Don't blame me, I voted for the other guy. (Politics General)

Zincy
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Wallet After Summer Sale -
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

In Vino Veritas
Dolly Parton has been a bigger influence on Southern culture than the Confederacy was.

A four’ish year kerfuffle that didn’t even involve the majority of southern citizens should be remembered more as a footnote in history than a pivotal moment.
Zincy
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -

In Vino Veritas
@Background Pony #E201

A pivotal moment only so far as it was a moment of failure for wrongheaded political ideas.

Speaking of dumb ideas, there’s a rising narrative in VA that the NOVA/Beach duality has “too much power” in state elections because its “small” land size.

Land doesn’t fucking vote, people do. And yes, 1,145 million in Fairfax are going to have more sway than the 4000 in piddly little Bath. NOVA represents almost 3/4 of Virginia’s population. Of course it’s going to have an outsized impact on state politics. That’s not unfair, that’s democracy.

What’s unfair, if you want to play that game, is that tiny counties like Bath that together make up less than 1/4 the population can have an outsized influence on the remaining 3/4 by dint of how the state House works.
Dustcan
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Condensed Milk - State-Approved Compensation

Dogs
Reminder that to the South the “Civil War” is called the “War of Northern Aggression”…and that term was coined in the 1950s. Right smack dab in the middle of Jim Crow.

The contrast and timing is telling.
Background Pony #08B0
@Zincy  
Well, their was also the years of reconstruction after the civil war that shaped the entire region. It was pretty important.
Dustcan
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Condensed Milk - State-Approved Compensation

Dogs
@CaptainXtra

Norks are notorious hoarders and thieves, to the point where they have been known to steal Chinese trains delivering aid to them. And they are lucky to get what amounts to 80yo hand-me-downs. I really doubt they are sharing their weapons, and if they are it’s probably guns so crappy that even the Norks think “This ain’t worth shit.”
Background Pony #E201
@CaptainXtra  
No evidence that I’m aware of. Considering the amount of weapons flowing into the region from the US and the Soviets over the years I don’t think whatever little they could send would matter.
Background Human
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

CHS, Class of 20XX
@Zincy  
I used to hear that complaint all the time up in Pennsylvania. “Oh, politicians only care about Pittsburgh and Philadelphia.” Because that’s where the people are.
doloresbridge
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Peace to all
@Background Human  
I’ve heard city folk in Texas complain about that for our rural areas. Some of which I frankly would consider negleated still. Honestly though, considering the make up of poor and declining rust belt areas that complaint I’d be sympathetic too (and I imagine the cities are pretty poorly run as well).

@AaronMk  
Down with large cities and suburbs, I want rural power!

@CaptainXtra  
@Dustcan  
I’ve always heard the opposite but I have never looked at it closely.

@Zincy  
Depending on how you define that, maybe Though I don’t think that will save those non confederate parts from the culture purge.
AaronMk
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Crystal Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Tree of Harmony - Drew someone's OC for the 2022 Community Collab
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Verified Pegasus - Show us your gorgeous wings!
Philomena - For helping others attend the 2021 community collab

Sky funeral
@AaronMk
Is that any better than cursing anyone that lives in a suburb?

The true path is to go Khmer Rouge against suburbanites. By their class affiliation their rights are now privledges and they lost them all. Start on your forced march, that is all that is behind your “rural power” position.

@doloresbridge  
@AaronMk
Down with large cities and suburbs, I want rural power!

You have chosen decay

Fade with your yeoman farmer dream
Natry
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!
Fine Arts - Two hundred uploads with a score of over a hundred (Safe/Suggestive)

Constant Lurker
@Natry
The true path is to go Khmer Rouge against suburbanites. By their class affiliation their rights are now privledges and they lost them all. Start on your forced march, that is all that is behind your “rural power” position.

Man what kinda reefer you on to assume all the suburbs are rich damn wtf
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Techy Cutie Pony Collection!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide