Don't blame me, I voted for the other guy. (Politics General)

vit
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
The End wasn't The End - For those that found a new home

@Wiimeiser  
He and people like him call every criticism and every instance of being kicked off of media platforms to be “cancel culture”.  
Hell, CPAC cancelled an anti-Semitic speaker essentially because he was too obvious about it and saying the quiet part out loud.
Dustcan
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Condensed Milk - State-Approved Compensation

Dogs
@CaptainXtra

Respectively, it literally had a nazi symbol for a stage and was all about Trump.

The only thing missing to complete the hat trick was a direct allusion to the Klan, but considering how incestuous and overlapping the alt-right is theirs wasn’t much of an omission.
Zincy
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

In Vino Veritas
Intentional or not, the optics were pretty bad on it.

Always get your designs tested out before putting them into the spotlight.
Zincy
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -

In Vino Veritas
@Dustcan

Yea, the impracticality and specificity of the design are definitely points that make it seem deliberate. Why that shape? There are no obvious benefits to it, no (non-nazi) symbolism behind it, it’s not a design by a well known designer, and it doesn’t invoke anything about the event.

If it was just randomly chosen, then they really should have done a basic spot check. Pro-tip, if you’ve recently had situations leveled at you comparing you to a group that has a lot of recognizable symbols, be careful with any “random” designs you employ. Do a dang Google search at the very least.
Zincy
Non-Fungible Trixie -

In Vino Veritas
On a similar note, fuck Christians that get offended by turnabout when it comes to these symbols.

They can use, misuse, and denigrate symbols of other religions and at best not bat an eye, at worst tell people to grow a thicker skin/insult them.

But joke about Jesus, or use Christian symbols in satirical ways and they lose their collective shit.

Turnabout is fair play you chicken livered dipshits.
Dustcan
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Dogs
full

That sad part is how accurate it is.

Relatedly, Biden has had his first drone strike as president this week. The administration has decided that bombing Syria was more important than delivering those $2000 $1400 stimulus checks.
Background Pony #ED72
Relatedly, Biden has had his first drone strike as president this week. The administration has decided that bombing Syria was more important than delivering those $2000 $1400 stimulus checks.
First of all, I’m pretty sure that the last time I checked, $600 plus $1,400 still equaled $2,000.

Secondly, the stimulus checks are part of a much larger relief bill that needs to pass the House and Senate before it can be signed and said relief provided. Given the abject refusal by most if not all of the Republican traitors (but I repeat myself) to help, and the fact that changes to the bill almost certain to happen in the Senate will send it back to the House, there’s not really any way it can move more quickly than it is.
Latecomer

@Scrabbleman  
Are people? I don’t recall much of that allegation even against Trump - just that conditions were horrible and unsafe. Of course, I’ve heard Biden is keeping the same companies on to run them, so one wonders how much has actuslly changed…
Background Pony #E24F
@Latecomer  
I don’t think anyone is dying. I do wonder though how many of those people taking a nuanced look now we’re doing so for the last 4 years under Trump. They’d probably just scream that nothing under Trump is nuanced though in order to not face their double standard.
Ereiam
Betrayal! - Betrayed their team for a badge. Shame forever!
Solar Guardian - Refused to surrender in the face of the Lunar rebellion and showed utmost loyalty to the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Fine Arts - Two hundred uploads with a score of over a hundred (Safe/Suggestive)
Perfect Pony Plot Provider - Uploader of 10+ images with 350 upvotes or more (Questionable/Explicit)
Notoriously Divine Tagger - Consistently uploads images above and beyond the minimum tag requirements. And/or additionally, bringing over the original description from the source if the image has one. Does NOT apply to the uploader adding several to a dozen tags after originally uploading with minimum to bare tagging.
Cool Crow - "Caw!" An awesome tagger
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - Organization is important.

Monde de merde
@Latecomer  
Well, I do recall that some children have indeed died in custody under Trump (at least four of them). Not sure if measures to prevent that have been taken while he was still in power or if things haven’t changed a bit since then (would be truly awful if that was the case, and at any rate I have no doubt there’s still more that ought to be done even now).
Dustcan
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Dogs
@Background Pony #ED72

No, I understand basic math.

I also get that, as AOC also pointed out, “$2000 means $2000”. And Biden himself in the leadup to the Georgia runoffs made it very clear that “$2000 checks”, not “$1400 checks” were on the line with control of the Senate, and finally that if Dems did win the Senate the stimulus checks would come out “immediately”. Shoot, Warnock - one of the Dems running in those Georgia runoffs - advertised an image of a $2000 check. Not a “$1400 plus $600 equals $2000” check, a no-bones unambiguous “$2000 check”.

So what we got here is another “Thanks for the votes, suckers!” by Biden. Promising in exact words “$2000 checks” only to get in office and bait and switch it to “$600 plus $1400 equals $2000!”

Oh and for that matter, we’re a month and half after the inauguration and no $2000 stimulus $1400 Fuck Yous have been approved, let alone released yet. But what we do have is Biden dropping 3500 full ride scholarships to Harvard worth of bombs on Syria. Proving once again that under Americapitalism ending brown lives takes infinitely more priority than improving anyone’s lives. So much for even that “Immediately” part.

@Scrabbleman  
full

To be fair, the devil is in the details. Obama created the policy as a stopgap solution to ease the burden on the immigration systems until a more palpable solution was implemented. Trump turned it into the start and finish of his entire policy, while slapping GOP signature “The cruelty is the point” policies on it to bog it down in inefficiency. Biden has reversed most of Trump’s changes to turn it back into a stopgap solution.

But to be even more fair, yeah. Remove the fluff, BS and excuses and that image is right.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Champions of Equestria

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide