Don't blame me, I voted for the other guy. (Politics General)

HorsesandMuchMOAR
Chaotic Little Trees - 1000+ images under their artist tag
A Really Hyper Artist - 500+ images under their artist tag
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
Dream Come True! - Participated in the MLP 9th Anniversary Event
A Tale For The Ages - Celebrated MLP's 35th Anniversary and FiM's 8th Anniversary
A Really Classy Artist - 250+ images under their artist tag
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag
Cool Crow - "Caw!" An awesome tagger
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant

Gallusposting since 2019
In Ulm, Germany, city officials (and several local companies) are setting up pods for homeless people that even have Wifi to make residents less dependent on mobile companies.

I think that Malaysia also needs this for its homeless people. But in the US, where things are more pricey, perhaps some people might oppose it as “eatin’ taxpayer money” or makin’ people dependent on teh gubermint.

What do you think of that project? Is it helping homeless workers and salarymen, or will it encourage parasitic lifestyles ?

full
CottonTales
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!
Artist -
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

Ruler of Sheep
@HorsesandMuchMOAR  
I don’t know why homeless people would need wi-fi…like I don’t know how often they have phones and can’t just go near one of the many other establishments with public wi-fi.  
But imo the pods are good but would have to be maintained to stay clean and safe, giving homeless folk a safe and open place to rest when the weather is especially awful would save lives. Even when its not awful giving them a place to rest is only a positive
HorsesandMuchMOAR
Chaotic Little Trees - 1000+ images under their artist tag
A Really Hyper Artist - 500+ images under their artist tag
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
Dream Come True! - Participated in the MLP 9th Anniversary Event
A Tale For The Ages - Celebrated MLP's 35th Anniversary and FiM's 8th Anniversary
A Really Classy Artist - 250+ images under their artist tag
Cool Crow - "Caw!" An awesome tagger

Gallusposting since 2019
@CottonTales

Perhaps some homeless people work in offices, and such jobs would require a computer and Internet access to complete charts or communicate with colleagues and bosses. These people could be too poor to afford even a rented apartment.

Something like some office workers in Japan, who had to sleep in capsules due to expensive rental pricing.
Dustcan
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Condensed Milk - State-Approved Compensation

Dogs
@HorsesandMuchMOAR

Meanwhile in America, we destroy shacks for the homeless charities constructed so people will still technically have a roof over their head. Even in the middle of a pandemic.

Why? Well, can’t have the homeless obstructing the pretty view of the environment or have plebs not scared out of their minds in order to grease the cogs of capitalism.

@CottonTales

At least in America 40% of homeless do have a job. And nowadays internet connection is all but mandatory no matter what your job is.

Like my old security job, even though all I did was squat in a parking garage and occasionally patrol it for vagrants I still had to go online to do all my paycheck stuff.
Ciaran
ラ・ゼッタ - For supporting the site
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Lunar Guardian - Earned a place among the ranks of the most loyal New Lunar Republic soldiers (April Fools 2023).
Crystal Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Tree of Harmony - Drew someone's OC for the 2022 Community Collab
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab

Senior Moderator
友情は魔法だ
@HorsesandMuchMOAR

@Dustcan

@CottonTales

What ‘homeless’ looks like changes across the planet. I worked in Tokyo for awhile and often had co-workers crash at my place instead of sleeping on the street. Not because they were homeless, but because a meeting ran late and there was no way for them to get TO their home after the trains all shut down.

Slept on the street myself a couple times. Tokyo is a huge fucking city, and getting a taxi after midnight can cost you $500 just to get them to stop and consider giving you a ride. Like: literally, hold out a ¥5,0000 bill and they roll the window down just enough to grab it, then you get to find out if they’ll take you home or not.

[protip: if you include your business card and you work for a god-tier keiretsu you will get a ride, but it will cost you the equivalent of half a month’s salary in the US]

At just ¥1,0000 a night, those cube hotels are fucking awesome. Some even have showers for rent.

Those outdoor cubes look like upgraded trashcans though. I mean, yay for more housing for the homeless, but maybe just have a cube hotel thing where someone’s responsible for cleaning them once a day or something and there’s showers and maybe even a locker for your shit. Like a truckstop at least, maybe. More dumpsters doesn’t seem like anything more than a feel-good temporary solution to the problem that will only make things more shitty over time.
Background Human
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

CHS, Class of 20XX
Parler is back, with a new logo and a new CEO. I’m honestly a bit surprised; I thought they’d take their ball and go home.

All the old content has been wiped, because cloud migration is harrrd. (Don’t let the sarcasm fool you: it really is a bitch.) And it takes a little while for DNS servers to update, so don’t be surprised if parler.com still sends you to the old “under construction” blog for now. Until then, the new site is at 216.246.208.249.

Ironically, this gives the lie to conservative wailing about “Big Tech”. It was dumb of them to rely on Amazon of all companies in the first place, and they were able to find a home on the Web without it. Then again, they’re still being hosted by a third party, so don’t be surprised if they get nuked again after March 4.
Scrabbleman
Duck - He literally asked for this
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Artist -
Birthday Cake - Celebrated MLP's 7th birthday
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2017) - Celebrated Derpibooru's five year anniversary with friends.
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

[screams in German]
@Violet Rose in The Rain  
When the Capitol was ransacked by Conservatives, she calls it horrible. When the BLM riots occured and the autonomous zone was set up, she claims that it’s a peaceful protest and that protests are supposed to make you afraid.

Both are bad. It doesn’t matter whether one is worse than the other. Both are still bad.

Also, AOC was against Amazon having a place in New York, even though it would’ve created thousands of jobs. Worse was that she claimed that we can use the tax thing (idk what it was called but basically Amazon would’ve gotten tax cuts by about $2 million) for other places like healthcare.

Problem: the money doesn’t exist. You can’t use tax cut money when no taxes were cut. The $2M isn’t a thing unless Amazon actually sets it up. Money doesn’t just poof out in mid-air.

Even worse was the fact that AOC has a degree in economics!
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
My Little Ties crafts shop

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide