Don't blame me, I voted for the other guy. (Politics General)

Dustcan
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Condensed Milk - State-Approved Compensation

Dogs
Still taking her excuse at face value, when I was training for my Criminal Justice degree my instructor allowed us to fit our belts how we liked. If we wanted something on one side, we could put it there. I don’t know if every department had no regulations on where your gear went, but there you go.

So our options here are either she was allowed to organize her belt however she was comfortable but forgot where she put her stuff, or she had regulations on how she kitted out her belt and her training failed her when it counted.

Neither option looks good.
ᎶㄖҜㄩ 乃ㄥ卂匚Ҝ
One-Star Dragon Ball - For supporting the site
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Happy Derpy! - For site supporters
Bronze Supporter - Bronze Supporter
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Dream Come True! - Participated in the MLP 9th Anniversary Event
A Tale For The Ages - Celebrated MLP's 35th Anniversary and FiM's 8th Anniversary
Artist -

Zamasu
You want the cops to stop killing so many [black] people? STOP PULLING THEM OVER FOR STUPID MINOR SHIT LIKE AIR FRESHENERS DANGLING UNDER THE REAR-VIEW MIRROR! God damn, I fucking hate traffic cops!
Background Pony #E201
@Zincy  
I’ve held both too, but neither of us have held both while trying to take down a suspect who is currently fleeing. I’m not saying she should be given a pass, only that this was an obvious mistake and people should keep that in mind if they are thinking of protesting.

@Dustcan  
Desantis has been doing well with covid.

@Goku Black  
Has that been confirmed for the reason? I know the guy called his mom and said so, but have the police commented?
Dustcan
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Dogs
Tennessee governor signs bill that allows adults to carry firearms without a background check or training.

Background checks are the barest minimum when it comes to gun safety. But the GOP just continue to go “Nope. Give guns to everyone, including the mentally ill!”

I’m not kidding about that last part. Mental illness is the go-to deflection to distract from mass shootings, but a few months back the GOP still rammed through a bill saying even the mentally ill can get it.

Is it any wonder why mass shootings is one of America’s favorite past times?

Senate Republican Committee manager makes up award to give to Trump after the later called Moscow Mitch a ‘dumb son of a bitch’ and later one Pence as well because neither wouldn’t overthrow democracy for him.

Trump tried to have them all killed. He literally incited a riot that tried to perform a coup and lynch Congress, was reported to be gleeful upon hearing of the riot and had to be repeatedly pressured into making even the weakest limp-wristed calls for de-escalation, and months later is still stoking those same flames. And Congressional GOP is still simping for the guy who tried and still is trying to murder them.

What a manly party amirite?

Will Smith pulls his latest movie, a story about a runaway slave called Emancipation, over Georgia’s Jim Crow 2.0 law.

So on top of the previous losses Georgia GOP has now cost the state another $120 million or so over production for a movie. And Will Smith is an A-lister (or at least a B+…), so this is likely to have even more of an knock-on effect causing even more moneyed interests pulling away from Georgia.

And Georgia GOP continues to respond “Don’t care. No voting allowed!”
Background Pony #E201
Another state went constitutional carry? Awesome, more states need to realize its common sense to do so. I can’t wait until the rest of the country catches up.
Vortaxonus

@Dustcan  
honestly, regardless of your opinions on the democrats, whether they are just awful, simply misguided, or the last bastion of goodness in American politics, can we at least agree that the “both sides are equally bad” thing is the bullshit golden means fallacy that is. I mean, at least democrats are sane enough to realize they probably should address some issues and not a psychotic cult that the modern GOP devolved into.
Background Human
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

CHS, Class of 20XX
@Background Pony #E201  
Meanwhile, the people actually empowered by the Constitution to interpret the Second Amendment have said that it’s perfectly okay to regulate the shit out of guns, as long as you don’t ban them altogether.

Even California’s carry is “constitutional carry”, you disingenuous [rule 0 violation].
Background Pony #E201
@Background Human  
and I advocate for states to get rid of those laws, like many have done. How am I being disengenous or violating rule 0 by being happy about it?
Zincy
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

In Vino Veritas
Yes, let’s have a paranoid schizophrenic prone to explosive antisocial outbursts own a firearm. Or the repeat felon that likes to cap someone on the street, or the child molesters.

Certain people shouldn’t be able to easily get a firearm.

Or have we dispensed with the “law abiding good guy with a gun” narrative?

You break the law in a violent way, you lose certain rights and privileges. Imprisonment, fines, etc.
Background Pony #E201
@Zincy  
Those people are still prohibited from possessing a gun. If you have a felony you cannot legally possess one, so you would need to break the law to get one. These laws simply apply to carrying one. If you are willing to break the law to possess a gun, why would you then be afraid of breaking the law by carrying it?
Background Pony #1F81
@Dustcan  
No still saying that the vide is not avaliable.

Think this would be easier if you just gave the TLDW version lol
Dustcan
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Dogs
@Background Pony #1F81

Jordon Klepper spoofs the whole “Good Guy With A Gun” narrative. He begins with pointing out that “Obama’s” liberal New York is almost impossible to get a gun in, so instead you should just get it in Florida. You don’t even have to live in Florida; under current laws you just mail in an applications and boom you’re now registered to own a gun in some 30 states. That’s all you have to do and now you too are a Good Guy With A Gun!

Well, after you complete a training session. Which he spoofs with exactly the attitude a Good Guy With A Gun would. Hint: it leaves the instructor frequently shaking his head and having to explain a Good Guy With A Gun does not tell people to “Suck on [this gun]” or that he’s going to cap someone.

He then shows some of the simulation training, which goes exactly how you’d think it would for a Good Guy With A Gun would. It starts with him gunning down a fleeing student, but he notes it’s okay because he’s a Good Guy With A Gun and that could’ve been a Bad Guy With A Gun. After complaining about being shot in the back by actual Bad Guys With A Gun being unfair the simulation ends with him being gunned down by Cops With A Gun, which he notes is strange because he was clearly a Good Guy With A Gun and therefore shouldn’t have Cops With A Gun killing him.

Yeah.
doloresbridge
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition

Peace to all
@igotnopicks  
Watching that video makes me want to go full team Trump just to spite Seth Meyers. Those liberal left comedians are sicking in their smug incest with the mainstream news and have no value in entertainment other than a cnn with more comical punchlines.

I’ve been really intrigued with all the moving parts. Matt seems to have had a real playboy lifestyle but I have questions on his supposed Cuban son The spy plot that even if he is partily making up to save himself seems to have some truth to it that there is an effort to save a iranian hostage who maybe isn’t dead–wait, what is Scott Adams doing here!?

@Dustcan  
So on top of the previous losses Georgia GOP has now cost the state another $120 million or so over production for a movie. And Will Smith is an A-lister (or at least a B+…), so this is likely to have even more of an knock-on effect causing even more moneyed interests pulling away from Georgia.

I’m glad our megacorp and celeb overlords care about human rights for once.

@NitroFury  
Same goes with most leftist boycotts. The secret to success is the social pressure and backlash at other players who withdraw/chastise targets , which the right don’t have near as well now while the left has almost exclusive access through twitter. That’s what makes that laughable.

Still, I think actions in that spirit may not be entirely fruitless but it must be followed with something better than hooting and howlering for 15 minutes.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Techy Cutie Pony Collection!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide