Don't blame me, I voted for the other guy. (Politics General)

silbasa
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Wallet After Summer Sale -

@Vivace  
The right to speak should be protected, and the first amendment says that:

“Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.”

If you dont protect your rights eventually you will be the one censored.
Zincy
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

In Vino Veritas
@silbasa

“Congress shall make no law”

Congress didn’t.

The constitution, and the laws of the land, also protect private property and the rights of private owners to do with their property as they see fit (within reason).
Zincy
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

In Vino Veritas
@silbasa

FB and Google became monopolies due to people continuing to use them, and their continued status as such is supported and strengthened by conservative doctrine.

If you want to see the root of that problem, it’s not that some bullshit peddlers got yeeted from the platform, its the industry kick-backs and lack of stringent regulation.

There is no absolute free speech, nor could there ever have been.
Background Pony #F64B
There is no absolute free speech, nor could there ever have been.
And I’d argue that in situations like this, where someone is actively spreading lies and misinformation that could result in people getting killed, there absolutely should be regulations and laws to stop that.
Background Pony #C911
TV networks refusing to to run ad campaigns claiming bleach makes for good mouthwash is literally censorship. Who made them the guardians of what can and can’t be said? This is how democracy dies.

/silbasa
Violet Rose in The Rain
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

FB and Google became monopolies due to people continuing to use them, and their continued status as such is supported and strengthened by conservative doctrine.
Zincy, reminder that Silbasa noped out when I pointed out using Asian Americans to put African Americans down is a common tactic among conservatives and the alt-right so I’m starting to see a pattern here.
silbasa
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition

@Zincy  
Antitrust lawsuits are underway from the government, supported by both sides so there is someone in the government clearly worried about this.

@Commune  
Who is the arbiter of that? Should it be the courts or a google moderator?

@Background Pony #C911  
Users have no input on whats on the tv. Internet is user driven, at least for now.

What I am trying to say, protect your rights. Dont let them be chipped away. One day there might be something you want to say and then suddenly you discover you cannot.
Violet Rose in The Rain
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

The thing is, silbasa, I would take your words at face value were it not for the fact that you tried to make a big deal out of a biased misinformation tabloid network being banned from spreading harmful fake news.

There’s a whole conversation about freedom and security to be had ever since the planes went down on the Twin Towers like the proverbial gamer’s mom on another dude but you wouldn’t be in it in an ideal environment.
Background Pony #C911
@silbasa  
The internet isn’t “user driven”, it’s “whoever’s hosting it” driven. Don’t like who’s hosting it, what they’re hosting, or how they’re hosting it? Apply that “free market” spirit and go elsewhere, or set up your own host.

There are no excuses, just laziness and incompetence mixed with wanting someone else to manage things they way you want them to be at no cost to you.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Sky Railroad Merch Shop!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide