Don't blame me, I voted for the other guy. (Politics General)

Background Pony #8A0F
@Scrabbleman  
Your article is kinda shallow, but it refers USA Today’s article ‘Read Across America Day,’ once synonymous with Dr. Seuss, is diversifying. Here’s why things have changed. which seems more in line what I’ve have gathered from the situation. This “controversy” has been several years in a making and happened to come into fruition now.

I don’t see how current administration much to do with this. This probably would have happened under the previous too, if re-elected.
Background Pony #E24F
@Background Human  
Agreed 100%. The president has taken this supreme position in a lot of people’s minds where if something happens it falls on him. “Oh this piece of legislation failed? Fuck you president”. Admittedly candidates don’t help the situation when they make a ton of promises on the campaign trail.
Background Pony #CEFC
The Texas thing really has me interested. I don’t expect much of a problem with COVID there due to the fact that texas was already mostly open before this was done, and I don’t believe people down there wearing masks right now are doing so because the government said they had to, I think those people (the large majority of Texans) did so because they believe it will protect them. As for businesses they can still require masks, and many are doing so.
Violet Rose in The Rain
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

This is basically a weekly occurrence at this point, something is changed and there is a faux moral outrage from the Right about how something precious and special is getting cancelled.

Personally? I don’t really care if they sell these books or not, it doesn’t actually matter in my opinion.
Zincy
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Wallet After Summer Sale -
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

In Vino Veritas
In more news of Virginia dragging the south into the 21st century, Northam signed a data privacy bill.

The bill in question, the second of it’s kind in the US, will give consumers the ability to opt out of data collection for targeted ads. It will also, under threat of fine, require companies to inform customers in VA if their data is being collected.
Ebalosus
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Silver Bit -
Sapphire -
Happy Derpy! -
Bronze Supporter -

Build commie blocks!
@Background Human

And now that Bush has been out of office for over a decade, all the liberals love him despite him doing much worse shit than Trump and getting away with it. Can’t wait to see Trump rehabilitated once Tom Cotton or Richard Spencer becomes president…
neutralgrey
Solar Guardian - Refused to surrender in the face of the Lunar rebellion and showed utmost loyalty to the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Silver Bit -

This is basically a weekly occurrence at this point, something is changed and there is a faux moral outrage from the Right about how something precious and special is getting cancelled.
Personally? I don’t really care if they sell these books or not, it doesn’t actually matter in my opinion.

^  
This
Wiimeiser
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Dream Come True! - Participated in the MLP 9th Anniversary Event
A Tale For The Ages - Celebrated MLP's 35th Anniversary and FiM's 8th Anniversary
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag

(Foil Hat)
@Scrabbleman
Your article is kinda shallow, but it refers USA Today’s article ‘Read Across America Day,’ once synonymous with Dr. Seuss, is diversifying. Here’s why things have changed. which seems more in line what I’ve have gathered from the situation. This “controversy” has been several years in a making and happened to come into fruition now.

Unfortunately I can’t read the article because I have Adblock, can someone please tell me the fine points?
Zincy
Non-Fungible Trixie -

In Vino Veritas
Ron Jonson, the second most endangered Republican senator for 2022, plans to drag and delay the covid bill for as long as he can.

A bill that, I remind you, has broad bipartisan support across America and the backing of many traditionally Republican leaning assets like the national Chamber of Commerce.
Background Pony #CEFC
@Zincy  
I just read about this, I didn’t know that any senator could force a reading of the bill and nobody can stop you. Good on him for it though, if legislators want to stuff bills with unrelated stuff they should have to sit through a reading of it.
igotnopicks
Thread Starter - Splatoon thread

Monado User
This dipshit has some nerve:
full

Bruh he did say Texas is 100% Covid Free he saw this coming a mile away.

@Violet Rose in The Rain  
Also, I don’t wanna be that type of girl, but Republicans whingeing about Doctor Seuss seems like an attempt at a distraction from CPAC, their sad yet scary attempt at a Capitol coup, their attempts to kill even more people in Texas and Qanon.
I don’t really care about the whole Dr. Seuss book thing.
Background Pony #CEFC
It’s fun because the system is

Liberals complain about Seuss  
Conservatives complain about liberals complaining about Seuss  
Liberals complain about Conservatives complaining about Liberals complaining about Seuss.
Background Pony #ED72
This “controversy” has been several years in a making and happened to come into fruition now.
I don’t see how current administration much to do with this. This probably would have happened under the previous too, if re-elected.
In point of fact, it kind of did happen under the previous administration. Per an article on the matter by the Associated Press…  
The decision to cease publication and sales of the books was made last year after months of discussion, the company, which was founded by Seuss’ family, told AP.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
KilianKuro Commissions!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide