Don't blame me, I voted for the other guy. (Politics General)

Dustcan
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Condensed Milk - State-Approved Compensation

Dogs
Some funny Senate news some not funny.

A few days ago Sen. Ron Johnson tried to delay the Coronavirus relief package by forces senators real the entire 600+ page document on the senate floor. A move that would cause the vote to instead of taking 10 hours would now take 20 hours. However he decided to no-show the event alongside other GOP senators, allowing the package talks to instead take only 3 hours.

On the other hand, Bernie Sanders did manage to force the $15 minimum wage vote to happen. It failed 58-42, with all GOP of course going Nay while 8 Dems also said “Fuck you” to the working class.
Background Human
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

CHS, Class of 20XX
@Dustcan  
For the record, the Sanders vote was about attaching the minimum wage to the COVID bill, over the parliamentarian’s objection. It’s possible that the nays were voting for “regular order”, like McCain did when he saved the ACA.

This is why we need a clean bill for $15, to force an up-or-down vote on the merits without any procedural excuses.
Background Pony #EDD1
@Dustcan  
That’s because the minimum wage being attached was a cheap political move. If you want to pass something like that do it as it’s own legislation, don’t attach it to an unrelated relief bill.
Vivace
Artist -

“ShimSham my GlimGlams”
While it is a political move, of course, I think that ordinary citizens who want the MW to be raised to $15 would take it either as its own bill or as part of the COVID relief.
CaptainXtra

STOP KOSA!
@Ereiam  
When did the internet as a whole decide to just label “my lady” as a thing that Men with an abundance of facial hair on their neck say?

“My lady” was a thing prominent in the Victorian era so how does modern day society attribute it to one group of guys with virtually everyone agreeing on its new definition across the board?
Random-Rambling
Pixel Perfection - Hot Pockets Spotted
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -

tinyurl.com/dymbb3a
@Ereiam
When did the internet as a whole decide to just label “my lady” as a thing that Men with an abundance of facial hair on their neck say?
“My lady” was a thing prominent in the Victorian era so how does modern day society attribute it to one group of guys with virtually everyone agreeing on its new definition across the board?

Because of the common “neck beard” stereotype: someone who is trying WAY too hard and is putting up an incredibly fake showing of “chivalry” and “gentlemanliness” purely to get laid with a woman.

It’d be manipulative as fuck if it wasn’t so pathetic.
Violet Rose in The Rain

@neutralgrey
Ever owned one? It’s pretty great. Accidents can ofc happen, keep your insurance up!
Never had a car breakdown on me. As long as your car is maintained, fueled and not very old breakdowns are rare in my experience.

You remind me of that one excerpt from an American political interview where a man asked a Trump supporter, “How do you think America is doing” with a “I’m personally doing fine, thanks” type of reply.

Just a thought.
Background Pony #79F9
@neutralgrey
Ever owned one? It’s pretty great. Accidents can ofc happen, keep your insurance up!
Never had a car breakdown on me. As long as your car is maintained, fueled and not very old breakdowns are rare in my experience.
You remind me of that one excerpt from an American political interview where a man asked a Trump supporter, “How do you think America is doing” with a “I’m personally doing fine, thanks” type of reply.
Just a thought.
Are you in a better place than you were 4 years ago?
Absolutely, absolutely.
Is American in a better place?
I believe, absolutely.
[interviewer lists negative issues]
Yes, lemme just tell you this much; yes,I’m doing much better! I’m literally making four times as much as I was making when Obama was president.
What do you do?
I work for a debt relief company
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
My Little Ties crafts shop

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide