Don't blame me, I voted for the other guy. (Politics General)

tehwatever
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Artist -
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends.

@CaptainXtra  
Like Zincy said. Nurturing and welcoming. She welcomes the tired and the poor, the masses yearning to be free.  
A womanly figure fits the job better imo.

Anyway, before she was Lady Liberty, she was EGYPT, Carrying Light to Asia. The sculptor modeled Egypt, now Liberty, on a veiled muslim peasant woman he saw around town.

This was Bartholdi’s first rough sculpt  
full

Early liberty designs had her wear some sort of veil or headwear too!  
full
Background Pony #3364
@Zincy  
I see that you have an affinity for smugly trashing a particular state, and its own people, as if they’re an inferior species.
Background Pony #3364
@Ereiam  
Beats me, although I still like to make my points on topics/discussions that I’m interested in.
ᎶㄖҜㄩ 乃ㄥ卂匚Ҝ
One-Star Dragon Ball - For supporting the site
Happy Derpy! - For site supporters
Bronze Supporter - Bronze Supporter
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Dream Come True! - Participated in the MLP 9th Anniversary Event
A Tale For The Ages - Celebrated MLP's 35th Anniversary and FiM's 8th Anniversary
Artist -

Zamasu
Sometimes I wonder, what does the “Lady” in Lady Liberty symbolize in a country that’s pretty much always been male dominated in terms of leadership?
Does the “Lady” portion stand for equality or what?
What kept the French from just making it a dude and calling him “Lord Liberty“ in the first place?

Speaking of which, I wonder why some people use feminine pronouns to refer to lands.

For example: “I love Texas and her wide open spaces!”
Ereiam
Betrayal! - Betrayed their team for a badge. Shame forever!
Solar Guardian - Refused to surrender in the face of the Lunar rebellion and showed utmost loyalty to the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Fine Arts - Two hundred uploads with a score of over a hundred (Safe/Suggestive)
Perfect Pony Plot Provider - Uploader of 10+ images with 350 upvotes or more (Questionable/Explicit)
Notoriously Divine Tagger - Consistently uploads images above and beyond the minimum tag requirements. And/or additionally, bringing over the original description from the source if the image has one. Does NOT apply to the uploader adding several to a dozen tags after originally uploading with minimum to bare tagging.
Cool Crow - "Caw!" An awesome tagger
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - Organization is important.
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

Monde de merde
@Goku Black  
It’s even odder in French, as some name of territories are male-gendered and other female-gendered without immediately apparent logic.  
Take the US states, for example: California, both Carolinas, Florida, Georgia, Louisiana, Pennsylvania and both Virginias are female (French people say “la Californie”, “la Caroline du Nord”, “la Géorgie”, “la Virginie Occidentale”, etc.) and the rest are male (they’re referred as “le”, unless the state’s name starts with a vowel, in which case the “e” ends up elided as an apostrophe (ex: “l’Idaho”) — except for Hawaii and New York, which are never preceded with an article in French — in the latter’s case, it’s almost always referred as “l’État de New York”, to tell it apart from the city).  
At the scale of the world, 95 countries are male, 102 are female (give or take one if you still say “la Birmanie” (Burma) instead of “le Myanmar”), plus among those, 15 are plural (like “les États-Unis d’Amérique”) and 17 don’t take an article (like Israel).
Background Pony #68DC
I see everyone arguing about Trump or Biden… Then I lool to Scotland and see this and realize how lucky we are here.

Apparently the new “hate crime” bill proposed would criminalize speech in your own home at the dinner table.
Zincy
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -

In Vino Veritas
@Background Pony #3364

The Virginia, West Virginia rivalry goes back longer than either of us have been alive.

We make a sport out of talking shit about each other.

Also, if you look at virtually every standard metric, West VA is a shithole. Impoverished, high mortality rates, polluted, etc. Facts are facts mate.
Background Pony #68DC
@Zincy  
Their is more to a state then dry statistics. If we went by those metrics your state is a shithole compared to mine.
Zincy
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -

In Vino Veritas
@Background Pony #68DC

Apples to oranges.

There’s being lower on the list, and then theres bottom of it. There are plenty of states better than VA, but there pretty much no states worse than West VA.

Highest poverty rate, highest drug fatality rate, 6th highest infant mortality rate, second from the bottom in education and testing, second highest obesity rates.

There might be “more to a state”, but these stats don’t exactly paint a pretty picture of a place you’d want to live and raise a family.
Background Pony #68DC
@Zincy  
Yet people still choose to live there and are happy. They have their preference. I wouldn’t consider any state in the country a shithole, all of them are just “lower on the list” to me. I haven’t lived there and don’t want to, but then again I would probably choose it over a state like Washington.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
My Little Ties crafts shop

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide