Don't blame me, I voted for the other guy. (Politics General)

Dustcan
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Condensed Milk - State-Approved Compensation

Dogs
@Background Pony #137C

Because they literally know more about what happen to Seuss books than they do anything else, like the Covid relief package.

To average Joe Republican’s defense, that has more to do how right wing media (Fox News. Of course it means Fox News) wants to distract and bamboozle their audience with culture war nonsense and keep them from learning about real matters (like Covid relief packages). Also to keep them from learning. The GOP hates not only an educated populous, but education as a concept.
tehwatever
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends.

The GOP hates not only an educated populous, but education as a concept.
Disagree. They want smart population. Smart enough to understand and execute the party’s programs, but not too smart they start looking for alternatives that run counter to the party’s values.
Dustcan
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Condensed Milk - State-Approved Compensation

Dogs
@tehwatever

Nah that’s corporations. Wanting a workforce smart enough to push buttons on the machines, but not smart enough to ask why they are working multiple jobs to still not earn enough to live on while their bosses are earning enough to live multiple lives on without working at all.

On the subject of voters though, many polling and voter history research shows that higher education typically leads to leftward leaning voting habits. So of course, instead of crafting a policy around appealing to something that fundamentally betters mankind, much like with voting rights the GOP sees that and thinks “I must prevent this.”
Background Pony #5A8C
@tehwatever  
That’s what both parties generally want. That’s what any party that wants power wants. It makes logical sense, you are right, you need power to show everyone else you are right. If they have a different philosophy they just don’t know the right things. They really on easily manipulated people to push the line that “oh those other people are stupid, not like us, that’s why they disagree”.
silbasa
Pixel Perfection - Hot Pockets Spotted
Non-Fungible Trixie -
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition

Dagnabbit, it seems the AstraZeneca vaccine is causing blood clots. This delays European vaccination a great deal. Most EU countries stop using it for now. 1 person died from it in Norway.
Background Pony #5A8C
@Background Pony #5A8C  
Just to give a good isolated example of this, look at the war on drugs. For years this was supported by both major parties. Personal motivations played a part for politicians throughout the years, Harry Anslinger who helped kick off the war on drugs was a racist who wanted to get rid of marijuana because of his hatred for blacks. I think the majority did it though because they honestly thought it was beneficial to society, and those that disagreed were just not smart enough to see it.

Turns out many of these drugs could have great benefits but we never knew. Researchers couldn’t study psilocybin due to it’s classification.
Latecomer

@Background Pony #F883  
There’s certainly a place for that - but on the other hand, the resources that might be used for such lessons are not exactly few.

@warc9  
This is the age of print-on-demand and PDFs. An already created work doesn’t really need to be prifitable, does it?
Latecomer

@CaptainXtra  
Hmm…given that a lot of social media, like Facebook, is real-name rather than screen-name, or at least often publuc-identuty… well, has there been any significant fraud problem?
Background Pony #1086
@Goku Black  
Kinda doubtful, considering how much money social media makes. But yeah, it could be a problem.

@CaptainXtra  
Already predicting most of EU will follow, If not, all.
silbasa
Pixel Perfection - Hot Pockets Spotted
Non-Fungible Trixie -
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition

@Dustcan

“This bill simply says, ‘please stay to the peaceful protests,’” he said. “Don’t block roads. Don’t impede on the freedoms of others.”

Seems sensible enough? Imagine being a white dude trapped in a car in the middle of a BLM riot. They start tearing up your car. Do you have time to wait until the systemic racism is addressed before they get to you?
Background Pony #B7C2
@Dustcan  
That bill seems fine, it even seems like the Democrats are ok with it in principal, just not happy about the focus on it. The other bill mentioned at the end is the real problem

“The legislation also outlines punishments and fines for organizations involved in the planning of a riot”.

This can so easily be abused to punish organizations involved in protests but unintentional rioting also occurs. You could use it to bully these organizations.
Background Pony #1086
Link

I don’t know, I find this a double edged sword, on one hand it could prevent abuse, but, it would further the problem and the abuse would continue if overseas.

Though what really concerns me is will the rest of the world decide to do the verified id thing and ban vpn too???
Background Pony #1086
@Background Pony #1086  
To add to that, i do feel the creator of petition probably is aware she’s destroying anonymity, but if she didn’t create the petition, more attacks on her son. To be fair, there are parents who actually can parent better, but pretty much want anonymity gone.

And i feel that if she finds out it only effects Britain, she’ll probably ask the parliament to consider banning vpns and such, and tell the rest of the world to consider having a law like that.

Lastly, i feel she’s aware it could also cause problems for abuse victims and such, she’ll probably make a law to exclude them from being stripped of anonymity.

Exaggerating, but who knows?  
full
Background Pony #1086
@CaptainXtra  
Well, to be frank, i could see the parliament shoot it down, so who knows?  
And another thing, if it does get shot down, it could be likely it could get snuck in a bill.

@Background Pony #1086
I shudder at the idea of Karens having that much power.

And don’t forget SJW’s. Though i feel Karens hate SJW’s.
Background Pony #1086
@CaptainXtra  
One more thing:

A thing i should note is that it’s hard to find a way to protect people without removing anonymity, that is actually what makes this worse. There could be a way though, so…
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Champions of Equestria

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide