Don't blame me, I voted for the other guy. (Politics General)

Dustcan
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Condensed Milk - State-Approved Compensation

Dogs
Which is one of the big reasons why I think people saying he was acquitted or found not guilty are phrasing it poorly.

Nah they’re phrasing it exactly how it is. Sure in 20 years after the GOP has a new fuhrer to simp over and the Fox News viewer has a new boot to stick their neck under Trump will likely be another Bush; something the GOP kinda glosses over. And in 50 years or so he’s likely to be another Nixon; a bad joke people cite as the definitive example of presidential corruption…so far.

But right now people calling it a miscarriage of justice are right.
Ebalosus
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Silver Bit -
Sapphire -
Happy Derpy! -
Bronze Supporter -
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

Build commie blocks!
@Dustcan

You forgot the part where the libs forgive all of Trump’s crimes and have ‘heartwarming’ photo-ops with him to show how awful the current republican president is. At least it’ll be more justified than with Bush, because Trump didn’t do nearly as many terrible things as Bush did…
Background Pony #79F9
@Background Pony #70D6
Those four years were pretty great in my opinion. You simply see things differently. Which is fine, that’s freedom of opinion in this country.

full

Also for a bit of fun, search out how this subhuman routinely abused her daughter. Makes sense that she was a trusted Trump advisor for so long.
Background Pony #70D6
Nah they’re phrasing it exactly how it is.
Well it may convey the same outcome, but still think stating it that way misleads a bit. I mean, simply saying the Senate voted to acquit makes it sound like that was the majority decision, when the reality is the majority of people there did think he was responsible and did think he was guilty. I prefer a statement that makes that aspect of the trial results more apparent, especially since some people never venture past the headline of an article.

@Dustcan  
But right now people calling it a miscarriage of justice are right.
And that I will agree with, wholeheartedly.

I suppose I will just have to content myself with the surety that history will always remember the outcome of this event for what it really is… a failure of Senate Republicans to put their constitutional responsibilities over party and convict a grossly incompetent authoritarian that the preponderance of evidence clearly indicated was guilty.
igotnopicks
Thread Starter - Splatoon thread

Monado User
@MagpulPony  
Ha ha.

Not really. Do you want me to point out Trump flaw.  
It was his ego. When the American people voted you not to be president again it will effect your ego. And Trump’s ego got in the way of everything he did including the Corana Virus. He wasn’t strong on immigration. He wanted a wall to built with our tax payer money and he said Mexico would pay for it. And the meme that was his presidency to live is the SPACE FORCE!!!
Background Human
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

CHS, Class of 20XX
Followup to Dustcan’s story: it wasn’t quite “on the spot” and it wasn’t quite a firing, but the guy who harassed the reporter is gone. Some small consolation after an otherwise bad day for accountability. Nature is healing.

Even without this, it’s kind of refreshing to have a scandal that lasts for more than one news cycle before getting pushed off the front page by another scandal.
MethidMan
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Artist -

Republicans seem to have not considered that the next demagogue in the White House could be a left wing radical who incites a mob of Antifa, Black Lives Matter, communists, illegals, atheists, lesbians and baby killers, and they’ll be coming for THEM.

Remember, right-wingers: you set this bar.
Penguin Dragneel
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Thread Starter - Weeb Wars: The Anime Controversy Thread
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
Artist -

The Latest Tax Write-Off
@MagpulPony  
Except for the fact that the internet turned into a cesspool of political attacks, doxxing, and generally toxic behavior as a result. Not to mention that last act that Trump signed MOMENTS before he went out of office.

Don’t give me that bulls###.
Background Pony #A937
@MethidMan  
The bar has been raised consecutively with every administration. Just look at how each preaident is increasing EOs. Biden is continuing it and the next person will as well.
Dustcan
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Condensed Milk - State-Approved Compensation

Dogs
@Background Human

On the one hand that phrasing got me to almost cynically respond “Okay. So we live in the timeline where being a traitor and threat to democracy gets you off scot free while saying some rude things in a fit gets you shitcanned. Okay.”

But then I remembered we’re in a new administration now. So yes, we live in the timeline where being a traitor and threat to democracy gets you off scot free while also now have an administration where basic decency is the standard once again.

Better than before if nothing else.
Background Pony #1F81
Honest questions but was everyone a lot happier and less cynical before they got involved in politics online?

Becuase online politics does shit to you man
Background Human
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

CHS, Class of 20XX
@Dustcan  
Fulton County and the state of Georgia are looking into Trump’s pressure campaign on Ben Roethlisberger Brad Raffensperger. Be kinda funny if he faced consequences for that and not for January 6.

But these things happen. They only got Capone for tax evasion.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
My Little Ties crafts shop

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide