getting a little ahead of myself. Regardless, this scenario still leaves him scummy and only maybe slightly less guilty.

@Dustcan  
Pizzagate, that’s a clever nickname, LOL, even if I still find the details around this too murky.

@Backgroundpony  
That was still horrible though.
Background Pony #1F81
Kansas lawmaker Mark Samsel arrested and fined after assaulting and harassing high school students during role as substitute teacher

“Highlights” include:

>Insulting and trying to talk a kid into suicide becuase he’s adopted and has lesbian parents “Becuase God is upset with you”  
>Assaulting a student by kicking him in the crotch and trying to force other students to beat him up too  
>Yelling to students about God and how they will face “God’s wrath”  
>Trying to get high school students to talk about their masturbation habits and trying to get them all to procreate becuase “It feels good”

What makes this even wrose is that these weren’t just spur of the moment type things, he himself admitted t having all these things planned out.
CaptainXtra
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).

STOP KOSA!
Anyway, I’ll take a brief break from getting pissed at the EU.

Back to Murica…

So word is that Trump’s old cronies are possibly in deep shit right now.

Question is, how much shit and will it stick to them?
Dustcan
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Condensed Milk - State-Approved Compensation

Dogs
@CaptainXtra

The US President is wishy washy on waiving covid vaccine patent penalties…which of course means the side effect maintaining the status quo where generic brand vaccines can’t be made.

Yes this is Late Stage Capitalism at work.
CaptainXtra

STOP KOSA!
And now back to the EU…

Word is that the CJEU will deliver its ruling in the YouTube case on June 22.

This isn’t the court case about whether Article 17 is compatible with fundamental rights, this one is about whether YouTube is already liable for copyright infringement.

YouTube did win it’s case on the issue of Copyright Infringement against Viacom back in the day but I’m not sure how different things will fly over there…
Ereiam
Betrayal! - Betrayed their team for a badge. Shame forever!
Solar Guardian - Refused to surrender in the face of the Lunar rebellion and showed utmost loyalty to the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Fine Arts - Two hundred uploads with a score of over a hundred (Safe/Suggestive)
Perfect Pony Plot Provider - Uploader of 10+ images with 350 upvotes or more (Questionable/Explicit)
Notoriously Divine Tagger - Consistently uploads images above and beyond the minimum tag requirements. And/or additionally, bringing over the original description from the source if the image has one. Does NOT apply to the uploader adding several to a dozen tags after originally uploading with minimum to bare tagging.
Cool Crow - "Caw!" An awesome tagger
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - Organization is important.
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

Monde de merde
@Flutter_Lover  
While I see where you’re coming from, you should edit your post to make it clear that the video you linked is about China mocking India’s COVID crisis, otherwise this is considered blind linking.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Techy Cutie Pony Collection!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide