Don't blame me, I voted for the other guy. (Politics General)

Background Pony #5468
@HorsesandMuchMOAR  
Trickle up, baby - it works every time. If the 1% want to make more money then give it to the working class first. It all ends up in the pockets of the super rich anyway, but at least that way more people get to give their kids a full supper along the way, and it grows the economy instead of just WallStreet.
CottonTales
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag
Artist -
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

Ruler of Sheep
@HorsesandMuchMOAR  
Things will become more expensive but not to the degree some people think it will not even close businesses will know more people can pay a little more so they’ll raise costs somewhat to cover it but not too high as people just wouldn’t buy…theyll still be able to make CONSIDERABLE profit like this easily, like I’ve managed a few places it doesn’t take selling that much to make a profit and each items price raised MILDLY will make up for the extra cost of the workers quickly.  
The places hit the hardest by the increase of minimum wage though will be places that aren’t doing well already because they have to adjust everything more to stay afloat. Smaller businesses may have a harder time, I’m not 100 on that Ive never managed one of those it just seems that way by what I know
lonewolf
Lunar Guardian - Earned a place among the ranks of the most loyal New Lunar Republic soldiers (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Magical Inkwell - Wrote MLP fanfiction consisting of at least around 1.5k words, and has a verified link to the platform of their choice
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2017) - Celebrated Derpibooru's five year anniversary with friends.
Artist -

U mad?
The places hit the hardest by the increase of minimum wage though will be places that aren’t doing well already because they have to adjust everything more to stay afloat. Smaller businesses may have a harder time, I’m not 100 on that Ive never managed one of those it just seems that way by what I know

Small businesses will be dropping like flies (it’s already happening with the lockdowns) if it got high enough. And then guess what? All of the business goes to big chains, which would make up what they lost by increasing the minimum. Meanwhile unemployment would go up also as those former business owners try to find work.
Dustcan
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Condensed Milk - State-Approved Compensation

Dogs
Also, things are already getting expensive. Inflation has continued every year but wages has stagnated since the 70s.
HorsesandMuchMOAR
Chaotic Little Trees - 1000+ images under their artist tag
A Really Hyper Artist - 500+ images under their artist tag
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
Dream Come True! - Participated in the MLP 9th Anniversary Event
A Tale For The Ages - Celebrated MLP's 35th Anniversary and FiM's 8th Anniversary
A Really Classy Artist - 250+ images under their artist tag
Cool Crow - "Caw!" An awesome tagger

Gallusposting since 2019
@Dustcan

Many people are complaining about inflation making everything more difficult. There has to be a way to stop it and help the poor get out of poverty.

BTW, what are your thoughts on Malaysia’s Permai programme? It’s some form of government aid for people affected or made poor by the virus/lockdown.

1, 2, 3, 4
Zincy
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

In Vino Veritas
The jury is out on the actual effects.

Some papers find that areas that hiked their minimum wage actually saw job growth, others saw losses. It also varied by industry.

The general consensus I’ve seen is as follow.

High traffic businesses like restaurants, stores, and other commercial services will likely see job growth due to increases spending by the general populace. It is, however, somewhat contingent on the location. Businesses in cities and suburbs will likely see more positives due to higher traffic, businesses in exurb and rural areas may see more negatives as costs may outstrip income. This may be mitigated however, as the same “more money in the pockets” forces will apply.

Lower traffic jobs that still employ minimum wage workers, or workers that would fall below the wage cap, will be more a mixed bag. It will depend on their industry. Factory work, for example, may be hit fairly hard depending on if its a high or low volume industry. But, factories are already being slammed by outsourcing and automation anyway. Other min wage industries like distribution would likely be able to endure it.

This is why I prefer a phased approach, with what constitutes as “minimum” being able to fluctuate per state. I think raising minimum wage to a “range” is better. Giving lower population states more flexibility. It should also be phased in over a year or two.
AaronMk
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Crystal Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Tree of Harmony - Drew someone's OC for the 2022 Community Collab
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Verified Pegasus - Show us your gorgeous wings!
Philomena - For helping others attend the 2021 community collab

Sky funeral
Many people are complaining about inflation making everything more difficult. There has to be a way to stop it and help the poor get out of poverty.

Inflation has been the standard of generating growth in the economy since the end of WW2. It’s baked into the structure. The only rational recourse is to pin wages to the rate of inflation and be done with it.

Our good lawmakers and business leaders though are not that rational sort.
Dustcan
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Condensed Milk - State-Approved Compensation

Dogs
@HorsesandMuchMOAR

If people can’t pay their rent or bills then they sure can’t pay taxes. Those programs look pricey, but a safety net means their population should recover and start paying it back off sooner.
tehwatever
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends.

@Dex Stewart  
Okay that’s it. You’s about to see a civil war not long after this.  
When you got BOTH PARTIES claiming each other of fucking with democracy, you’re fighting for the soul of the country now. aka you guys are so screwed now.

Welcome to the Third World club, amerika.
NitroFury
Lunar Guardian - Earned a place among the ranks of the most loyal New Lunar Republic soldiers (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Thread Starter - Horseplay
Artist -

Nitro Cat Bad!
It’s funny that some of these MAGAtards want the United States to become a Monarchy, for the sole purpose to make Trump a King. If I say a something so based to these people, I would say “Hey, I won’t mind the Brits reclaims us so the British Empire could rise again.”
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Ponies Online! - April 13-14

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide