Don't blame me, I voted for the other guy. (Politics General)

Background Pony #5EBD
@Zincy  
Maybe they’re right, maybe they’re wrong, who knows? To me, however, that prospect is incredibly unlikely.
Background Pony #5EBD
@Kiryu-Chan  
Unless you have actual proof that it isn’t/wasn’t a coincidence, I don’t believe your assertion that it isn’t one.
Ereiam
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Betrayal! - Betrayed their team for a badge. Shame forever!
Solar Guardian - Refused to surrender in the face of the Lunar rebellion and showed utmost loyalty to the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Fine Arts - Two hundred uploads with a score of over a hundred (Safe/Suggestive)
Perfect Pony Plot Provider - Uploader of 10+ images with 350 upvotes or more (Questionable/Explicit)
Notoriously Divine Tagger - Consistently uploads images above and beyond the minimum tag requirements. And/or additionally, bringing over the original description from the source if the image has one. Does NOT apply to the uploader adding several to a dozen tags after originally uploading with minimum to bare tagging.
Cool Crow - "Caw!" An awesome tagger
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - Organization is important.
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

Monde de merde
@Dustcan
Meaning that he failed to go past the limits of his power? Okay, good.

Yep, because most of his predecessors were also bound by a thing called “decency”, one quality of which Trump is absolutely devoid.

@Background Pony #5EBD  
@Dustcan
If you’re looking to get straight, unbiased news, then Vox is absolutely NOT the place to be looking at for such news.

And the Harvard study referenced in the article isn’t worth considering either, because “mUh LiBrUl InTeLlEcTuAlS”, I presume?

@Background Pony #5EBD  
@Background Pony #70D6
I take it that you do not recent what the Supreme Court is.

You mean that thing the Republicans recently stacked, breaking the rule they themselves set four years ago to deny Obama’s last nomination?

@Background Pony #5EBD  
@Background Pony #5EBD
And if Trump loses, I’m sure MAGA types will take it peacefully…
Hardly likely that they would take it the same way that the idiots who responded violently to the 2016 election took it. Also, if this isn’t a prime example of deflection that I am seeing, right here, then you might as well call me a retarded chump who a assumes everything (which is not true, in any way, shape, or form).

Very well: you’re a retarded chump who a assumes everything — whatever that’s supposed to mean (heh, it’s not breaking the rules if you’re asking for it, is it?)

@Background Pony #5EBD  
@Dustcan
You can thank Xi Jinping and his cronies in the Chinese government for that.

Figures that’s something Trump wouldn’t want to take credit for, for once.

@Background Pony #5EBD  
@Kiryu-Chan
Unless you have actual proof that it isn’t/wasn’t a coincidence, I don’t believe your assertion that it isn’t one.

Except the fact that Trump’s no stranger to that kind of “coincidences”.

Also, this is how you reply to multiple posts, instead of inconsiderately flooding the thread with several replies in a row.
silbasa
Pixel Perfection - Hot Pockets Spotted
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Wallet After Summer Sale -

@DarkObsidian  
If both blocks could become self sufficient nothing would be better. Europe needs the jobs and the security they bring. But these topics are usually extremely complex and far beyond my understanding. One thing we noticed here in Norway is how sensitive the chinese are to a loss of prestige. When Jagland gave the nobel peace price to a chinese dissident they would not talk to us for 5+ years. Short term we need to pressure then diplomatically and economically to get them to clean up their agriculture.
Background Pony #5EBD
@Background Pony #5EBD
@Dustcan
Meaning that he failed to go past the limits of his power? Okay, good.
Yep, because most of his predecessors were also bound by a thing called “decency”, one quality of which Trump is absolutely devoid.

That literally makes no sense. How does not being bound by decency logically equate to, in and of itself, not being able to go past the limits of one’s power? Wouldn’t that likely have the opposite effect? Is there something that I’m missing, here? Is this just some “gotcha” answer?

@Background Pony #5EBD
@Dustcan
If you’re looking to get straight, unbiased news, then Vox is absolutely NOT the place to be looking at for such news.
And the Harvard study referenced in the article isn’t worth considering, because “mUh lIbRuL iNtElLeCtUaLs”, I presume?

No, because Vox News in general is absolutely heavily-biased garbage, whereas the New York Times, Pew Research Center, and C-SPAN, to name a few, are not.

@Background Pony #5EBD
@Background Pony #70D6
I take it that you do not recent what the Supreme Court is.
You mean that thing the Republicans recently stacked, breaking the rule they themselves set four years ago to deny Obama’s last nomination?

Yes, that Supreme Court, and I still have full faith in it, unlike with the legislative and executive branches, to properly carry out its duties.

@Background Pony #5EBD
@Latecomer
@Background Pony #5EBD
And if Trump loses, I’m sure MAGA types will take it peacefully…
Hardly likely that they would take it the same way that the idiots who responded violently to the 2016 election took it. Also, if this isn’t a prime example of deflection that I am seeing, right here, then you might as well call me a retarded chump who a assumes everything (which is not true, in any way, shape, or form).
Very well: you’re a retarded chump who a assumes everything — whatever that’s supposed to mean (heh, it’s not breaking the rules if you’re asking for it, is it?)

While you aren’t actually breaking the rules in anyway, you are disregarding the fact that I am actually not what I was sarcastically regarding myself to be, in a rhetorical manner, which was that I’m a retarded chump who assumes everything. I even made that clear in that very comment, and so apparently, not only are you unable to read clearly, but at the same time, you are clearly making statements about me that are not true.

Anyways, on the whole Trump Supporters being “as violent” as anti-Trump leftists and far leftists thing, I will really have to wait and see until after the election to see if people like you are right, about that.

@Background Pony #5EBD
@Dustcan

Because Trump genuinely isn’t/wasn’t responsible for the virus literally originating in China and spreading beyond its borders in the first place, for Christ’s sake.

Also, this is how you reply to multiple posts, instead of inconsiderately spamming several replies in a row.

That would make perfect sense, if the reality of the situation being that there are posts that I would want to reply to that I haven’t seen yet didn’t exist.
Background Pony #9A93
Trump isn’t “the new Hitler” if only because his only interest is himself and he’s too airheaded to carry through any plan or vision that spans more than three full months.

That said, he’s done a lot to pave the way for “the new Hitler”. He’s hollowed out institutions, weakened the trust Americans have in the system, shown how much one can get away with through sheer force of ego and placing sycophants in positions of power, and written the guidebook for how easy it is to get a fervent base of ultra-loyal nationalists.

The real fear now will be in 4-8 years when someone in their 40-50s, with military commendations, a square jaw and true charisma gets on the GOP ticket and courts the same voter base that venerated Trump (and more specifically, Trumpism).
DarkObsidian
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
Economist -

Smiling Panzerfuchs 2.0
I always expected that any Banana Republic I lived in would at least be, tropical.

So America is the new Cuba? I mean, I can see certain parallels there. Only in Havana the weather is usually better. ;-)

@silbasa

Yeah, I have never quite understood how the Chinese regime gets the idea of always reacting like an angry infant because of loss of prestige. On the other hand, in many Asian countries to lose face means something like a deadly sin. But as long as you don’t have a strong castle and a united army, you have to endure the wrath of the dragon.
Kiryu-Chan
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -

World's Okayest User
@Background Pony #5EBD
@Dustcan
Because Trump genuinely isn’t/wasn’t responsible for the virus literally originating in China and spreading beyond its borders in the first place, for Christ’s sake.

I mean he is responsible for not controlling the virus and letting it get out of control here, unless China is somehow in charge of the US as well….
Background Pony #5EBD
@Kiryu-Chan  
While that is technically true, the primary and sole culprit of allowing that virus to spread beyond its own nations borders in the first place and into the rest of the world is, and always will be, the Chinese government. That’s just a fact.
Background Pony #9A93
@Kiryu-Chan
While that is technically true, the primary and sole culprit of allowing that virus to spread beyond its own nations borders in the first place and into the rest of the world is, and always will be, the Chinese government. That’s just a fact.
@Kiryu-Chan
Youre welcome to try and control a virus.

This is the sort of thing I imagine most Trumpists believe in. The virus is entirely China’s fault for not containing it, but also you can’t blame Trump for its spread in the US because it’s impossible to contain a virus.
tehwatever
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends.

@MagpulPony  
You dont control the virus.  
You control the spread of it, via isolating the infected from the non-infected.

Kinda like wildfires when it’s gone past the point where you can put it out. What you do is to cut the spread, and eventually it’ll run out of things to burn.

Our gameplan for the virus since the beginning is to literally outlast it, and it’s doable, if ppl are willing to suffer for a while.
Background Pony #BCF0
The sad truth is theur is no completely controlling the virus spread in a country like the US, and much of the policy for dealing with it is at the state level. When it began the US was unprepared for aomething of this level and has been for awhile, our testing stumbled out of the gate due to bad tests and bad policies. The economic impact of the shutdowns has been bad, and the people in DC can’t agree on a relief package because both sides are playing politics with it.

Easier just to blame Trump or China though for all the problems.
Ereiam
Solar Guardian - Refused to surrender in the face of the Lunar rebellion and showed utmost loyalty to the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Fine Arts - Two hundred uploads with a score of over a hundred (Safe/Suggestive)
Perfect Pony Plot Provider - Uploader of 10+ images with 350 upvotes or more (Questionable/Explicit)
Notoriously Divine Tagger - Consistently uploads images above and beyond the minimum tag requirements. And/or additionally, bringing over the original description from the source if the image has one. Does NOT apply to the uploader adding several to a dozen tags after originally uploading with minimum to bare tagging.

Monde de merde
@Background Pony #9A93  
If anything, calling Trump “the new Hitler” is an insult to Hitler, because at least Hitler started off as somewhat competent in his totalitarian enterprise — or, at least, able to pick subordinates that were, when it came to establish it (then, thankfully, mistakes were made, which led to the eventual downfall of Nazi Germany).
Background Pony #9A93
@silbasa  
Some EU countries, yes.

But this is the USA we’re talking about, the best country in the world with all the money and experts and the strongest will. It’s very unamerican to go “yeah, well, we may suck, but some other places also suck”.
tehwatever
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends.

@silbasa  
I blame ppl valuing freedom over “patience” in this case.

Spain is so fucking retarded in their virus handling, it’s the literal worst in Europe.

1. The people are totally against being cooped up, and dont treat the virus like it’s a real thing. They wear mask, but that’s all they do.

2. The government is not handing out aid for small businesses ESPECIALLY those in tourism sector, despite tourism being one of Spain’s top source of income. Businesses closing down, owners in debt, jobs lost.

3. That makes ppl upset, confused, no way out, bleeding money out of their savings.

4. Spain decides to extend state of alarm and weird ass curfew up to May 2021. Disproportionately targeting the working class and laborers.

5. Now ppl are of course, RIOTING. Trash cans burned, shops looted, ppl arrested and beaten.

Would ppl just chill out, stay home and dont be spreading bs, and would the govt and lanlords and money lenders PLEASE dont collect during the pandemic?! It’s like we dont want to survive together or something!
Ereiam

Monde de merde
@tehwatever  
I guess this is what happens when your country’s so politically screwed all it’s got is a shitty minority liberal-left-led government (the PSOE hardly looks any better than what the PS used to be under François Hollande, before the advent of Macron made it utterly collapse), with the alt-righters from Vox making up a good third of the opposition.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Ministry of Image - Fanfiction Printing

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide