Don't blame me, I voted for the other guy. (Politics General)

Violet Rose in The Rain
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

On an unrelated note, there’s something funny about politics that makes people come crawling out of the woodwork and make a comment for the first time in months.

I honestly doubt you’d last longer than a month here, @Magma-Fox. Or half a year.
Magma-Fox
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).

@HorsesandMuchMOAR  
Ah, Sorry, thought you were the Other Guy I was talking to. Sorry, just got stressed out.

Mostly got it off Youtube from certain channels that aren’t biased, and some snippets on Twitter. I THINK some of that Info came from Breitbart, but that was only a mention by the commenter.

Frankly, Most of it was luck for me, and After seeing CNN’s track record for the last ten years, I had learned not to believe them. Frankly, Again, I think Breitbart was mentioned for some, but not all.

Frankly, I say to look up Sky and Rebel News. The latter is in trouble due to the Government going full communist regime, so I hope they’re alright.
Magma-Fox
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).

@NitroFury  
I ain’t gonna tell you the sources then.

I’ve had enough of those channels get “Reported” for “Reasons” after I gave out links. Apparently, There are those who cannot tolerate that their Narrative is being put into question.
Background Human
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition

CHS, Class of 20XX
uppity

(blink)

I didn’t even know that was a word people used anymore. Not unironically. Certainly not in the context of BLM. Makes you sound like a 1940s Alabama sheriff.
Kiryu-Chan
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Wallet After Summer Sale -

World's Okayest User
I feel anyone who tries to pass off a YouTuber named Memeology as a legitimate news source should be called into question
Background Pony #08B0
@HorsesandMuchMOAR  
Personally if I want just straight news updates I look to Reuters. No source is perfect, but Reuters does a pretty good job. If I want news on a particular event I search it up and look at several news outlets, and will check their sources. Often times you can pick out the problems when you check where their source is from. The biggest problem for journalism is when you have what we’re trusted news sources doing things that can’t be described as just mistakes, they seem obviously motivated by bias, like that 60 minutes hit piece on DeSantis.

Also, don’t ever trust randos on Twitter, ever. It’s one thing if the Twitter post IS the news source, in which case go read the article, or if it is a professional linking their source, which again check the source. If it is some person making a comment about some thing they saw and read don’t trust it. Twitter is full of emotional and ignorant people who want to use their personal soapbox to complain.
NitroFury
Lunar Guardian - Earned a place among the ranks of the most loyal New Lunar Republic soldiers (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Thread Starter - Horseplay
Artist -

Nitro Cat Bad!
So the mass shooting at a FedEx Facility here in Indianapolis, Indiana has now shine a spotlight on the Red Flag laws.
silbasa
Pixel Perfection - Hot Pockets Spotted
Non-Fungible Trixie -

@NitroFury  
It seems it has now turned a spotlight on us! Prepare for more msm articles on “nazism in brony culture” and all the other very strange things the normies will find when they start digging :P

They always ignore that other subcultures like furries have the exact same things in them. Oh, and the “HoW Can aDults like a show foR kIDs??!!” takes.
Violet Rose in The Rain

Adding to that, You not only tried to double post

The sheer horror. /s  
nevermind the sheer Poison and Hatred that Don Lemon spews out every time he shows up on CNN, and the Double Standards spread by Nancy Pelosi, Jen Pensaki, Alexandria Ocasio Cortez, Chris Cuomo, Maxine Waters, Joe Biden and Ilhan Omar.
Point out to me where I explicitly supported CNN, MSN or any of these politicians except maybe AOC, or even said mainstream news is “true news”. Your sad attempts at whataboutism is barely working.  
You voted for those who would support Rioters and LOOTERS.

full  
I say to look up Sky and Rebel News.

Sky News? The same company that’s owned by Rupert Murdoch and run according to the same propaganda model as Fox News? The one that is essentially just an Australianised version of Fox, with the US lineup of ideologues swapped-out for Australian mouthpieces to spout the same far-right talking points?

So much for your disdain for “mainstream media.”

And Rebel News as in Rebel Media? The same group with ties to the alt-right?

Jan: One day after a white nationalist terror attack on a Québec City mosque that left six people dead, Levant fires off an e-mail to supporters suggesting “the mainstream media” and “Québec police” may be conspiring to conceal the real killer (“did a Muslim attack a mosque?”) and solicits donations to “uncover the truth, not bury it.”
March: Rebel Media host’s Holocaust video causes international incident: Gavin McInnes is celebrated by neo-Nazis and a Ku Klux Klan Grand Wizard after shooting a video exploring several Holocaust denial myths and falsely blaming “the Jews” for World War II and the Ukrainian genocide.
May: Rebel Media’s White House correspondent linked to disinformation campaign targeting French elections: Not only does Rebel Media get a pass to attend Sean Spicer’s press briefings at the Trump White House, Jack Posobiec – Rebel’s “Washington Bureau Chief,” as well as a Pizzagate conspiracy theorist who ran a pro-Trump Super PAC – finds himself the focus of an international controversy when national security analysts identify him as the first person to spread false information targeting French presidential candidate Emmanuel Macron following an apparent cyber attack by Latvian hackers.
November: Climate change press conference goes off the rails: Around the same time as it was revealed Rebel Media had partnered with a disgraced judge who suggested rape victims should try to keep their “knees together,” Rebel Media made national headlines again after BC Bureau Chief Chris Wilson argued at a news conference he had never called Environment Minister Catherine McKenna “climate Barbie” (for the record, Wilson was lying).

Damn, you played right into the stereotype set forth by the meme, and I wasn’t even trying to tilt you.
Violet Rose in The Rain

@RadioDemon

I see someone’s feeling brave enough to start crawling back here, and that you’ve also conveniently left out how the bill grants civil immunity to drivers who hit protesters and protects police budgets from being cut. Fun fact about what constitutes a riot: Usually, it’s when the police declare that something is a riot. So, theoretically, a group of people protesting pretty much anything can have the cops roll up, say “this is a riot,” and round them up or have someone else just drive through them with no repercussions.

Also regarding the lack of bail option: What that means is anybody labeled a rioter can be arrested and they’re going to sit in the county jail until a court date weeks away, with no possibility of getting out until then.

Stop and think for a moment: if you were cut off from the outside world for even a week, how would your life be screwed? Can’t go to work. Can’t get online to pay your bills. Can’t do Jack shit. It’s intimidation to make people stop exercising their 1st Amendment Rights, plain and simple.

Land of the free and home of the brave, indeed.
NitroFury
Lunar Guardian - Earned a place among the ranks of the most loyal New Lunar Republic soldiers (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Thread Starter - Horseplay
Artist -

Nitro Cat Bad!
@NitroFury
It seems it has now turned a spotlight on us! Prepare for more msm articles on “nazism in brony culture” and all the other very strange things the normies will find when they start digging :P
They always ignore that other subcultures like furries have the exact same things in them. Oh, and the “HoW Can aDults like a show foR kIDs??!!” takes.

Cause this is fandom is incapable of ratting people out, and worried about their image being destroyed, but it’s already for that.
Violet Rose in The Rain

@RadioDemon

You know that China Tiananmen square photo of “Tank Man” that circulates when we show oppression of free speech? Yeah, leave it to Florida to start legalizing that future in America.

Good to know you never really stood for freedom.
Background Pony #08B0
@NitroFury  
Red Flag laws are pretty awful, and I believe completely unconstitutional and a trampling of our rights. They are not all the same law, which is important to note, but they share similar problems. The most basic issue is that your constitutional right can be suspended without any due process. The initial protection order, which is what is entered to take the guns away, can be submitted, in some states, by relatives, in laws, ex-wives/husbands, ex-roommates, etc. It should be obvious to see how this can, and has, been abused by angry exes who want to just hurt the person in question. Let’s say you need a cop to submit it, an ex-wife goes to a cop with outlandish claims, and the cop enters the order. This has happened, with no further investigation. We like to think that a judge, who is in charge of approving the orders, would take a closer look at this, whether it is a cop or an ex-wife. These are also the same people that we’re supposed to take a closer look at, for instance, no knock warrants, but we know they don’t in practice. At this point, again, the person in question doesn’t even need to be notified this is happening.

Now you’re constitutional right has been suspended, with no real due process. So maybe you need a psych evaluation, or maybe you just have to go to court to now prove you are innocent, instead of the other way around as our legal system is based on. In almost all states with these laws, you don’t get counsel. You have to go hire a lawyer, what could cost you thousands, to go to court to get you right back, even though you have not broken any laws. Up to this point I’ve honed in on the violation of the 2nd amendment, but what about the 1st? How many times have you seen people get worked up over things they read on the internet? How many times have people said things online or in person that can seem over the top but is still protected? That kind of stuff can be used as evidence against you. As a result you can be punished for saying things that are protected speech. On paper it the argument is this won’t happen, you’ll hear people claim that it’s only imminent and dangerous threats that will be addressed, but in practice people are not protected at all because their aren’t sufficient safeguards.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Techy Cutie Pony Collection!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide