Don't blame me, I voted for the other guy. (Politics General)

silbasa
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Wallet After Summer Sale -

@doloresbridge  
The platforms have been given ample chances but do not listen. Both democrats and republicans are concerned over this. Antitrust lawsuits have been filed as well against some of these companies. If they just stop censoring it will all go away…
Ereiam
Betrayal! - Betrayed their team for a badge. Shame forever!
Solar Guardian - Refused to surrender in the face of the Lunar rebellion and showed utmost loyalty to the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Fine Arts - Two hundred uploads with a score of over a hundred (Safe/Suggestive)
Perfect Pony Plot Provider - Uploader of 10+ images with 350 upvotes or more (Questionable/Explicit)
Notoriously Divine Tagger - Consistently uploads images above and beyond the minimum tag requirements. And/or additionally, bringing over the original description from the source if the image has one. Does NOT apply to the uploader adding several to a dozen tags after originally uploading with minimum to bare tagging.
Cool Crow - "Caw!" An awesome tagger
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - Organization is important.
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

Monde de merde
Perhaps? Even so half the country voted for him again so he still have a fair following.

More like 30%, if we bring his votes to the total voting eligible population (that number might climb to 31, as there’s still 5 million ballots left to count; conversely, they were 33% (soon 34) to vote for Biden, 1% voted for neither and the remaining 34% simply didn’t bother to register or vote).
doloresbridge
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Peace to all
@silbasa  
I fear it being a nuke with fallout that kills or hurts us all. I think a stronger anti-trust route, based on market share over platform practices would be far safer for the Internet. Even Biden has talked about doing the same thing Though his cozy relationship with a lot of people there means I’m not sure what that’d look like in practice. I completely understand and sympathize with your frustrations and fears, I just don’t feel good on that move.
Background Pony #C911
@silbasa  
Then use Yahoo, DailyMotion, Gab, Parler, or other alternatives rather than run to Big State to make your safe space for you. Whatever happened to the free market? Whatever happened to competition? Are conservatives so week they can’t survive without the government shielding them and forcing private companies to cater to them?

It seems odd that conservatives are so anti-regulation, except when they can use regulation to force people and companies to pander to them rather than have to put in some actual work themselves.
silbasa
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -

@Ereiam  
Hmm. It may be the average voter notices little difference?

@doloresbridge  
No, it is not a good option at all. But over time this will become a democratic problem as even the middle is censored. I think some kind of government intervention is the only way to stop them now.

@Background Pony #C911  
Long story short, if they get a full monopoly on all this, these alternative services die. And even now they have a very small part of the total eyes on the web. What good is democracy if a company simply takes over?
lonewolf
Lunar Guardian - Earned a place among the ranks of the most loyal New Lunar Republic soldiers (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Magical Inkwell - Wrote MLP fanfiction consisting of at least around 1.5k words, and has a verified link to the platform of their choice
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2017) - Celebrated Derpibooru's five year anniversary with friends.
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag
Artist -

U mad?
@Background Pony #C911  
Yahoo isn’t exactly unbiased. Turns out Parler has leftist ties also. Gab, BItChute, and all of these other alt tech sites keep getting sabotaged because they get shut out by left controlled payment sites like PayPal, Patreon, and even banks. Facebook will block links to those sites. Silicon Valley is doing their best to shut alt tech down.
Background Pony #C911
@silbasa  
@lonewolf  
tl;dr: conservatives are either unqualified or too lazy to set up their own alternatives and have to resort to begging for a nanny state to support them. “But patreon, but paypal, but banks!”; set up your own services, hell, use crypto.

Stop asking for the government to use tax payer money to do your work for you, stop asking for handouts, apply those capitalist principals for something more than forum warrioring.
DarkObsidian
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
Economist -

Smiling Panzerfuchs 2.0
In my opinion, weapons do not belong in the hands of civilians. That’s what the military, the police and jobs like rangers/forester are for. Even as a reservist I would rather give up all my weapons in favour of a disarmed civilian population. But I am also biased in this respect, so nevermind. ;-)
Tokio Toy
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -

Someone tell me how things are: I have very dear acquaintances in Florida and I have not contacted them since Election Day (if you can tell me about other places, I will appreciate it very much).
Tokio Toy
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -

@Ereiam

Do not forget to mention the drawbacks of the current electoral system: Voting on the working week (deductable for absence, even if you are going to do your duty and exercise your right). Not to mention that you can argue any reason to exclude a percentage of the population from voting (incredibly, by race: remember when they elected W. Bush).
Tokio Toy
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -

@Vivace

In itself, it is the Workers’ History of the United States: Social Injustice written all over the place. And if you fight against that, they throw Captain America’s Legacy on you: they accuse you of being a Communist.
doloresbridge
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Peace to all
@Violet Rose in The Rain  
In US political discourse the Democrats where for a good bit of time the most viable conduit for any leftward change, hence the association of “liberal” with left. Even now that is still the case when you see the DSA linking up with them for some successes. Even when the right was more open to gun control a lot of it was pushed by more leftward leaning social welfare organizations. Certainly right now the Democratic party is polarized in a pro gun control direction and with most Democrats who were against gun control being either moderates or Blue Dogs I don’t think that statement is completely unreasonable in a US context.

Though, I’d be curious to know what do you consider to be left in your eyes. Do you consider Elisabeth Warren or AOC to be left?
Background Pony #C911
@Vivace  
Conservatives when poor people can’t pay for life-saving healthcare: “Pull yourself up by your bootstraps! Study to be doctor! Start your own hospital! Stop being a bum!”

Conservatives when private companies don’t want to host their lies: “MOMMYYYY, TH-THE LIBERALS! GOVERNMENT INTERVENTION NOW, PRIVATE ENTERPRISE HAS GONE TOO FAR!”
DarkObsidian
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Economist -

Smiling Panzerfuchs 2.0
What Trump and his staff of election fraudsters seem to be ignoring is that outside the US all financial experts have already lost all confidence in the American election process. This indirectly means that the USA is gradually becoming less attractive as an investment location. Even if Trump could win the election again (which I don’t expect he will), he has already done lasting damage to the reputation of the USA as a nation around the world. In the old days, they probably would have hung such a person. But as soon as Trump is no longer president, he’ll be out of the country anyway. Maybe he’ll be a new advisor to Putin. Or rather with his buddy Kim Jong-un. Jk. ;-)
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Pony Arts & Prints!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide