Don't blame me, I voted for the other guy. (Politics General)

Background Human
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

CHS, Class of 20XX
@Dustcan  
I think when he says “you’ll get what they got”, he’s referring to the northern states, not the protesters. There’s an assumption among conservatives that people move down here to get away from tEh SoShUlIzMs!!1! and not because, y’know, it’s fucking cold up there.
lonewolf
Lunar Guardian - Earned a place among the ranks of the most loyal New Lunar Republic soldiers (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Magical Inkwell - Wrote MLP fanfiction consisting of at least around 1.5k words, and has a verified link to the platform of their choice
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2017) - Celebrated Derpibooru's five year anniversary with friends.
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag
Artist -

U mad?
Looks like that shooting of the girl with the knife isn’t a cut and dry case of police murdering soneone. In the video you can see the girl actually trying to stab the other girl with a knife. Still tragic, of course.

Some don’t seem to think so.  
Tweet from someone calling themselves Defund and Abolish police.  
Archive link.

Kind of seems to be saying kids have had knife fights for ages and to leave them alone. Should we let them have old school gun duels too? By the time they would’ve tried de-escalating the situation the other girl would’ve already been stabbed and probably dead.
Dustcan
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Condensed Milk - State-Approved Compensation

Dogs
@Backgroundpony

And 3 paragraphs before that quote defines what’s now considered a “riot”.

The law will now define a “riot” as a public disturbance involving three or more people “acting with the common intent to assist each other in violent and disorderly conduct” that results in injury to another person, damage to property, or “imminent” danger of injury or damage.
The 61-page bill established new felonies for organizing or participating in a violent demonstration and enhanced penalties for crimes committed during a riot. It will also authorities to hold arrested protesters without bail until their first court appearance, as well as grant civil immunity to those who drive into protesters who are blocking a road.

That gives a pretty broad definition for law enforcement during a time when law overreach is in the spotlight, and a broad definition for a governor with a history curtailing rights and speech as long as his career, and an extremely broad definition for allowing vehicular homicide.
Background Pony #7CB4
@Background Human  
As a Floridian I can tell you it isn’t simply the case that people are moving to the state to be warm. People also don’t want to deal with the taxes and policies of where they are leaving. The warmth is part of it though. I’m not entirely sure what Dustcan is babbling on about though.

@lonewolf  
Twitter is just a soapbox for idiots.
silbasa
Pixel Perfection - Hot Pockets Spotted
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Idealizing Floyd is not healthy. He was by all reasonable metrics not a person of particularly good character. The heavy drugs he had in him, his previous sentences and his criminal record speaks volumes. On the day of his death the police were called because he tried to scam a grocery store with fake 20$ bills.

When arrested his behaviour was strange. They put him in their vehicle but simply could not contain him as he became uncontrollable and they had to take him back out. Floyd continued to, in lack of a better term, spaz out and they had to restrain him further.

That’s when it went wrong. Chauvins technique was poor as was his judgement and Floyd suffocated.

The justice system functioned as it should. Chauvin and the other officers present were arrested. Sentences forthcoming. Floyd’s family has got a $27 million settlement. That should have been it. The end of this accident.

But it isn’t. Democrat/liberal America have let activist marxist/anarchist movements run rampant in the aftermath of this. Prominent politicians in state and federal institutions calling for violence. Excusing it. Enabling it. Can we even trust Chauvin got a fair trial? Can the justice system function under such pressure? Could the jurors vote freely?

Floyd was a very unlucky criminal and Chauvin is not very good at restraining suspects. That this one incident has allowed to destabilize an entire nation for so long shows us the lengths the american left is willing to go to.

They are as bad as the right, they just use nicer words.
Penguin Dragneel
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Thread Starter - Weeb Wars: The Anime Controversy Thread
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
Artist -

The Latest Tax Write-Off
@silbasa  
Alright, let’s say that he was indeed on drugs, that he was using a counterfeit bill, and that he did deserve to be arrested.

Does that excuse Chauvin’s actions? Does that excuse ANY other bit of police brutality that has occurred in the aftermath?

If you answer yes, then you’re a jack###.
Candacefan29
Thread Starter - /forums/pony/topics/season-6-episode-discussion
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

Go Watch Helluva Boss
@silbasa
Alright, let’s say that he was indeed on drugs, that he was using a counterfeit bill, and that he did deserve to be arrested.
Does that excuse Chauvin’s actions? Does that excuse ANY other bit of police brutality that has occurred in the aftermath?
If you answer yes, then you’re a jack###.

^ this guy gets it.
silbasa
Non-Fungible Trixie -

1. Those are well established facts.

2. Chauvin fucked up. The man in his custody died. And he will pay.

3. Most of the so-called “police brutality” is debunked when the videos come out. I have shown several here. In most of these cases the police are not at fault.

This 1 death is so blown out of any reasonable proportion at this point due to leftist activism. See what is happening and expand your way of thinking.
Backgroundpony
Non-Fungible Trixie -

@Dustcan  
Absolutly an overreach in law, but not something we did not see comming LAST YEAR.

This is why people begged you to stop rioting, because ALWAYS new laws that bite everyone in the end are being justified from violent unrests. (That and the peoples who´s lifes were destroyed in the riots.)
silbasa
Non-Fungible Trixie -

@NitroFury  
Yes they do. And never go to twitter for anything ever. It’s an awful place. Take a step back and use critical thinking. Don’t let feelings influence you. Look at the facts. Look a little beyond the narrative. Read the story from all perspectives and make up your own mind. See who gains and who loses. And see what it is all about, who gets more power in the end.
Candacefan29
Thread Starter - /forums/pony/topics/season-6-episode-discussion
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

Go Watch Helluva Boss
@NitroFury  
stonetoss and fox news are also butthurt.

did you see Tucker Carlson? dude threw a hissy fit on camera.

all the racists can stay mad. justice won yesterday.
Penguin Dragneel
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Thread Starter - Weeb Wars: The Anime Controversy Thread
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
Artist -

The Latest Tax Write-Off
@silbasa  
It may have been 1 death, but it was the one that pretty much broke the straw on the camel’s back in terms of police brutality.

And no, none of those other cases were debunked (except for the recent one with the knife, which we still aren’t sure about).

Not changing my opinion either.
Background Human
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

CHS, Class of 20XX
@MrXemnas1992  
The funny thing is, all the daytime people on Fox News were okay with it. They even got Pirro on there like, “We got him! Good work, everyone. Justice has been done. You can all go home now.”

Then Tucker comes on the air…
silbasa
Non-Fungible Trixie -

@Penguin Dragneel  
Just think for yourself. That’s all I encourage. And remember all these other cases where we have had videos shown of what really happened and why the police fired? Keep those in mind.
Latecomer

@silbasa  
The tendency of people to jump to conclusions without knowing all the facts is one very good reason for all such incidents to be investigated (amd if need be, tried) publicly in the full light of day.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Ministry of Image - Fanfiction Printing

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide