Don't blame me, I voted for the other guy. (Politics General)

silbasa
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Wallet After Summer Sale -

@Zaiketsu  
@Penguin Dragneel

Hi. This post is not meant as a slight towards LGBTQ people. It was a post meant to illustrate that Biden is a leftist, not a centrist and I picked those topics from his program as I consider them to be something the left side in american politics are more concerned with than the right. It is not meant as an attack on anyone here.
Vivace
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Artist -

“ShimSham my GlimGlams”
@silbasa  
What leftist appoints someone paid by fossil fuel titans to positions of influence over the global warming response? Only a phony.
Background Pony #C911
@CaptainXtra  
Trump can’t win no matter what magic his delusional supporters want to see happen. Results have been and are being certified, and SCOTUS can’t do jack fucking shit. This whole racket going on now is just so Trump can leave office without ever admitting he lost, thus keeping his sycophantic base intact for whatever he decides to do next (media network, plus create reticence against prosecution due to “public outcry”). And the spineless GOP is more than happy to let him carry on out of fear that speaking up against Trump will cost them the two Georgia senate seats.

UNRELATED

Can people please stop saying “gun control” is a “leftist” thing? It’s as silly as saying “drug laws” are a “right wing” thing.
Ebalosus
Silver Bit -
Sapphire -
Happy Derpy! -
Bronze Supporter -
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

Build commie blocks!
@silbasa

No, they appeal to liberals. Free healthcare, open borders, police abolishment, and overthrowing the capitalist system is how you appeal to the left.
silbasa
Non-Fungible Trixie -

@Ebalosus  
Would you agree there are at least some of those things in Bidens program?

All is not well in the democratic party, the progressives are on the move:  
Nytimes article (It may be paywalled, was source for article in local newspaper.)

AOC wants more power, but most of the party seems to fear her effect on their numbers.
silbasa
Non-Fungible Trixie -

@Penguin Dragneel  
Not? I dont really see conservatives talk about it all that much? Is it not more of a democrat/american left side of politics subject?

@CaptainXtra  
To late for that now but what he tried to do was good. With Biden bightech censorship will continue.

Also reading several articles here, seems they speculate that many people voted for Biden AND their republican senator/congressperson. (Not sure whats up for election here:P) Maybe a longing for centrism?
Background Pony #8F42
@Penguin Dragneel  
depends on the topic in my opinion. Some lgbt stuff would fall far left, but the only people who would support it is people on the far fringe left.
Background Pony #C911
@silbasa  
Is there a single thing you won’t cheerlead Trump for? It seems that no matter how dumb or vile a thing Trump did or tried to do, you’ll be here excusing it for him or arguing that it was to fight against those evil democrats.

At this point it really seems like you’re just doing the Patachu/Mote thing but in reverse, and I can’t figure out who the main is.
Ereiam
Betrayal! - Betrayed their team for a badge. Shame forever!
Solar Guardian - Refused to surrender in the face of the Lunar rebellion and showed utmost loyalty to the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Fine Arts - Two hundred uploads with a score of over a hundred (Safe/Suggestive)
Perfect Pony Plot Provider - Uploader of 10+ images with 350 upvotes or more (Questionable/Explicit)
Notoriously Divine Tagger - Consistently uploads images above and beyond the minimum tag requirements. And/or additionally, bringing over the original description from the source if the image has one. Does NOT apply to the uploader adding several to a dozen tags after originally uploading with minimum to bare tagging.
Cool Crow - "Caw!" An awesome tagger
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - Organization is important.
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

Monde de merde
Also reading several articles here, seems they speculate that many people voted for Biden AND their republican senator/congressperson. (Not sure whats up for election here:P) Maybe a longing for centrism?

Not every republican voter out here is a diehard MAGAtard. Some have caught early on that Trump was up to no good (others came to their senses later, once they realized some things, like ICE not being interested in “separating the chaff from the wheat” after their illegal significant other got deported, or had a conniption when they discovered they got screwed over their taxes) and figured that getting rid of that mistake, even at the cost of putting up with another Democrat in the White House for the next four years, was necessary for the mutual good of both their country and party.
silbasa
Non-Fungible Trixie -

@Background Pony #C911  
I am not pro censorship and therefore found his actions on section 230 warranted as big tech have shown they are not to be trusted in promoting an even playingfield for both sides of US politics.

@Ereiam  
Perhaps? Even so half the country voted for him again so he still have a fair following.
Background Pony #C911
@silbasa  
>not pro censorship  
>wants to censor and control private enterprises rather than foment competition and diversity

OK tankie
silbasa
Non-Fungible Trixie -

@Background Pony #C911  
Tankie? Thats a first! Usually its something from the other side. But no, I dont want Google, Facebook and Twitter to decide who gets to speak. Are they platforms or publishers? They claim to be platforms but perform editorial control on perfectly legal content…
doloresbridge
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Peace to all
@silbasa  
@silbasa  
Gutting section 230 could easily make censorship worse like that across the board. It’s what allows websites in the States to be able to allow mass user contributions without a risk of lawsuits. If the Republicans weakened it even partly for big tech then the Democrats would have all the incentive to try to do so on any smaller platforms, often portrayed as a problem for being not as strictly moderated If they totally gut it it than it would do that across the board; though perhaps be unsustainable in practice due how much of our life is tied to social media, it could still, even if quickly brought back, be rewritten in a way that harm the free and dynamic ecosystem we have right now.

@CaptainXtra  
Don’t know the context of that map but if the president legal team is anything to go by I highly doubt it.

@Penguin Dragneel  
I’d consider LGBTQ to be something more advocated by the left/liberals overall for sure, but it really is kind of messy to say it’s just leftism or on the left leaning side of the aisle. You can find cases of a few otherwise Conservative Republicans being pro LGBT before Obama and in the states it the big push for such equality big attempt to make it bipartisan in an almost centerist way.

Gun control too is a left thing but only to a point. Once you get past modern Bernie Sanders you can find quite a few far leftist who are pro gun and it was the one thing Hillary tried to outmaneuver Bernie on back in 2016.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Pony Arts & Prints!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide