Don't blame me, I voted for the other guy. (Politics General)

Background Pony #08B0
@vit  
A billion dollar corporation goes after some rando on reddit for posting a meme and bullies him into apologizing or else they will dox him. Yeah, this is “investigative journalism” No wonder journalism is dying so much, people like you actually believe trash like that is real journalism, this is why Fox News and CNN have so many viewers. They feed you trash and you ask for more.

Don’t try to spin this as anything other then the Democrats wanting control of the Supreme Court since they aren’t happy with the split. What the Republicans did was politics, sure, the kind of dirty politics that has been played for years. They didn’t pack the courts, they filled open seats with qualified judges that subscribe to their judicial philosophy. Now some Democrats, not all, but some, are angry because they want THEIR judges to control the judiciary, so they’re strategy is to go extreme and try and expand the court by, what a coincidence, 4 judges. Just enough to give democratic nominees a majority. That kind of action is what destroys any faith people have in the judiciary, and it will lead to even more judges when the Republicans take power.
Background Pony #08B0
@Vivace  
First of all, balance isn’t a relevant concept here. Their is no concern from either side about balance. It would make no sense, you nominate a judge by their qualification, and each party has thrown their hats in with different philosophies of how a judge should interpret it. If the concern really is about balance, then why not only add 2 justices? a 5-6 split is also more balanced. It isn’t about that though, it’s about wanting to hold the majority.
NitroFury
Lunar Guardian - Earned a place among the ranks of the most loyal New Lunar Republic soldiers (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Thread Starter - Horseplay
Artist -

Nitro Cat Bad!
@vit
A billion dollar corporation goes after some rando on reddit for posting a meme and bullies him into apologizing or else they will dox him. Yeah, this is “investigative journalism” No wonder journalism is dying so much, people like you actually believe trash like that is real journalism, this is why Fox News and CNN have so many viewers. They feed you trash and you ask for more.
Don’t try to spin this as anything other then the Democrats wanting control of the Supreme Court since they aren’t happy with the split. What the Republicans did was politics, sure, the kind of dirty politics that has been played for years. They didn’t pack the courts, they filled open seats with qualified judges that subscribe to their judicial philosophy. Now some Democrats, not all, but some, are angry because they want THEIR judges to control the judiciary, so they’re strategy is to go extreme and try and expand the court by, what a coincidence, 4 judges. Just enough to give democratic nominees a majority. That kind of action is what destroys any faith people have in the judiciary, and it will lead to even more judges when the Republicans take power.

Here’s a shocker, you don’t get real journalism on online either.
vit
The End wasn't The End - For those that found a new home

@doloresbridge  
All the little things pile up. They don’t just happen in a vacuum.  
Trump constantly calling CNN and any news media “Fake News” and encouraging violence with designating them the “enemy of the people”  
Memes of said news media getting beaten in wrestling and shot up by Trump in a Kingsman movie.  
Republican candidate Gianforte physically assaulting a reporter and being endorsed by Trump for it.  
The October 2018 attempted mail bombings of CNN and other critics by a Florida Trump supporter.  
This type of rhetoric and violence was gradually normalized for years and culminated in the Jan 6 Capitol riot and insurrection. I refuse to take it lightly.
doloresbridge
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Peace to all
@vit  
There are times when it matters and times went it is nothing. It would be idiotic to take such memes like this to such a serious extent when violence is very common as a metaphor

Maybe some stuff like this does go over the line in showing contempt, disgust and hatred for some group/person/organization, but, even plays a part in stuff like this Saying stuff like a meme is going to lead to people’s death is ridiculous and CNN was being idiotic considering it a threat.
Ereiam
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Betrayal! - Betrayed their team for a badge. Shame forever!
Solar Guardian - Refused to surrender in the face of the Lunar rebellion and showed utmost loyalty to the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Fine Arts - Two hundred uploads with a score of over a hundred (Safe/Suggestive)
Perfect Pony Plot Provider - Uploader of 10+ images with 350 upvotes or more (Questionable/Explicit)
Notoriously Divine Tagger - Consistently uploads images above and beyond the minimum tag requirements. And/or additionally, bringing over the original description from the source if the image has one. Does NOT apply to the uploader adding several to a dozen tags after originally uploading with minimum to bare tagging.
Cool Crow - "Caw!" An awesome tagger
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - Organization is important.
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

Monde de merde
@NitroFury  
Wonder if this boycott will affect the Coca-Cola Company’s sales in any meaningful way (or if PepsiCo and Keurig Dr Pepper stand to gain anything from it, for that matter). Somehow, I doubt it.
Dustcan
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Condensed Milk - State-Approved Compensation

Dogs
@Background Pony #137C

A long time coming.

But the last time we did a partial-but-still-large-withdrawal it just left a destabilized region that allowed the rise of ISIS. I don’t know how we need to do it, but we need to get out of there in a way that doesn’t just create a bigger problem that we have to “fix” again.
Background Pony #137C
@Dustcan  
Maybe we sell the Afghan military our shit? I doubt those Taliban fucks will mess with them if the Afghani military has M1 Abrams tanks and artillery.
doloresbridge
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Peace to all
@Background Pony #137C  
Mostly positive though I worry for those in Afghanistan who became accustomed/dependent on the institutions maintained by the US government. If it falls people are just grasping at a future in a heavily flawed semi-western will still have a reduction quality of and we don’t always have the best history protecting locals who have helped/aligned with us in these situations when things go south.
Zincy
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

In Vino Veritas
@Background Pony #137C

That’s how we got into this mess in the first place when we sold weapons to Osama and Co. to fight the Russians.

Shit rolls downhill, and those weapons will invariably end up in extremists hands.
Background Human
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

CHS, Class of 20XX
@Zincy  
Back then, they were “the brave mujahideen fighters of Afghanistan”. It wasn’t until Desert Storm that they got good and pissed off at us. Something about basing our troops in Saudi Arabia.

Who knew that a war in Iraq could have unforeseen consequences?
Violet Rose in The Rain
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

@vit
There are times when it matters and times went it is nothing. It would be idiotic to take such memes like this to such a serious extent when violence is very common as a metaphor
Maybe some stuff like this does go over the line in showing contempt, disgust and hatred for some group/person/organization, but, even plays a part in stuff like this Saying stuff like a meme is going to lead to people’s death is ridiculous and CNN was being idiotic considering it a threat.

Tell me what stochastic terrorism is.
silbasa
Pixel Perfection - Hot Pockets Spotted
Non-Fungible Trixie -

The 13 year old kid, Adam Toledo, that was shot yesterday did not have a gun when he was shot. He was shot after a running chase where he threw away a firearm.

https://news.sky.com/story/adam-toledo-bodycam-footage-of-13-year-old-boy-being-shot-dead-by-chicago-police-released-12276722

This one is on the cop. I have worked some with kids and it bothers me greatly that a 13 year old was shot.

A question that comes up for me personally is why a 13 year old is running around downtown at night with a gun in the first place. Where is this kid’s family??
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
The Travelling Pony Museum Shop!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide