Don't blame me, I voted for the other guy. (Politics General)

Background Pony #3364
@Ereiam  
Why, exactly, should I take advice from—or waste any further time I have responding to—a guy whose responses to me are consistently comprised of usually nothing but ‘Gotcha!’ posts and deflections with barely any constructive criticisms, whatsoever?

If all you’re willing to do is essentially do nothing but point out whatever unintended and/or honest mistakes or inconsistencies that I may have made, when I generally do a pretty good, if not, decent job of avoiding them, then maybe I should start doing the same thing to you, whenever you make any unintended and/or honest mistakes or inconsistencies.

Also, the only person that can ever decide for me which people are “obviously not worth my time” is myself, and myself alone. And buddy, YOU are most definitely not worth anymore of my time, right now, although I will answer your reiteration of Latecomer’s hackneyed and pointless question on how I would ‘define’ the “patriarchy” when I have the time to do just that, when I no longer (albeit temporarily) have any major priorities to focus on, and THIS is not one of them.

Oh, and one more thing: actually think about what I just said to you, here, for once.
silbasa
Pixel Perfection - Hot Pockets Spotted
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Wallet After Summer Sale -

@Vivace  
I cant. You are indeed correct. I do not understand it. I do not share it. I find it fundamentally wrong on all possible levels.

@Latecomer  
The marxist economy dont work. Thats the main problem. You say capitalism kills people, I see it keeping people feed and clothed. How to make communism work in a modern first world nation? I have no idea outside of Star Trek replicators.
Ebalosus
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Silver Bit -
Sapphire -
Happy Derpy! -
Bronze Supporter -
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

Build commie blocks!
@Latecomer

Oh I agree that the media industry is phenomenally shitty towards women, especially Hollywood…but just because it’s probably the worst offender, doesn’t mean that all others are just as bad. For some industries, especially traditionally male-dominated ones, it would be more of a respect and tone issue that hampers women, while in others there’s not enough women in them, thus can be seem as sexist because with less women, there’s less that will rise to the top, thus any that do will be seen as exceptional.

Look, I want more representation in the workplace, but I don’t want it to come about through ham-fisted or misaimed means. The focus should be on encouraging women to enter all roles, and to ensure that the attitudes of those people already there don’t hold them back. It should also be as meritorious as possible, because that helps ensure that resentment and backlash culture doesn’t take hold of the endeavour.

@silbasa

France has got a bigger Macron problem than a Muslim one, and the DDR doesn’t count either, since the soviets pillaged the place to extract reparations after WW2
Ereiam
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Betrayal! - Betrayed their team for a badge. Shame forever!
Solar Guardian - Refused to surrender in the face of the Lunar rebellion and showed utmost loyalty to the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Fine Arts - Two hundred uploads with a score of over a hundred (Safe/Suggestive)
Perfect Pony Plot Provider - Uploader of 10+ images with 350 upvotes or more (Questionable/Explicit)
Notoriously Divine Tagger - Consistently uploads images above and beyond the minimum tag requirements. And/or additionally, bringing over the original description from the source if the image has one. Does NOT apply to the uploader adding several to a dozen tags after originally uploading with minimum to bare tagging.
Cool Crow - "Caw!" An awesome tagger
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - Organization is important.

Monde de merde
@silbasa  
You’re assuming that my position was, as you put it, that there’s “no problems in France”. That’s where you’re wrong: we’re merely disagreeing on the nature of said problems.  
Unlike you, who stop at a superficial lecture of the situation, I try to see the bigger picture and consider both islamism and islamophobia as two sides of the same intolerant coin, both of which ought to be fought with equal vigor.
silbasa
Pixel Perfection - Hot Pockets Spotted
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition

@Ebalosus  
Doesnt count, dont matter never tried… It never worked and it never will. Lets try something else?

@Vivace  
I oppose turning my for now relatively safe country into one that has montly terror attacks yes. Whatever that makes me I leave up to you to define.

@Vivace  
You want utopia. Noble enough. But people brains dont work like that. Never have. Ever society ever has tensions. The more different people there are the more tensions there are. Thats why homogenus countries are more stable. What we see in France now is the end of that.

@Ereiam  
And your solution is then more of what have not worked for the past decades leading to ever escalating attacks? I genuinly wish you the best and hope you figure something out.
Background Pony #9A93
@Ereiam  
What did you expect from someone that acts like they’d apply for US citizenship just to vote for Trump and own the libs?
Background Pony #3364
@Ereiam  
Could you actually try not to assume things about me, for once? That would actually be very productive for the both of us (you more so than I, result-wise), and yes, I’m actually serious, here, like I have pretty much usually been, in this thread.

Also, if (and I do mean if, not when. This isn’t an assumption, this is a question.) you’re intellectually and/or philosophically unable to punch above your weight (like I am) when responding to people like me, then just own up to it, either publicly, privately, or both in a sequential manner, and be done with it.
tehwatever
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Artist -
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends.

Would ppl in France just chill down a little? We’re still in the middle of pandemic. Look at your figures. You just beat Spain in daily cases. Spain, aka pound-per-pound numbah one corona cases in Europe, to the point that you’re locking down parts of your country for an entire month.

Is everyone all over the world so freaking BORED that they feel like they could just go out and murder people, abuse authority, burn shops, raid government office, demand a king to dethrone and now start a religious war over a cartoon.

Corona-Chan is probably like “Did everyone forget about me or something?”
Ereiam
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Betrayal! - Betrayed their team for a badge. Shame forever!
Solar Guardian - Refused to surrender in the face of the Lunar rebellion and showed utmost loyalty to the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Fine Arts - Two hundred uploads with a score of over a hundred (Safe/Suggestive)
Perfect Pony Plot Provider - Uploader of 10+ images with 350 upvotes or more (Questionable/Explicit)
Notoriously Divine Tagger - Consistently uploads images above and beyond the minimum tag requirements. And/or additionally, bringing over the original description from the source if the image has one. Does NOT apply to the uploader adding several to a dozen tags after originally uploading with minimum to bare tagging.
Cool Crow - "Caw!" An awesome tagger
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - Organization is important.

Monde de merde
@tehwatever  
We’re reconfining countrywide tonight (turns out partial curfew didn’t cut it).  
Glass half full, it’ll be harder to have terror attacks with less people out and about, so I guess that takes care of this immediate issue as well — on the short term anyway (coronavirus might prove easier to cure than intolerance however).
Background Pony #3364
@Background Pony #9A93  
Buddy, I am natural-born US citizen, have been one all my entire life, have lived here all my life, and will continue to live here my entire life, and I have not once ever voted for Trump, and I never will. You are barking up the wrong tree, here.

Also, assume less, about others, for fuck’s sake.
tehwatever
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends.

@Ereiam  
Reminder that terrorists don’t care about Corona, so you will pretty much have to go down on ppl going out past curfew REALLY HARD. Especially on muslim workers and business owners. Which may eventually lead to further conflict but I’m really hoping french muslims would just swallow their ego and eat the blows, tbh.
Background Pony #3364
@Ereiam  
That would make sense, if what I’m asking of you was just as disingenuous, deflective, and as much of a ‘gotcha’ attempt as what you were asking of me, but you do you.
tehwatever
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -

I heard that Macron is doing what UK is doing: namely demonizing flat out racist and far-right parties while at the same time normalizing their discourse to both get the votes of right-leaning, while also promoting themselves to uphold progressive values.

Kinda SLICK not gonna lie

Kinda stings, to be honest. It hurts muslims especially hard.
Background Pony #3364
I heard that Macron is doing what UK is doing: namely demonizing flat out racist and far-right parties while at the same time normalizing their discourse to both get the votes of right-leaning, while also promoting themselves to uphold progressive values.

In response to what’s highlighted in bold, all I can really say is [CITATION NEEDED].
tehwatever
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -

you’re intellectually and/or philosophically unable to punch above your weight (like I am)
I don speek ingles. clarify to me pls.

You mean to say “unable to punch someone above your weight like me” or mean to say “I cannot punch above my weight, you can’t either”?

I assume the latter because the structure is “You are…Like I am” implying comparison. But I could see it like “above your weight, like I AM” implying you’re above his weight.

Hmmm….
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Sky Railroad Merch Shop!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide