Don't blame me, I voted for the other guy. (Politics General)

igotnopicks
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Thread Starter - Splatoon thread

Monado User
@doloresbridge  
It’s not our fault that Republican Party turned into a punching bag when Trump took the presidency. It’s not our fault that Gaetz is pretty much the clay face of the party right now.
doloresbridge
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition

Peace to all
@igotnopicks  
I don’t blame you for anything, just so we’re clear. I do consider disconnected idiots like this do bare a good bit of responsibility for the terrible state of this country and I find it laughable on the smug moral superiority on display.

@igotnopicks  
Actually, the funny thing is that y’all maybe pushing something closer to my somewhat esteric views with all the economic boycotts and decoupling of states over bills.

SO YEAH, KEEP IT UP!
Thanotos Omega
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

Japan is planning to dump the irradiated water from fukashima into the ocean, gee it’s almost like maybe we shouldn’t be building places who use a super toxic material as fuel, all willy nilly,
Ebalosus
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Silver Bit -
Sapphire -
Happy Derpy! -
Bronze Supporter -
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

Build commie blocks!
@Background Human

The same people who said that slavery, the Patriot Act, and imperial presidencies are A-OK? Do you really want to follow Britbong land down that “iT’s Ok BeCaUsE iT’s LeGaL!” particular road to hell?

@Zincy

Given that would disqualify most cops from owning or accessing guns…

@Dustcan

Relevanter. “Law-abiding” is a BS term as well, given that every single person has broken the law in some way. Remind me again of what they got Capone on in the end?…
Ebalosus
Silver Bit -
Sapphire -
Happy Derpy! -
Bronze Supporter -
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

Build commie blocks!
@silbasa  
@Goku Black

People on r/StupidPol (an r/CTH refuge for the cool non-tankie leftists) are fully aware of that, and are likewise very critical of them essentially selling out to the neoliberal; just like AOC did.
Background Pony #A0EA
Obama was President for 8 years. What were some of the lasting legacies, positive or negative, of his tenure?

full
Background Human
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

CHS, Class of 20XX
@Ebalosus  
Not “it’s okay because it’s legal”, just “it’s legal because it’s legal”. A phrase like “constitutional carry” implies that “AK-47s FOR EVERYONE!” is the only reasonable interpretation of the Constitution, which is utter bull honkey.

If that’s a problem, Article V is right there. It’s how we dealt with the whole slavery thing.
Background Pony #FECC
@Background Human  
Constitutional carry is a common term to refer to when a state has forgone any carry permits, it has been used for years not to refer to this state of concealed carry restriction. The idea being your permit to carry is the constitution and you don’t need a separate permit from the state. No need to get worked up over the term.
Dustcan
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Condensed Milk - State-Approved Compensation

Dogs
@Background Pony #FECC

Likewise, saying “Blacks and gays aren’t people and shouldn’t have rights!” is so gouche that instead they just say “States’ Rights”.

Put lipstick on a pig however you wish, but the actual Constitution makes it clear about a “Well regulated militia” being a qualifier in the Right To Bare Arms, which a permit makes for a pretty good equivalent of.
Background Pony #FECC
@Dustcan  
Yes, and it’s frowned upon to say “Pro-murder” so abortion activists call it “Pro-Choice”. Do you see how stupid it is to make this comparison? Because that’s what you did. The constitution only makes clear that people have a right to bear arms, the supreme court has decided that is an individual rights, and a good portion of the states have decided that the constitution itself is all the permit you need to carry a weapon. The term constitutional carry is a very common terms used for a long time to refer to this status. Complaining that you don’t like the term is a waste of time.
Background Pony #FECC
@Ereiam  
I think you’ve missed the point. I’m pointing out how stupid these comparisons are, best to stick with the core discussion instead of bringing up other subjective comparisons.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Ponies Online! - April 13-14

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide