Don't blame me, I voted for the other guy. (Politics General)

Background Pony #1F81
I mean the Apu contraversy was dumb but i thoought everyone already either moved on or forgot about it?
Zincy
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Wallet After Summer Sale -
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

In Vino Veritas
@Background Pony #1F81

I’m still leery about any major draw downs, just as I was when Trump tried to do it.

I’m a little more confident that Biden will do it right, but he still has the potential to fuck it up.
Background Pony #FECC
@Zincy  
Agreed. Biden will have the same obstacles as Trump, an embedded hawkish political class that will fight a full draw down. I expect a partial draw down and a shifting of assets in some way. Any progress is good though.
Zincy
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -

In Vino Veritas
If the Biden admin wiped out just 50k in federal student loan debt per person, it would completely eliminate the federal debt for 36 million Americans.

Freeing up millions in capital for those people to start buying homes and cars, starting businesses, and putting cash back into the economy.

That’s a good start, but let’s go even further. Cap college tuition rates to a certain percentage increase allowable each cycle, pass legislation to increase competition among colleges to drive down prices, go after predatory textbook sellers, and provide tax credits for student loan borrowers who have fully paid off their loans in the last few years.

Really just shake up the whole system.
Natry
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!
Fine Arts - Two hundred uploads with a score of over a hundred (Safe/Suggestive)

Constant Lurker
@Violet Rose in The Rain  
I looked up the bill, and it seems to be about banning supplying hormone blockers to minors or assisting in sex surgeries unless you have some sort of license. Nothing about affirming as far as I can tell.
doloresbridge
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Peace to all
@silbasa  
@Ebalosus  
Relevant

@Latecomer\  
For a progressive like yourself I would say Obamacare helping pave the way for public acceptance of medicare for all whether you like or hate it. Various rules on environment and such that he set in motion wasn’t completely disrupted by Trump and did set a course on in some regulatory areas.

On a negative end. Libya being a bad move, spy state being far from contained, actually was expanded under him. Some might put the partisan and heat on him as well but I don’t blame him fully for that.

He was heavily impeded by various forces at home and abroad so it is hard to say. One area where I as a ebiv right winger will partly defend him is that he was actually trying to reorient us against China but Arab Spring and Isis happened.

@Natry  
I haven’t seen the bill but Texas had a big hullabaloo over that in recent history.
ᎶㄖҜㄩ 乃ㄥ卂匚Ҝ
One-Star Dragon Ball - For supporting the site
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Happy Derpy! - For site supporters
Bronze Supporter - Bronze Supporter
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Dream Come True! - Participated in the MLP 9th Anniversary Event
A Tale For The Ages - Celebrated MLP's 35th Anniversary and FiM's 8th Anniversary
Artist -

Zamasu
@Zincy  
@Angrybrony  
I’d say yes. Start by telling employers to NOT require a fucking college degree for JUST ABOUT EVERY SINGLE JOB. Unless you plan on being a doctor, scientist or a lawyer, you don’t need to go to college. I’d go even further to tell high school counselors to stop pushing college on students.

Also, get rid of useless degrees like gender studies degrees. You can learn stupid shit like that on your own time.
Violet Rose in The Rain
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

I think the derision for gender studies is stupid. If you want to talk about oversaturation of the job market for it, fair enough, but really, just try and think about how many ways your life would be different if some spindle fiber grabbed a different chromosome 9 months before your birth.

Such a small thing, but it’s the difference between getting a doll or a robot for a toy, getting told ‘be cute’ or getting told ‘be tough,’ or the difference between getting ignored or getting cat called by some psycho in a grocery store parking lot. You would have so many differences from day one that would just compound as time went on.

How does that impact individuals and society? How is that not an interesting topic?
Background Pony #E201
@Goku Black  
Businesses want college degrees just because they can. So many people have them now that it’s a simple requirement. I agree we should stop telling our kids you HAVE to go to college though. As for gender studies, yeah it’s a dumb impracticle degree, but I think most people know the job prospects suck with one.
tehwatever
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Artist -
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends.

Many ppl thought it was a good decision, killing Bin Laden on the spot years ago.  
Had he been on trial and he was allowed to speak…Breh you’d have more of them “wake up sheeple” types out here. Here’s the final words he gave in his Letter to American people.

“In conclusion, I tell you in truth, that your security is not in the hands of Kerry, nor Bush, nor al-Qaida. No. Your security is in your own hands.” - Osama Bin Laden

I finally got around to prolly reading the translation of this “letter”

He’s got that villain speech, btw. PROPER villain speech. The kind that makes you initially say “yeah ok they’ve got a point.”

He’s an anime villain, and not the cartoon villain that I thought he was. I just now find out about this 15 yrs later…
silbasa
Pixel Perfection - Hot Pockets Spotted
Non-Fungible Trixie -

@tehwatever  
World is a better place with him in the ground. Period.

@lonewolf  
Wrong colour to be of interest. But still, a “good” shot. Why on earth did he pull a knife after being shot once? You americans have a strange relationship with law enforcement :P
HorsesandMuchMOAR
Chaotic Little Trees - 1000+ images under their artist tag
A Really Hyper Artist - 500+ images under their artist tag
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
Dream Come True! - Participated in the MLP 9th Anniversary Event
A Tale For The Ages - Celebrated MLP's 35th Anniversary and FiM's 8th Anniversary
A Really Classy Artist - 250+ images under their artist tag
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag
Cool Crow - "Caw!" An awesome tagger
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant

Gallusposting since 2019
@Goku Black

@Background Pony #E201

I’d also agree to scrap making degrees a requirement, unless if it involves something more technical like maths, engineering, and science.

This should especially apply to creative writing and arts, which can be easier than science, economics, and more “physical” work. And I’m saying this as a dropout from an American tuition centre who hasn’t got any degrees who is still waiting for jobs at Upwork.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Pony Arts & Prints!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide