Don't blame me, I voted for the other guy. (Politics General)

Zincy
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Wallet After Summer Sale -
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

In Vino Veritas
The big bads of my story are desecrated husks of bones and molted flesh, held together by technology and dark magic, whose sole purpose is to sap the world they crashed on of all its life energy for a mix of profit and religious zeal.

So, basically Senate Republicans.
Ciaran
ラ・ゼッタ - For supporting the site
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Lunar Guardian - Earned a place among the ranks of the most loyal New Lunar Republic soldiers (April Fools 2023).
Crystal Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Tree of Harmony - Drew someone's OC for the 2022 Community Collab

Senior Moderator
友情は魔法だ
@Zincy  
Oh, yeah, that’s a good approach. I tend to give my evil characters too much motivation,nand the gamers sometimes ask if they’re the good guys or not. Makes it hard to have a fun hack n slash game.

Mindless (or not self aware) monstrosities are better in a lot of ways.

Unless they somehow got elected to office. Then they’re shit.
Zincy
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -

In Vino Veritas
@Ciaran

Oh these ones are very self aware, but I just went full irredeemably, cartoonishly evil. Again, much like Senate Republicans.

One of them even fonds a cult for, various reasons.

No, the problem my story will run into is from the main character. A female, elven, somewhat chubby, blood knight’ish warrior who is very openly sexual.

Imma offend everyone. The incel sperglords afraid of strong female characters, the SJW fanatics who think both that men shouldn’t write female characters and that said female characters should be stripped all of all sexuality and femininity, the basement weeb/fantasy boffins that will scoff at a an elf that doesn’t fit into their normal wank-fantasy, and all the conservosphere nutters who think boobs are the most evil things on earth.

It’ll be interesting if it ever gets popular.
Ciaran
Lunar Guardian - Earned a place among the ranks of the most loyal New Lunar Republic soldiers (April Fools 2023).
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.

Senior Moderator
友情は魔法だ
@Zincy  
Lulz. I had a player like that and gave them a piece of armor cursed with sex change. It was super effective. Really helped him get catharsis on a whole bunch of their own IRL backstory. He even got a bunch of new miniatures and painted them up, and when someone stole the armor he hunted them down, made sure the curse was still on it, and put it back on. I’ve never seen him more “himself”.

DnD is a fantastic tool for processing inner dramas when people are otherwise unable to even face their own shit that is patently obvious to everyone around them but somehow they can’t see in themselves.

Sometimes it’s like a string in front of a cat. They can’t look away.

And, yes, still talking about US legislators. So, mostly on topic.

PS: if it gets popular don’t be surprised if people try to recreate that cult in real life. And you end up having to talk to cops about it. If that happens, remember to enjoy the ride for all it’s worth. Neil Gaiman style.
Zincy
Non-Fungible Trixie -

In Vino Veritas
@Background Pony #0055

For good? Hard to say.

For the foreseeable future? Very likely.

The strength of the NOVA/Richmond/Beach/NRV bloc represents nearly 3/4 of the population. And Dems made huge gains recently in the pivotal NOVA district of Fairfax, the most populous county in VA by almost a million.

Fairfax was purple up till about 8 years ago, and it’s shifted further and further blue. Even more so recently as the very large Asian population there (largest Asian pop in the whole state) has fallen out hard with the Republicans.

Then there’s redistricting. The 2018 maps were made somewhat more fair due to court order, but still had heavy Republican bias in central VA. Well, the new maps are being made by an independent commission, and checked by the decidedly purplish/blue VA state court system.

Let’s put it this way. There are two central VA districts that if Republicans lose, due to a lost gerrymandering edge, then they’ve basically lost the state for a long while.

Those are the districts that contain Roanoke and Radford/Blacksburg respectively. Those districts are so heavily gerrymandered that despite containing the very liberal cities above, the wide swaths of rural land tied into it (plus the eternal hellscape of Lynchburg) drags the districts red.

And if Reps continue to lose more in NOVA, the much more red outlying areas of Gainesville and Manassas may also fall. Cementing dem control of the North.

There’s also the fact that VAs population is becoming younger and less white due to heavy interstate immigration into NOVA and the Beach areas.
Ciaran

Senior Moderator
友情は魔法だ
@Zincy  
Remember to have most of the liturgy concerned with which hats people are permitted to wear. I love it when religions do that.
Zincy
Non-Fungible Trixie -

In Vino Veritas
Another important thing to consider was the capital riot.

Other than DC, the state most affected by that moment was VA, especially NOVA. Hell, we were on lockdown for a few hours in Arlington when the assholes were marching on the bridge.

The riots really rattled the calm up here. And while we’re used to shit happening in DC, this was different.

Remember, the biggest employer in NOVA is the federal government. A lot of the people here work in the Capitol Building, the Pentagon, the White House, the CIA offices, or VAs and military bases. And even those who don’t still have a very government focused business life.

Restaurants are frequented by Gov workers, active military still in their regs, senators and congressmen. Our streets are named after presidents and founders, we have hundreds of monuments to American greats, we have satellite campuses of the super American colleges of George Washington and American U.

NOVA is the federal government even more than DC. DC has the buildings, NOVA has the people.

So when these people saw all of that upended, you better damn believe they’ll remember.

@Ciaran

Only the silliest hats will do.
Latecomer

@tehwatever  
Well, there’s levels of complexity. I’m very much the sort who starts with “All orcs are monstrous thugs” and then starts going “Except…” - can often get a few layers down. But the simple starting point makes for a foundation.
Background Pony #4EAE
The big bads of my story are desecrated husks of bones and molted flesh, held together by technology and dark magic, whose sole purpose is to sap the world they crashed on of all its life energy for a mix of profit and religious zeal.
So, basically Senate Republicans.
I don’t know… I mean, most of that’s ok, but I just can’t picture Senate Republicans embracing advanced, life sustaining technology. It’s a struggle just to get most of them use a scientifically validated face covering.

Unless it runs on a limited fuel supply you can only get by ravaging the earth, and which also harms the living when consumed. That would feel appropriate (and topical).
Prince Areo
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Dream Come True! - Participated in the MLP 9th Anniversary Event
A Tale For The Ages - Celebrated MLP's 35th Anniversary and FiM's 8th Anniversary
Equality - In our state, we do not stand out.
Birthday Cake - Celebrated MLP's 7th birthday

CALM DOWN LUNA!!
@Zincy  
If anything related, I’m in a process on making my female rabbit woman who’s a hero to not just the whole world, but to her own mother and father. She’s attractive and strong too. The setting in my RPG takes place in future earth, after the human extinction with some few extras of course. If I made the game now, I better be prepared for the incels and other crazy people talking about how my hero, Lessee the Rabbit, an independent woman who’s strong and not hindered by her gender.
NitroFury
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Thread Starter - Horseplay
Artist -

Nitro Cat Bad!
I find it laughable that these GOP fucktards are trying to boycott a billion dollar Soda brand that they can’t even stop people like me from buying.
Zincy
Non-Fungible Trixie -

In Vino Veritas
@NitroFury

We should remind them that Coke was founded by a Confederate General, had a European division that was once led by a Nazi, and had another ex-Nazi (who was admittedly involuntary made a party member in order to compete in sports) as a c-suiter.

I bet they’d drop the boycott right away.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
KilianKuro Commissions!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide