Don't blame me, I voted for the other guy. (Politics General)

Wiimeiser
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Dream Come True! - Participated in the MLP 9th Anniversary Event
Wallet After Summer Sale -
A Tale For The Ages - Celebrated MLP's 35th Anniversary and FiM's 8th Anniversary
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag

(Foil Hat)
Re-Logic’s Google account has been banned for no apparent reason, they got an email saying their YT channel had received a ToS violation but whatever was in the email is still private AFAIK.

Relevant Twitter thread here

I have reason to believe their ban was literally for no reason other than Google exerting its monopoly, what do you guys think? Or is this another bot malfunction? Either way, the reason I’m bringing this up here and not the Video Game Thread is because this could be more political than you’d think…

EDIT: A related tweet from @speed_smile:  
ah if someone as big as terraria can get fucked over by youtube then what chance do we small people have if this shit ever happens. God I want off this platform and twitch so badly where are the alternatives???
Background Pony #581E
@Ebalosus  
When you’re alone in front of a bunch of doxing nazis, you keep your privacy close to you or else you get the equivalent of a bounty on your head fueled by Encyclopedia Dramatica and KiwiFarms. I just showed an article demonstrating A+B that your garbage subculture is infiltrated by nazis and you are doing a “No U”  
In the parlance of said garbage nazi hive, Cope. The days of your lolbertarian Internet are numbered and 4chan is a nazi website,infiltrated by nazis
Background Pony #5A29
@Violet Rose in The Rain  
Compromise is how any progress will be made, being stubborn and refusing to compromise is what stalls everything out. If you have a radical position you’re not going to make much progress without it
Background Pony #581E
Article is “The Man Who Helped Turn 4chan Into the Internet’s Racist Engine” just for context and just so i can shove it in your in-denial face again. You’re supporting the equivalent of Facebook with a punk mohawk my dude.Being “counterculture” does not make you immune for propaganda, this is why people trying to kill politicians carried 4chan QAnon sign ,not sign with Tumblr memes on it

Selected exceprt

Over time, /pol/ has come to dominate the public perception of 4chan, overshadowing the quieter, less vile topic areas which make up much of the activity on the site. /pol/ is regularly the most active board on the site, but even so, it makes up a small portion of the total posts. Under RapeApe’s management, however, /pol/’s bigotry has metastasized.

“The plausible deniability excuse for racism—I was just joking, I was just trolling—is bullshit,” Whitney Phillips, an Assistant Professor of Communication and Rhetorical Studies at Syracuse University and author of This Is Why We Can’t Have Nice Things: Mapping the Relationship Between Online Trolling and Mainstream Culture, told Motherboard. “Intent can matter when thinking about the things people say, but it matters very little when considering consequences. Whether or not someone says a racist thing with hate in their heart, they’re still saying a racist thing and that still contributes to dehumanization and the normalization of harm. Anyway, the very criterion is absurd, as you can’t assess what’s in someone’s heart just by looking at the things they post, especially to a place like 4chan. The only reasonable conclusion is that**, whatever might have been written in the site rules, this moderator ensured that there was no policy against racism. Instead it became a pro-racism policy**.”

“The internet is one of the most powerful technologies the world has ever known, but why that power so often results in dehumanizing and hurting people is not as mysterious as we sometimes assume. It is the direct result of the choices people with control over internet platforms make.”

Anyway,lolbertarian Internet is preading nazism and i’ll gladly dance on its grave
Wiimeiser
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Dream Come True! - Participated in the MLP 9th Anniversary Event
A Tale For The Ages - Celebrated MLP's 35th Anniversary and FiM's 8th Anniversary
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag

(Foil Hat)
@Background Pony #5A29  
But the extremists refuse to compromise. The Alt-Right thinks the Left is set up to destroy fundamentalist tradition with gay marriage (I think that’s why they’re called the Left, correct me if I’m wrong) and the Far Left think the Right are colonial racists who believe everyone who isn’t a straight white cis Christian is a non-person who should be oppressed at best and destroyed at worst.
Background Pony #5A29
@Wiimeiser  
Yeah, and the extremists won’t get anywhere because they won’t compromise. Screaming ACAB and trying to burn down a police station may make you feel good, but it won’t help.
Background Pony #5A29
@Violet Rose in The Rain  
Republicans and Democrats are already major centrist parties appealing to the the country. They argue over the small swing voters in an attempt to win just enough. Their very existence is an act of compromise to get the power they have.

You’re a part of a fringe anti-establishment that wants to burn the whole system down and refuses any sort of compromise whatsoever for fear of being a “centrist”. That kind of attitude leads to no progress and no help to the people who need it
Background Pony #5A29
@Violet Rose in The Rain  
Evidence of what? That Republicans and Democrats by their nature have to compromise to be a party?

The parties are not just blanket groups of people who all agree on everything. When the Republicans wanted to repeal Obamacare in 2017 they needed to do so by compromising between the hardliners, the moderates, the freedom caucus.

The same applies to Democrats. The reason why these parties are so big is because they try to cast a large enough net to have the majority, but in casting such a large net they need to attract moderate Democrats and Progressives.
tehwatever
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends.

“The plausible deniability excuse for racism—I was just joking, I was just trolling—is bullshit,”
Ah yes. They tryna claim to be Ironic to cover up the possibility that they may actually be Post-Ironic. Very slick.
Background Pony #5A29
@Background Pony #C2DB  
It’ll change again, every so often my pfp and number changes, I’m just lucky for now. For guns I don’t know Biden’s true position, he is against assault weapons and in favor of expanded background checks, but even if he wants to go way beyond that he knows he won’t get it passed. Even an AWB would be difficult.
Dustcan
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Condensed Milk - State-Approved Compensation

Dogs
Anyone else following the GameStop short squeeze? I find it hilarious, especially at all the libs crying about how hedge fund managers are the real victims, and how GamerGate/The Russians™️/Trump supporters are behind it.

It reaffirms to me that late stage capitalism is a blight.

A handful of rich parasites manipulating the market to screw over an entire company Let’s set aside how godawful Gametstop is for a moment and cause thousands to lose their jobs - while we’re still in a pandemic where millions are jobless - is considered The Economy TM working exactly as intended.

A bunch of non-affluent actual people sees those parasites openly bragging about their plan, reads the stock market manual, and using those same rules to prevent a corporation from going under - saving thousands of jobs (I thought that was supposed to be a good thing…) and making some decent money in the process - and the establishment flips the fuck out. In a world where bureaucracy is notoriously slow they mobilized their entire apparatus within the 2 or so days this was happening to A) Bailout the handful of parasites who lost the game, B) had their media arms propaganda against Reddit (no joke), and most hilarious of all C) went full Madagascar President on the stock market to Shut. Down. EVERYTHING! to stop the peasants from enriching themselves through legal means even more. And now there’s talks about regulations that would prevent this from happening again!

Feudalism never went away. We just hit Ctrl F and Replace on the keywords.
Background Pony #5A29
@Dustcan  
Short sellers and retail investors are neither killing nor saving Gamestop. Short sellers are looking to profit off a company that is already expected to keep crashing while retail investors are pumping the price up to screw over those short sellers.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Sky Railroad Merch Shop!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide