Don't blame me, I voted for the other guy. (Politics General)

silbasa
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Wallet After Summer Sale -

@Goku Black  
I am excited to see what angle the personal attack from Violet rose in the rain comes from today. In norewgian no less.

Violet asksed: Can you tell me what happened to Quisling?

I answered: Not sure why you are dragging Quisling in here, but ok. After the war he got his trial and was sentenced to death for high treason. He was executed at Akershus Fortress in 1945.
Background Pony #0093
@Violet Rose in The Rain  
Actually the gay cake thing got kicked back if I remember right. It was technically a win for the baker, but the ruling was Colorado violated his rights in their hearing, not whether he could or could not deny.
Ereiam
Betrayal! - Betrayed their team for a badge. Shame forever!
Solar Guardian - Refused to surrender in the face of the Lunar rebellion and showed utmost loyalty to the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Fine Arts - Two hundred uploads with a score of over a hundred (Safe/Suggestive)
Perfect Pony Plot Provider - Uploader of 10+ images with 350 upvotes or more (Questionable/Explicit)
Notoriously Divine Tagger - Consistently uploads images above and beyond the minimum tag requirements. And/or additionally, bringing over the original description from the source if the image has one. Does NOT apply to the uploader adding several to a dozen tags after originally uploading with minimum to bare tagging.
Cool Crow - "Caw!" An awesome tagger
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - Organization is important.
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

Monde de merde
@Goku Black  
They were talking about Vidkun Quisling, Prime Minister of Norway during World War II, who seized power by sucking up to the Nazis, then got judged for high treason and executed after their defeat.  
His name carries the same connotation in the English language as “collaborateur” in French.

@silbasa  
Hasn’t it already been posted and torn to shreds like two weeks ago?  
The frame that’s the closest to accurate is the middle one, which ties with our point where the “unwise suppression” has been in fact targeting content that was supposed to be educational and in no way extremist or intolerant, while the pipeline of conspiracy theoricians and hate-mongers still runs unimpeded, simply because the latter generate more ad revenue.
silbasa
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -

@Ereiam  
Probably. But it shows the wonderful thing about freedom of speech. One can call the crazies out and pick apart their arguments bit by bit. Extremism is tempered when it meets the majority’s opinions and people see how bonkers the far right and the far left actually is. And thus the majority rejects them. But they have had their time in the spotlight. They have said their piece. And their cause deflates.

When suppressing extremism it becomes stronger, the extremist can legitimately claim to be suppressed and provide proof of it. An echochamber is created and the most ardent extremist take actions. People die.
Background Pony #5A8C
@silbasa  
I’ve seen both torn apart, you set yourself up for it when you take a piece of a quote and turn it into a comic. Though the argument of “I don’t have to tolerate intolerance” was being used all the time before someone made that, now people will just post the comic and think that’s an argument on its own. The biggest issue with that thought process is “intolerance” has no set definition for everyone, if you define a person as intolerant you can hate them to your heart’s content without feeling bad.
Ereiam
Solar Guardian - Refused to surrender in the face of the Lunar rebellion and showed utmost loyalty to the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Fine Arts - Two hundred uploads with a score of over a hundred (Safe/Suggestive)
Perfect Pony Plot Provider - Uploader of 10+ images with 350 upvotes or more (Questionable/Explicit)
Notoriously Divine Tagger - Consistently uploads images above and beyond the minimum tag requirements. And/or additionally, bringing over the original description from the source if the image has one. Does NOT apply to the uploader adding several to a dozen tags after originally uploading with minimum to bare tagging.

Monde de merde
@Ereiam
Probably. But it shows the wonderful thing about freedom of speech. One can call the crazies out and pick apart their arguments bit by bit. Extremism is tempered when it meets the majority’s opinions and people see how bonkers the far right and the far left actually is. And thus the majority rejects them. But they have had their time in the spotlight. They have said their piece. And their cause deflates.
When suppressing extremism it becomes stronger, the extremist can legitimately claim to be suppressed and provide proof of it. An echochamber is created and the most ardent extremist take actions. People die.

Your logic is backwards. Because the extremists appeal to gullible people like the QAnon and MAGA crowd, they can spread their disinformation to rile people up and manipulate them in the direction they want. Any time they get a slap on the wrist because the platform realize their brand of craziness might scare off the advertisers, they play the victimization card and manufacture further outrage for their benefit.  
full  
Meanwhile, the voices of reason are being unfairly quieted for bogus TOC infractions with limited possibilities of appeal and can no longer keep the crazies in check by educating people. That’s what Team Youtube has been doing, that’s the situation we’re in right now.
silbasa
Non-Fungible Trixie -

@Background Pony #5A8C  
Yup. That’s why the principle is what’s important, not what someone feels about it.

@Ereiam  
Some level of Qanon tier stuff will always exist and must be tolerated. My answer remains the same, let them speak. Keep the principle intact. Let Alex Jones rant away about gay frogs or whatever else so he does not become the man in your comic.

The problem on the internet is that democratic protections do not apply there. In practice it’s a monopoly and at the same time it is private property that has grown to the point where it replaces normal real life discourse and leaves it in the hands of the likes of Team Youtube. (A company with a political agenda in addition to profit.)

Recent events have shown these companies the power they actually have and what they can get away with. Laws will take years to catch up and in the meantime we all have a huge democratic problem on our hands. Our right to free speech is in the hands of private corporations.

@NitroFury  
Not really.
Ereiam

Monde de merde
@silbasa  
On many of those points you are actually right (notably about the monopolistic nature of big tech platforms — which is also addressed in the video I linked).  
Your mistake, however, was to misconstrue Team Youtube’s political agenda for leftist, when it’s actually neoliberal.
Penguin Dragneel
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Thread Starter - Weeb Wars: The Anime Controversy Thread
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
Artist -

The Latest Tax Write-Off
In North Carolina, a 6-year-old African-American kid was arrested for picking a tulip off of a bus stop. AND WAS PUT ON TRIAL.

I am legitimately disgusted, knowing that my state would do something as reprehensible as this.
silbasa
Non-Fungible Trixie -

@Ereiam  
I would agree were it not for the Project Veritas video with the youtube director in it. Youtube has also hired Southern Poverty Law Center people as moderators in the past that they used against firearms channels for some odd reason. Internally the company leans left.

@NitroFury  
Hollywoods the ones losing money so their loss. Do you think SJWs are a good thing?

@Penguin Dragneel  
This sounds bad.
Ereiam

Monde de merde
@Penguin Dragneel  
Reminds me that the United States hold the embarrassing position of being the only nation in the world who still hasn’t ratified the UN Convention on the Rights of the Child.

@silbasa  
>Project Veritas  
full

Also you’re still making the mistake of seeing big tech companies paying lip service to social issues and hiring useful idiots of the SJW variety as an actual ideological commitment instead of the window-dressing grift it truly is: they don’t actually care about your outrage, they only care about the ad money it’s gonna net them.
Violet Rose in The Rain
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

>Project Veritas

You mean the group who tampered with their own Planned Parenthood by editing the responses about how tissue donation works to make it sound like they were selling the tissue (in reality PP charges a fee but it’s to keep cost down, they are not making a profit on it)?

Reminder that among all the times that these assholes have gone out of their way to ruin random innocent peoples lives, they attempted to poison the investigation of credibly-accused child rapist and Republican senate candidate Roy Moore by planting an Veritas employee as a supposed victim and then exposing how her story would not add up.

James O’Keefe should have gone to prison, and he should continue to be in prison. Him being banned from Twitter is not ‘cancel culture’, it is evidence that cancel culture does not actually exist in any meaningful fashion. He should be doing hard labor for his crimes and never get to see the light of day again.
Violet Rose in The Rain
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

Also, remember the “dildo Boat” incident where he tried to lure a female CNN reporter to a boat filled with dildos to “prove” all female reporters sleep with people for stories?

Or that around the same time, one of O’Keefe’s female employees accused O’Keefe and another of her male coworkers of drugging her and then ditching her on the side of the road after she became ill?

Bonus
silbasa
Non-Fungible Trixie -

@Ereiam  
I know. But their video cannot be seen as false. And boy she was caught on tape.  
Again the video tells a different story. They have taken on a “social responsibility” now. I am talking about Google specifically here.

@NitroFury  
Alrighty then.

@Penguin Dragneel  
I’m a big brain boy. Stating the obvious online since before sjws were a thing!

@Violet Rose in The Rain  
Wow. You seem a tad more unhinged than normal today. As stated I know what and who they are, but the video evidence in the story I refer to is solid. They did not manufacture that.

For reference the video I keep ranting on about: https://www.bitchute.com/video/re9Xp6cdkro/ - Check the section with the engineer and the google executive. The rest can be ignored.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Sky Railroad Merch Shop!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide