Don't blame me, I voted for the other guy. (Politics General)

Background Pony #C911
Nationalism, flags, names, history are terrible things to commit violence over. Is there any actual, real benefit to the people of Ireland and Northern Ireland that would come from a united Ireland, outside of a simple “fuck the english!”?
Zincy
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Wallet After Summer Sale -
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

In Vino Veritas
@Background Pony #C911

A unified culture free of British imperialism that had autonomy from the piss poor decisions of the British to forsake the core economic benefits of the EU, and allowance of the Irish to self govern under their own flag as opposed to the decrepit British crown who is content to labor under the pathetic, racist, and self-defeating notion of British superiority?
Zincy
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -

In Vino Veritas
@Latecomer

Is it so wrong for a culture to want to fly under it’s own flag, free of the people who literally tried to murder them?

Or is it just because “white people” are not allowed to feel oppressed ever?

It’s not like the British literally tried to genocide our entire culture or anything. No, they totally did their best when we were starving by the thousands and totally didn’t make the situation 1000 times worse by withholding supplies so that we were “humbled”. Yea, that never happened.
Zincy
Non-Fungible Trixie -

In Vino Veritas
We’ll sit here and blame slave owners and the current south for every ill African Americans suffer without a second thought. We’ll demand reparations, and claim that modern southern folk should pay for the crimes of their ancestors.

But the mention of British “landlords” who saw the famine as “divine judgement” and were willing to let tens of thousands die because it was “deserved”, well that’s just white folk hurting white folk. .

A lot of folk are not about to forget what happened. And I’m sorry if that offends you.

White culture ain’t a fucking monolith. We aren’t all the damn same. And the Irish have acutely suffered under our fellow “white man”.
Background Pony #8F42
@Zincy  
The troubles is a pretty complicated time, and right now its not like Northern Ireland is really jumping for full integration with Ireland.
AaronMk
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Crystal Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Tree of Harmony - Drew someone's OC for the 2022 Community Collab
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Verified Pegasus - Show us your gorgeous wings!
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Philomena - For helping others attend the 2021 community collab
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.

Sky funeral
full

This is unironically the Boris Johnson future

Do not ask me how. Just accept Celtic domination of the Islands again
HorsesandMuchMOAR
Chaotic Little Trees - 1000+ images under their artist tag
A Really Hyper Artist - 500+ images under their artist tag
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
Dream Come True! - Participated in the MLP 9th Anniversary Event
A Tale For The Ages - Celebrated MLP's 35th Anniversary and FiM's 8th Anniversary
A Really Classy Artist - 250+ images under their artist tag
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag
Cool Crow - "Caw!" An awesome tagger
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant

Gallusposting since 2019
I have several problems that I need advice with:

1. I am sometimes scared of poor people. This fear (or even hatred) of impoverished people may be influenced by:

• losing money when I was careless  
  • that one time when I was robbed  
  • militant movements being popular among poorer people (like Marxism/Stalinism/Maoism, fascism/neo-Nazism, Islamic extremism/ISIS)  
  • watching news reports of riots, and people who support rioting and looting (even though I already know that this is how they catch attention because society always ignores them)

These make me worry that poorer people might be out there to rob me.

1. I am afraid of becoming poor, because if that happens, I might have to overwork myself to death to earn money to buy food like many people did, steal, live in crude conditions, or no longer enjoy my Internet. Currently, I am trying to sell my books, and yet I am unable to qualify for many part-time jobs because I don’t have any educational degrees.

This, along with looking at how poverty can harm people, is why I dread poverty and think that it should be quickly eliminated like a disease so less people will suffer. This may be less like a debate, but could you share your advice regarding my fear of poverty and poor people?

Thanks for your help.
Background Pony #1F81
So apparently it seems like a lot of popular left-leaning accounts on Twitter (in the UK at least) are having their accounts suspended with little to no reason given.
Dustcan
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Condensed Milk - State-Approved Compensation

Dogs
@HorsesandMuchMOAR

For starters part of what you’re experiencing is called economic anxiety. It’s natural but unfortunate during times of economic hardship that people fear losing their affluence.

Second you’re wrongfooting yourself on how you approach the question. People who are impoverished aren’t some sub-breed of mongrel, their still people. You’re not going to be automatically attacked just because you walked within few feet of a someone who makes $15,000 a year or less.

WashPo did a survey of Congressional GOP on who would admit the results of the election.

Only 25 Republicans - split between the House and Senate - were able to say that Biden won. Almost 90% of sitting Republican officials refused to comment, with 2 insisting that Trump won. It also points out that of the paltry 14 House GOP who would admit it, 6 are retiring while 2 are from solidly Biden districts.

So much for the GOP being the pro-America party. Or is America no longer synonymous with democracy?
silbasa
Pixel Perfection - Hot Pockets Spotted
Non-Fungible Trixie -
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition

@HorsesandMuchMOAR  
Make a stockpile of food and other essentials now. Arm yourself with what you can legally get. Keep a low profile at all times. (Dont flash valuables etc.) Stay at home as much as possible. Plan escape routes. Upgrade bolts and locks. Get an alarm system. And again, no flashy stuff. Wear old clothing, use an old cell phone, drive ordinary car.
Background Human
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

CHS, Class of 20XX
@Goku Black  
Good thing there aren’t any prominent Republicans running around telling their supporters that elections are a sham. teehee

@Dustcan  
These are the same people who say “we’re a republic, not a democracy”. Never mind the fact that the Constitution mandates democratic elections for the House and Senate, and that the 14th and 24th Amendments acknowledge democratic elections for presidential electors.
𝕭𝖆𝖉𝖍𝖊𝖆𝖗𝖙
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -

@silbasa  
They can always get a cat for protection.

Serious though if you want some really good security, nobody locks up their dogs. Leave them some cheap kibble and anyone on your property will get a new anus.

Yup. Make those dogs yours. If they bite anyone it’s their ass!
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Techy Cutie Pony Collection!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide