Don't blame me, I voted for the other guy. (Politics General)

Background Pony #675E
@Violet Rose in The Rain  
Oh, you mean like how you just randomly brought up Trump’s “wall” as if it was a “gotcha” card? Yeah, that definitely wasn’t an attempt to stray away from the conversation, now, was it?
Ereiam
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Betrayal! - Betrayed their team for a badge. Shame forever!
Solar Guardian - Refused to surrender in the face of the Lunar rebellion and showed utmost loyalty to the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Fine Arts - Two hundred uploads with a score of over a hundred (Safe/Suggestive)
Perfect Pony Plot Provider - Uploader of 10+ images with 350 upvotes or more (Questionable/Explicit)
Notoriously Divine Tagger - Consistently uploads images above and beyond the minimum tag requirements. And/or additionally, bringing over the original description from the source if the image has one. Does NOT apply to the uploader adding several to a dozen tags after originally uploading with minimum to bare tagging.
Cool Crow - "Caw!" An awesome tagger
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - Organization is important.
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

Monde de merde
@Background Pony #675E  
You’re the one who seems to think building walls to contain climate change’s effects is a viable solution, which simply begged the comparison with Mr. Unpresidented’s stupid border wall which he fancied as a solution to illegal immigration in his simplistic, delusional mind (and look how that turned out).  
When all you have is a hammer…
Background Pony #58FE
@Background Pony #58FE  
(By flooding, I mean literal sea water and developing systems against it, not necessarily illegal (key word here: illegal, not legal) immigrants, if that’s what you’re assuming I was referring to.)
Background Pony #58FE
@Ereiam  
Trump’s wall was not worth the investment. The levee system that you’re referring to, is, as it would benefit everyone behind it (i.e. the great bulk of the Eastern and Southeastern U.S. population).

that would be better employed on solutions to reduce carbon emissions in the first place.

…At what point was I ever arguing against that??
Ereiam
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Betrayal! - Betrayed their team for a badge. Shame forever!
Solar Guardian - Refused to surrender in the face of the Lunar rebellion and showed utmost loyalty to the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Fine Arts - Two hundred uploads with a score of over a hundred (Safe/Suggestive)
Perfect Pony Plot Provider - Uploader of 10+ images with 350 upvotes or more (Questionable/Explicit)
Notoriously Divine Tagger - Consistently uploads images above and beyond the minimum tag requirements. And/or additionally, bringing over the original description from the source if the image has one. Does NOT apply to the uploader adding several to a dozen tags after originally uploading with minimum to bare tagging.
Cool Crow - "Caw!" An awesome tagger
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - Organization is important.

Monde de merde
@Background Pony #58FE  
And how is that levee system worth it? Again, thousands of miles of coast to cover, and a levee requires more money and material to build than a wall (plus what it’d take to maintain it against the erosion). Do you have any idea of how big a price tag that represents? Even if you were to funnel the whole military budget into it, I highly doubt the economy could shoulder such a burden.  
And that’s also discounting how such a massive build would disrupt the coastal ecosystem either.
Violet Rose in The Rain
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

@Ereiam

Don’t worry, according to some Background Pony with no credentials whatsoever, just because it works for one tiny island absolutely means we can scale it up for an entire continent with no drawbacks and regard for cost whatsoever.

Also, I love that you quoted me in that one post of yours from days ago.
Background Pony #5A29
Keep a suspicious eye on left leaning news sources for the next four years (Though really do it for all of them). Apparently the Washington Post tries to go back and edit an article on Kamala Harris to make it look better for her.
Violet Rose in The Rain
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).

Those who shout the loudest about the supposed sacredness of human life often point to RELIGION for justification. Ironic, don’t you think? When the history of religion is so often drenched in oceans of human blood?

Maybe it’s just me.

In nearly every religion, God (whatever flavor you like) wipes out human life with wild abandon. The Christian God killed every first born child in Egypt. He drowned the entire world, every human less eight. Doesn’t sound like humanity was all that special to Him.

You want to argue that abortion is immoral, an affront to the human condition? You want to argue that from the position of your your religion? From morality?

Please.
CottonTales
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag
Artist -

Ruler of Sheep
@Background Pony #0DE7  
You said to have it be a part of the educational curriculum for children growing up. You even said to have it be taught as the ‘right’ way not just a theoretical path.  
That is forcing it on others especially doing so to the young…if you didnt say those two things I wouldn’t have brought it up
tehwatever
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Artist -
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends.

@Violet Rose in The Rain  
That goes into theology, to be honest. Srry but I gotta say sumn. I’m sunni muslim, so I will say it from my perspective.

God himself isn’t to be emulated, nor compared to humans. God is also, not “moral.” Looking at what god does and then judge him thru what we consider moral and just is not working. Because you’re comparing a monstrous entity of literally unlimited power and authority over all of existence whose whims are never understood vs…you.

To think: every single death is God’s doing. every bloodshed from the beginning of life. In fact that’s one of his promise. “Every soul shall taste death.” That is no idle threat.

For the believers, the FINAL arbiter is simply God’s commandment. At the end of the day, one doesn’t try to wrestle the WHY in God’s commands because it’s futile.

Moral is what God says it is. However, God itself is neither moral nor good. those adjective are not for God. They’re meaningless anyway.

Value judgement on the one who has full access and rights over literally everything including your value judgement on him? meaningless.
tehwatever
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends.

@Violet Rose in The Rain  
Islam’s position on abortion is usually derived from this verse:

“Don’t kill children for fear of poverty. We will provide for them and for you. Killing them is a grave sin”

Make of that what you will. You have both prolife and prochoice muslims use the same verse to support their cause.

But back to your point: God kills babies everyday, anyway. He’s GOD. Cant do nothing bout it. But just because God kills or keeps babies doesnt mean you should. That’s the message of my long comment.
tehwatever
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -

Islam’s position on abortion is to offend literally everyone. here’s how.

Having children is a shared right between spouses.

Contraception is permissible with safer methods being preferred.

Once the woman’s egg is fertilized, it is impermissible to terminate the pregnancy without the mutual agreement of both parents.

Once the fetus reaches 40 days from conception, abortion becomes impermissible according to most scholars, unless a pressing need exists which justifies it in the eyes of Islamic law.

Once the fetus reaches 120 days, all scholars agree that terminating the gestation of a living fetus would only be allowed to save the mother’s life. Otherwise, it is unlawful feticide.

However, the scholars also deem abortion in the case of fetal demise permissible at any point.

Politically it means Islam dont recognize pro-choice. Abortion is not a woman’s right. It’s a parents right. Which means:  
if a pregnant woman is single, then it’s fully her right.  
If she’s married then she requires consent of her partner as well. Goes both ways; partner cannot force the pregnant partner to abort if she doesnt want to abort.

Contraception and family planning is also not categorically prohibited. which means if a couple dont want a kid they can stay childless or adopt.

I.e. offend everyone.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Pony Arts & Prints!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide